Expert Diagnose Tutorial

I've spent like 15-20 hours so far between Skype & Piratepad helping people get into using Expert Diagnose, so I thought I'd just save myself some time & simultaneously help a lot more people if I just put it all in an HTML tutorial.

Figured I'd throw it on the forums too, since proper use of Expert Diagnose can massively benefit players with or without tracking systems of any kind.

http://tonykaze.wix.com/godzilla#!expert-diagnose/c240v

Please keep the negativity elsewhere.  Suggestions, feedback, questions, welcome!

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    A well written, engaging and informative post, thank you for sharing.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Shouldn't have wasted that trait reset. 

• Alaskar said:
    Shouldn't have wasted that trait reset. 

Totally worth 100cr IMO.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Honestly, after scimming through the "why every class should have it" I feel really stupid switching it off of bm for sawbones, when I could have just as easily kept using expert diagnoser to check the other side of the limb when I went for a double break.

• Is 5 seconds correct for the cooldown? @Sena lists 10 in her trait info page, and I don't want to deal with much forum searching in my phone right now.
    Might want to mention the malus to tree balance, just for completeness.

Also, I'm sorry, but my inner* 12-year-old won't let me read that many instances of the abbreviation ED without giggling.

*ok, not so "inner", really.
  • It is 5 secs
  • edited February 2015
    Announce 4003 says that expert diagnoser was sped up significantly, and I think I last tested it before that, so my numbers are likely outdated. I'm also not sure if the 5s tree penalty is from before or after the penalty was reduced.

• The tree penalty was there originally, and didn't get increased with the cooldown reduction.