Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Best PvP Class?

2»

Comments

  • DunnDunn The great Buffalo tundraPosts: 6,033Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    On the surface, sure. 


    Exelethril
  • AradorArador Posts: 1,696Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Yeah with the damage focus on the new specs, Runie is the best bet since it is built for min maxing. That being said, the threat of vivisection can be used to a massive advantage by some specs. Like forcing restore to avoid the vivi so they can not tumble away from DSB, or forcing bad curing against dual blunt to avoid the vivi, leaving head vulnerable. 

    Dual blunt, dual cutting and twohander are good for infernal. Don't bother with sword and board. 

  • JovoloJovolo EnglandPosts: 3,141Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Can unartied dual cut even force restores? I thought they were always slower than 2 seconds. Sounds shitty for them
  • AradorArador Posts: 1,696Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Not sure actually, have not tried that spec. 

  • JinsunJinsun TN, USAPosts: 2,857Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dude dual cutting runie is disgusting right now on damage and mana drain. Not sure on the Artie question 
    image
  • DunnDunn The great Buffalo tundraPosts: 6,033Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I DSL at around 1.9 with level 1s


  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesPosts: 2,460Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dual cutting runies actually got nerfed if anything from the knight specs.  Any mana pressure tactics were actually more effective back when high end forged rapiers with weapon runes had more base damage and speed than the level 3 scims do now.  Runelore did get an isaz/engage buff for more room control and dsb damage increased from weapon rune but that's a separate question.

    I would guess Paladin is the biggest beneficiary of knight changes, they got a relative increase in speed, hellsight got buffed, targeted arc and pipe balance.  Though from what I've seen even with level 3 longsword and buckler they are still having issues pulling off damnation as SnB.  Would bet that dual cutting can pull it off though.
    image
  • DunnDunn The great Buffalo tundraPosts: 6,033Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited July 2015
    I don't think you understand how pithakhan works now, @Achilles. It's % mana drain per proc and unlike hugalaz they can double proc on dual wielded weapons. I've never fought a scary paladin post changes, but I have locked (See: venomlocked + <250 mana) plenty of people.


    Arador
  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesPosts: 2,460Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dunn said:
    I don't think you understand how pithakhan works now, @Achilles. It's % mana drain per proc and unlike hugalaz they can double proc on dual wielded weapons. I've never fought a scary paladin post changes, but I have locked (See: venomlocked + <250 mana) plenty of people.
    was unaware you can double proc pithakhan, what's the approximate proc %?  I do regret going SnB, been too lazy to redo an offense and RIP lunge.
    image
  • HasarHasar Posts: 795Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Isn't it like 10%?

  • DunnDunn The great Buffalo tundraPosts: 6,033Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited July 2015
    Around 10 yeah. Unsure of proc%. Sometimes I go awhile without it, but regardless of the proc%, I would say DWC is the best. The venom control is just too good.

    Read proc rate as rate of actual proccing, not amount.


  • CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,637Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Proc % is 12%ish iirc.

  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USAPosts: 1,818Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited July 2015
    Mana drain is 10% of max, proc rate is whatever Nairat is. Can see where DSL+Pith would be rough on momentum-based classes that don't have the luxury of going defensive/running when needed, but I don't see it as a huge problem for anyone that can slow prep. I die to it if I'm not careful, but I'm also largely unartefacted; slow-prep classes with CON belts, bracelets, and/or sip rings seem like they should be able to manage.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • XinnaXinna Posts: 691Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited August 2015
    Achilles said:
    Dual cutting runies actually got nerfed if anything from the knight specs.  Any mana pressure tactics were actually more effective back when high end forged rapiers with weapon runes had more base damage and speed than the level 3 scims do now.  Runelore did get an isaz/engage buff for more room control and dsb damage increased from weapon rune but that's a separate question.

    I would guess Paladin is the biggest beneficiary of knight changes, they got a relative increase in speed, hellsight got buffed, targeted arc and pipe balance.  Though from what I've seen even with level 3 longsword and buckler they are still having issues pulling off damnation as SnB.  Would bet that dual cutting can pull it off though.


    I can damn unartied on my paladin with relative ease. Really easily with a lvl 2. Can't imagine lvl 3 being hard.

    SnB is best for damning, and damning is really solid now, after pipe/hellsight/arc changes. I don't know any paladin SnBs besides me who actually 1v1 though.

    Pally's my favorite knight class by far, but I'm weird, since I only go for afflictions and not damage.

    Mizik
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNPosts: 1,126Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Xinna said:
    Achilles said:
    Dual cutting runies actually got nerfed if anything from the knight specs.  Any mana pressure tactics were actually more effective back when high end forged rapiers with weapon runes had more base damage and speed than the level 3 scims do now.  Runelore did get an isaz/engage buff for more room control and dsb damage increased from weapon rune but that's a separate question.

    I would guess Paladin is the biggest beneficiary of knight changes, they got a relative increase in speed, hellsight got buffed, targeted arc and pipe balance.  Though from what I've seen even with level 3 longsword and buckler they are still having issues pulling off damnation as SnB.  Would bet that dual cutting can pull it off though.


