Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Ask Your Producer: Valentine's Day 2015

12467

Comments

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin

    Szareine said:
    In addition to @Jurixe's questions:

    Will such a housing revamp include a more conducive way to navigate the subdivision? Or at least, to get to our houses. We can't all afford out of sub housing :(
    I was actually pondering the other day the feasibility of supporting landmarks in a subdivision - would require a fair bit of work, but I think it'd be nice. 
    BluefAchimrst
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Daeir said:
    Any plans to patch over the gaping plothole of allowing remedies/harvesting in cities formally aligned to alchemy?

    Or is the Cauda Pavonis stuff just.. no longer a thing?
    Definitely not the last we've heard of the Cauda Pavonis!
    BluefAchimrst
  • DortheronDortheron Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited February 2015
    1. Do you have any thoughts or plans on merchandising? [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNZove4OTtI

    I have several friends that I would enjoy having them join me on Achaea, but they have a hard time getting into a text game. I feel that if they knew the history/lore/culture in it, they would have an easier time coming to play it. Do you have any thoughts on releasing anything of the like? TRPG's? Novels? Board Games?


    2. Any plans on Achaea 2, Electric Boogaloo?

    3. Besides UW and Annwyn, are there any plans to have players be able to travel to other planes or planets, like the Raja homeworld? Besides it just being another hunting area, I would love to see a place that has a much bigger story behind it, similar to Istarion and Meropis

    4. When are we going to be able to explore the city of Seleucar, or what remains of it?

    5. Modern Sapience v Ancient Seleucar. MAKE IT HAPPEN!
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

    Yea, that one!
  • DortheronDortheron Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I suck at embedding :'(
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

    Yea, that one!
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Dortheron said:
    1. Do you have any thoughts or plans on merchandising? 

    I have several friends that I would enjoy having them join me on Achaea, but they have a hard time getting into a text game. I feel that if they knew the history/lore/culture in it, they would have an easier time coming to play it. Do you have any thoughts on releasing anything of the like? TRPG's? Novels? Board Games?


    2. Any plans on Achaea 2, Electric Boogaloo?

    3. Besides UW and Annwyn, are there any plans to have players be able to travel to other planes or planets, like the Raja homeworld? Besides it just being another hunting area, I would love to see a place that has a much bigger story behind it, similar to Istarion and Meropis

    4. When are we going to be able to explore the city of Seleucar, or what remains of it?

    5. Modern Sapience v Ancient Seleucar. MAKE IT HAPPEN!
    1) No plans for anything on the scale of TRPGs/Novels/Board games at the moment. Something like that is definitely more of a call for Sarapis than me, but I'd love to see a kickstarter campaign or something to expand into those areas.

    2) No plans for splitting off into a different game/sequel, no. Achaea will still continue to evolve, expand, and enhance every day though!

    3/4) Indeed, but you'll have to wait and see

    5) Sounds paradoxical!

  • KenwayKenway San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,130 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Underwater area for sunken Shallam?

    - Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
    BluefIskla
  • BronislavBronislav MarylandMember Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited February 2015
    Oh, hey, I'm up at an ungodly hour.

    I have a burning question: if a god Human Serpent wanted to, let's say--take over a continent or an island (That's a nice Zanzibaar you have there). When could that get pushed through?

    Also, speaking of really good ideas (Really, really good ideas..) there are a lot of ideas given to the Garden. Cascades, mountains of ideas. Ideas packed so high, it's quite possible that successfully scaling them would result in a a certificate from Guinness World Records. I've submitted two - one quite recently, and the other sometime in early September of 2014.

    Truth be told, I don't expect my ideas to be given much more than a gigglesnort - a man can dream, but even Divine patience is limited. How do you guys go through Ideas? Is it allocated to one person to sift through the sea of turds for potential non-turd items? Do you all just sit down together once a week and bring them up, one at a time? Do things come up where one or more Divine think an idea is the best thing since sliced bread when it's a horrible idea, or vice-versa? I mean, SHOW ME YOUR WORLD, HERE.

    Thanks in advance. :smile: 



  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,771 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Are there any specifics about the mechanics of multiclass that you'd be able/willing to share with us right now? Things like the cost involved, how many extra classes you'd be able to pick, how and how often you'd be able to switch, etc.
  • BlujixapugBlujixapug Member Posts: 1,833 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    have you ever taken a picture of your food and instagrammed it

    what are your thoughts re: steampunk or clockwork technologies in Achaea? please feel free to type a couple of sentences or more

    what do you consider achaea's most emblematic content? like for star wars it's the lightsaber.

    thoughts re: spiderman approved to appear in the marvel cinematic universe

    plans for new tradeskills?

    new races when
    image
    Bluef
  • MishgulMishgul ROTHERHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMember Posts: 5,314 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    achaea's emblem is definitely the flagon from loom island. Thousands and thousands of flagons. Flagons everywhere.

    -

    One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

    As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    Skye
  • JosoulJosoul Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    1: is the comm producing tradeskill coming before or after Hashan/Ashtan renaissance? Will villages stop selling comms when it is released?
    2: who has the last word in classleads and writes the 'decision' part in first person in the submissions?
    3: now that AB files show base balance times and for bal/eq the effects of stuff like nimble/talisman/stances/etc are known to calculate easily fastest speed and so on, would it be possible to have some info on occultist entities revealed officially? Like, A: how does INT lower the balance, by a percent (so slower ents affected more) or by a fixed amount of time, say 0.1s per point and is it the same for all ents? B: is the cap in speed reduction reached at 16 or 17 INT? If not, can we know when is it? C: how much is the cap in speed reduction? (a -15% or a -0.5s or what numbers, since I am not sure these are accurate) 
    4: have you considered AB files to show current balance time instead of base? So it would check for talisman/quick-witter for equilibrium abilities etc and show correct time.
    5: lately AB files have been updated with more info and they have started been transcribed into the wiki. Have you considered lifting the AB checking restrictions so any could check any skill they dont have instead of needing to pop into an alt and visit Certimene or the wiki? 
    6: talisman set relics. Umm.. explain?

  • MorthifMorthif Member Posts: 1,619 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Will we see a credit sale like December again soon? Protip I'm bad at saving money and don't care for the chocolates 
  • JacenJacen Member Posts: 2,304 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Will you be taking any more player input into the Hashan and Ashtan Renaissances, and how quick do you expect to roll those two out?
    image
    AchimrstBluef
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin

    Antonius said:
    Are there any specifics about the mechanics of multiclass that you'd be able/willing to share with us right now? Things like the cost involved, how many extra classes you'd be able to pick, how and how often you'd be able to switch, etc.
    While not exactly the same, if you think about how the tradeskills are handled, it's currently similar! The finer details, while coded, are not finalised, so you'll have to wait until closer to release for more concrete information.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin

    have you ever taken a picture of your food and instagrammed it

    what are your thoughts re: steampunk or clockwork technologies in Achaea? please feel free to type a couple of sentences or more

    what do you consider achaea's most emblematic content? like for star wars it's the lightsaber.

    thoughts re: spiderman approved to appear in the marvel cinematic universe

    plans for new tradeskills?

    new races when
    1) Not a foodstagrammer!
    2) To be honest, not something we're looking at expanding further than clockwork isle at this time. I'm more of a fan of low-tech swords and sorcery than the more technology-focussed aspects that come with steampunk.
    3) Hrrm, probably the dragon, which, while cliche in fantasy circles, is a very big part of Achaea (probably more-so than most other games).
    4) Jury is still out, depends on how much influence Sony has on the creative process. In theory, I'm excited by the prospect!
    5) A little further down the road, definitely.
    6) ^^^

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin

    Josoul said:
    1: is the comm producing tradeskill coming before or after Hashan/Ashtan renaissance? Will villages stop selling comms when it is released?
    2: who has the last word in classleads and writes the 'decision' part in first person in the submissions?
    3: now that AB files show base balance times and for bal/eq the effects of stuff like nimble/talisman/stances/etc are known to calculate easily fastest speed and so on, would it be possible to have some info on occultist entities revealed officially? Like, A: how does INT lower the balance, by a percent (so slower ents affected more) or by a fixed amount of time, say 0.1s per point and is it the same for all ents? B: is the cap in speed reduction reached at 16 or 17 INT? If not, can we know when is it? C: how much is the cap in speed reduction? (a -15% or a -0.5s or what numbers, since I am not sure these are accurate) 
    4: have you considered AB files to show current balance time instead of base? So it would check for talisman/quick-witter for equilibrium abilities etc and show correct time.
    5: lately AB files have been updated with more info and they have started been transcribed into the wiki. Have you considered lifting the AB checking restrictions so any could check any skill they dont have instead of needing to pop into an alt and visit Certimene or the wiki? 
    6: talisman set relics. Umm.. explain?