    I can damn unartied on my paladin with relative ease. Really easily with a lvl 2. Can't imagine lvl 3 being hard.

    SnB is best for damning, and damning is really solid now, after pipe/hellsight/arc changes. I don't know any paladin SnBs besides me who actually 1v1 though.

    Pally's my favorite knight class by far, but I'm weird, since I only go for afflictions and not damage.

    Damning as a lv3 paladin is actually extremely hard. Few people lived long enough to use it.

    Praxides
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,303Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Caladbolg said:
    Xinna said:
    Achilles said:
    Dual cutting runies actually got nerfed if anything from the knight specs.  Any mana pressure tactics were actually more effective back when high end forged rapiers with weapon runes had more base damage and speed than the level 3 scims do now.  Runelore did get an isaz/engage buff for more room control and dsb damage increased from weapon rune but that's a separate question.

    I would guess Paladin is the biggest beneficiary of knight changes, they got a relative increase in speed, hellsight got buffed, targeted arc and pipe balance.  Though from what I've seen even with level 3 longsword and buckler they are still having issues pulling off damnation as SnB.  Would bet that dual cutting can pull it off though.


    I can damn unartied on my paladin with relative ease. Really easily with a lvl 2. Can't imagine lvl 3 being hard.

    SnB is best for damning, and damning is really solid now, after pipe/hellsight/arc changes. I don't know any paladin SnBs besides me who actually 1v1 though.

    Pally's my favorite knight class by far, but I'm weird, since I only go for afflictions and not damage.

    Damning as a lv3 paladin is actually extremely hard. Few people lived long enough to use it.
    @Azelhu damned me while she was S&B. Yeah I have 7.5K health in lesserform, just saying there are definitely a segment of people you can enjoy damning.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNPosts: 1,126Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Dochitha said:
    Caladbolg said:
    Xinna said:
    Achilles said:
    Dual cutting runies actually got nerfed if anything from the knight specs.  Any mana pressure tactics were actually more effective back when high end forged rapiers with weapon runes had more base damage and speed than the level 3 scims do now.  Runelore did get an isaz/engage buff for more room control and dsb damage increased from weapon rune but that's a separate question.

    I would guess Paladin is the biggest beneficiary of knight changes, they got a relative increase in speed, hellsight got buffed, targeted arc and pipe balance.  Though from what I've seen even with level 3 longsword and buckler they are still having issues pulling off damnation as SnB.  Would bet that dual cutting can pull it off though.


    I can damn unartied on my paladin with relative ease. Really easily with a lvl 2. Can't imagine lvl 3 being hard.

    SnB is best for damning, and damning is really solid now, after pipe/hellsight/arc changes. I don't know any paladin SnBs besides me who actually 1v1 though.

    Pally's my favorite knight class by far, but I'm weird, since I only go for afflictions and not damage.

    Damning as a lv3 paladin is actually extremely hard. Few people lived long enough to use it.
    @Azelhu damned me while she was S&B. Yeah I have 7.5K health in lesserform, just saying there are definitely a segment of people you can enjoy damning.
    But did she have a level 3 longsword and 20 strength, cause that damage be high

  • AquilAquil Posts: 269Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited September 2015
    Caladbolg said:
    Dochitha said:
    Caladbolg said:
    Xinna said:
    Achilles said:
    Dual cutting runies actually got nerfed if anything from the knight specs.  Any mana pressure tactics were actually more effective back when high end forged rapiers with weapon runes had more base damage and speed than the level 3 scims do now.  Runelore did get an isaz/engage buff for more room control and dsb damage increased from weapon rune but that's a separate question.

    I would guess Paladin is the biggest beneficiary of knight changes, they got a relative increase in speed, hellsight got buffed, targeted arc and pipe balance.  Though from what I've seen even with level 3 longsword and buckler they are still having issues pulling off damnation as SnB.  Would bet that dual cutting can pull it off though.


    I can damn unartied on my paladin with relative ease. Really easily with a lvl 2. Can't imagine lvl 3 being hard.

    SnB is best for damning, and damning is really solid now, after pipe/hellsight/arc changes. I don't know any paladin SnBs besides me who actually 1v1 though.

    Pally's my favorite knight class by far, but I'm weird, since I only go for afflictions and not damage.

    Damning as a lv3 paladin is actually extremely hard. Few people lived long enough to use it.
    @Azelhu damned me while she was S&B. Yeah I have 7.5K health in lesserform, just saying there are definitely a segment of people you can enjoy damning.
    But did she have a level 3 longsword and 20 strength, cause that damage be high
    Okay what? It is so so so so so easy. I picked up Paladin and did it easily unartied. I can only imagine how easy it is if I got my hands on a level 1 or a level 2. Considering I've done it in rampages, and against people with active hinder or people with fitness? Like, cmon. It's honestly easy sauce. The hardest part for me was a limb counter.
    3 limb damnations were like 100% guaranteed to go off if you had proper stacking and momentum.
    2 limb was pushing it if you knew they couldnt hinder you or clumsy didn't wreck your shiz.