    1) Designs aren't finalised yet, so most likely after.
    2) Makarios writes the decisions for most of them, and handles the general approvals. If there's something that has a big impact, we usually discuss them, so I'd say I have the final word!
    3) Fixed amount per point of int. There's a scale involved, so if you have less than 16 int, you get fractionally more per point than if you have more than 16, but it continues to have an effect until 19 int.
    4) No plans at this very second to show personalised costs, but it's something we could potentially do in the future.
    5) I think they'll always be limited to skills you have access too, would rather that you go and talk to/fight another player rather than just looking at their ability files.
    6) Not sure there, more Sarapis' domain, but I think they were originally going to be able to be built from talisman pieces.
    Celusia
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin

    Morthif said:
    Will we see a credit sale like December again soon? Protip I'm bad at saving money and don't care for the chocolates 
    No straight credit sale for a little while, no.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin

    Jacen said:
    Will you be taking any more player input into the Hashan and Ashtan Renaissances, and how quick do you expect to roll those two out?
    1) Yes, the leadership will be involved as much as possible.
    2) As quickly as possible! Leadership can continue brainstorming and putting down thoughts/ideas for things now, there's no need to wait until eleusis is finished before even starting to ponder!
  • MorthifMorthif Member Posts: 1,619 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tecton said:

    Morthif said:
    Will we see a credit sale like December again soon? Protip I'm bad at saving money and don't care for the chocolates 
    No straight credit sale for a little while, no.
    Betting tickets! 5000cr worth of betting tickets is fun
  • AalmAalm Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited February 2015
    Tecton said:
    Kenway said:
    Underwater area for sunken Shallam?
    Maybe!
    @Tecton : would be really interesting if sunken Shallam got taken over by an underwater race like Grooks or Tritons and became a full-fledged City of its own -- just underwater. (Neraeos might take an active interest in that one...) And players would have to breathe underwater somehow to be citizens. Fishscale tunics or make a "breathe underwater" Enchant like Waterwalking. Would be really interesting to make that work system-wise. Like putting totems in a permanently underwater environment, movement, combat, etc. Shark invasions anybody? Dolphins swimming around... feeeshies.... and then you have the whole "this used to be Shallam" aspect on the part of those who used to live in there. Which might be good or bad for the health of those living in it now, depending on the attitude and outcome.
    Celusia
  • JosoulJosoul Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Thank you, and while you are in a good mood, here some more!

    1: is it too much to ask how much the balance on bloodleech entity at 19 INT is, so the cap in speed?
    2: what is more likely to be revealed first, Therophage, Kashar, SE Meropis, Seleucar or a new island?
    3: Delosian games and riddles, thoughts?
    4: ever entertained the thought of letting occies venom lock even temporarily? It was nice before weaponry nerf.
    5: when can we have boons back? pretty please?? 
    6: <rant-ish> why does explorers ranks have to draw the short straw? First the idea to give an actual item/memento (a wearable compass or pin would be more that great) or bonus to top ranks that can be shown/visible for others to ICly recognize the achievement since checking ranks is considered borderline ooc by some, has been turned down multiple times. Next, the 'explorers tome' was introduced with a functionality all other rankings (xp, artisanal, combat, fishing, greathunt, mark, riddle, xpevent) have for free in a higher accuracy down to the point instead of the rounded to an integer percent the tome gives (and has been useful mostly to point out bugs and finding great hunt caves locations so far). On top of that, this functionality costs 500cr while at the same time it was released it was released in aetolia too for 150cr (not to mention another IRE has it for free as a survival ability). I get it that achaea playerbase has and spends more, but why does the equivalent of 'show xp' need to be worth 168$? Will you consider lowering its price given what it does please? </rant-ish>

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Josoul said:
    Thank you, and while you are in a good mood, here some more!