    Edit:

    On that note. Alchie seems like it's in a godly place again.
  • XinnaXinna Posts: 691Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Aquil said:
    Caladbolg said:
    Dochitha said:
    Caladbolg said:
    Xinna said:
    Achilles said:
    Dual cutting runies actually got nerfed if anything from the knight specs.  Any mana pressure tactics were actually more effective back when high end forged rapiers with weapon runes had more base damage and speed than the level 3 scims do now.  Runelore did get an isaz/engage buff for more room control and dsb damage increased from weapon rune but that's a separate question.

    I would guess Paladin is the biggest beneficiary of knight changes, they got a relative increase in speed, hellsight got buffed, targeted arc and pipe balance.  Though from what I've seen even with level 3 longsword and buckler they are still having issues pulling off damnation as SnB.  Would bet that dual cutting can pull it off though.


    I can damn unartied on my paladin with relative ease. Really easily with a lvl 2. Can't imagine lvl 3 being hard.

    SnB is best for damning, and damning is really solid now, after pipe/hellsight/arc changes. I don't know any paladin SnBs besides me who actually 1v1 though.

    Pally's my favorite knight class by far, but I'm weird, since I only go for afflictions and not damage.

    Damning as a lv3 paladin is actually extremely hard. Few people lived long enough to use it.
    @Azelhu damned me while she was S&B. Yeah I have 7.5K health in lesserform, just saying there are definitely a segment of people you can enjoy damning.
    But did she have a level 3 longsword and 20 strength, cause that damage be high
    Okay what? It is so so so so so easy. I picked up Paladin and did it easily unartied. I can only imagine how easy it is if I got my hands on a level 1 or a level 2. Considering I've done it in rampages, and against people with active hinder or people with fitness? Like, cmon. It's honestly easy sauce. The hardest part for me was a limb counter.
    3 limb damnations were like 100% guaranteed to go off if you had proper stacking and momentum.
    2 limb was pushing it if you knew they couldnt hinder you or clumsy didn't wreck your shiz.

    Edit:

    On that note. Alchie seems like it's in a godly place again.


    I'm pretty sure @Caladbolg's point is here and you're ------------------------------------> way the fk over here.

    Sry @Aquil.

    AquilCaladbolg
  • AquilAquil Posts: 269Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Was responding to Achille's post but was too lazy to scroll up and click the quote button so I clicked the one nearest me.  :p

    its k @Xinna
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,626Member @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Saying you've done it against people with fitness doesn't mean a lot if they're not utilising fitness correctly, and since I don't think there's a stock Svo fitness scenario that covers the way you'd want to be using fitness against an S&B Paladin most of them probably aren't (note to self: code something to use fitness correctly against S&B). Not to say that pulling off Damnation is difficult (it's not), but there are also things that people could be doing that they're not to swing the odds of them curing the necessary affliction (hellsight) more in their favour, and I suspect that's due in large part to the relatively low number of Paladins who are actively out there fighting.

  • AtalkezAtalkez Posts: 4,771Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I like to think I have top-notch curing and @Xinna has damned me on her unartied alt before. It can definitely be done.


    You hug Aurora compassionately.
    Aquil
  • XinnaXinna Posts: 691Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    My damnation setup is definitely designed to beat perfect fitness usage. There might be other ways to stop it, but not fitness.
    Aquil
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNPosts: 1,126Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited September 2015
    Xinna said:
    My damnation setup is definitely designed to beat perfect fitness usage. There might be other ways to stop it, but not fitness.
    Fitness which was total hell for damnation, pretty much became laughable after the 15 second cooldown on it to be fair.

    I just forced fitness and kept going because S&b is like an unstoppable monster.


    --Edit By forced fitness I mean hit them with asthma + smokable so they'd instantly fitness out not actually force them to use it.


    On that note, I might as well answer the question to the thread. As someone who's played alot of classes. I personally feel like the best class depends on who your fighting and what you want to do. Pure damage wise Runewarden prob the top there, Paladins just scary. Artied magi might as well run away, Blademaster against affliction classes/anything that doesn't just dsl your ass down is a nightmare.

    But for instance Blademaster vs a Serpent is going to be alot better than say Serpent vs Serpent or something. Your oppoents knowledge when fighting your class also plays a huge roll on how well your going to do. 1v1 and group combat are completely different beasts for the most part as well.

    I don't personally think any class is consider shitty anymore also Artifacts might make up a huge difference in it. There for I think the one you -want- to play makes more of a difference to me personally other than what the -best- pvp class is. since you'll never have one class better than the other in every situation.

    Overall would prob pick Paladin. Not played Runewarden since the changes but from experience i'd say it's going to be a top pick as well. but i'd also rather have devotion over runelore for almost any suitation.

  • TalysinTalysin Posts: 575Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Sylvan
  • RangorRangor Posts: 3,161Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sylvan
    image
  • AmranuAmranu Posts: 725Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Alchemist
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,303Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Alchemist & serpent. 
  • CynlaelCynlael Posts: 3,257Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Still Jester.

    Talysin
2»
Sign In to Comment.