    1: is it too much to ask how much the balance on bloodleech entity at 19 INT is, so the cap in speed?
    2: what is more likely to be revealed first, Therophage, Kashar, SE Meropis, Seleucar or a new island?
    3: Delosian games and riddles, thoughts?
    4: ever entertained the thought of letting occies venom lock even temporarily? It was nice before weaponry nerf.
    5: when can we have boons back? pretty please?? 
    6: <rant-ish> why does explorers ranks have to draw the short straw? First the idea to give an actual item/memento (a wearable compass or pin would be more that great) or bonus to top ranks that can be shown/visible for others to ICly recognize the achievement since checking ranks is considered borderline ooc by some, has been turned down multiple times. Next, the 'explorers tome' was introduced with a functionality all other rankings (xp, artisanal, combat, fishing, greathunt, mark, riddle, xpevent) have for free in a higher accuracy down to the point instead of the rounded to an integer percent the tome gives (and has been useful mostly to point out bugs and finding great hunt caves locations so far). On top of that, this functionality costs 500cr while at the same time it was released it was released in aetolia too for 150cr (not to mention another IRE has it for free as a survival ability). I get it that achaea playerbase has and spends more, but why does the equivalent of 'show xp' need to be worth 168$? Will you consider lowering its price given what it does please? </rant-ish>

    1) Feel free to find this out in-game!
    2) Realistically, probably a new island would be the first thing on that list.
    3) When we have time, yep. Coming up with a unique and compelling riddle takes hours of work!
    4) Don't think it's really needed with the tools at their disposal.
    5) They're given out on rare occasions.
    6) I could see the top-ranked explorer being added as an honours line item, much like the #1 xp rank etc. As for the tome, there's no discussion between the games on pricing of artefacts. They're based upon what we deem them to be worth.

  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!Member Posts: 3,107 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited February 2015
    Are custom dragon ceremonies still a thing?
    What's the average wait time for them?
    Can somebody that's already done the normal dragon ceremony be rolled back to non-dragon and submit a custom dragon ceremony? (I FORGOT THEY EXISTED  :s(can it be added back to the HELP DRAGON scroll, if it exists still?))
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Tharvis said:
    Are custom dragon ceremonies still a thing?
    What's the average wait time for them?
    Can somebody that's already done the normal dragon ceremony be rolled back to non-dragon and submit a custom dragon ceremony? (I FORGOT THEY EXISTED  :s(can it be added back to the HELP DRAGON scroll, if it exists still?))
    All dragon ceremonies are done via the crater in the Mhojave these days.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Silas said:
    Have you ever given any thought to boosting Achaea's non-PK conflict instigators? Theft and espionage are very big draws in fantasy, and play a key role in most fantasy series, but they're both very underwhelming in Achaea at the moment.

    PK gets a lot of attention (understandably so), but other than the huge theft nerf, there's been nothing to incentivise or improve either area. Non-PK activities are fine otherwise, since RP is something you just do, but there really needs to be some mechanical backing to theft and espionage and outside of a couple of serpent abilities (that are nullified by simple things like parties and messages) there's just nothing there at the moment in Achaea.
    In an ideal world, sure, I'd love to see espionage be a real tangible aspect in Achaea. In reality though, there's no good way to enforce things like discussion and plans being made in-game and in a situation where espionage could be used to glean information from your foes. If people are worried about being overheard, they'll just discuss it on IM, or do all their planning via a google doc, and sadly, there's no way of really enforcing that. 

    Theft is another one that's great in theory. It has the potential to be a really awesome tool for advancing conflict, but as we all know, and the reason that it was changed, was that in the -vast- majority of cases it was a platform for griefing/extortion (just steal stuff to see if they'll buy it back for some credits). We definitely have some provisions for theft-based RP that we try to use, such as having the ability to mark an item as a quest/important item, so if it's pickpocketed from a player/denizen, it takes precedence over the regular items that you would normally grab.

    Summing up, yeah, they're great in theory, but we haven't found a good way to make them work well in reality!
    Silas
  • KinilanKinilan Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 1,255 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    When are you going to build my harbour in Mhaldor?
    Achimrst
This discussion has been closed.