Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

TAB COMPLETES WORDS IN MUDLET

RangorRangor Member Posts: 3,263 @@ - Legendary Achaean
Hey, did you know you can write a few letters in a word then use tab to complete it? I didn't!

But it sometimes makes me target funny things, could anyone help me change it so it only uses words from my ndb database or enemy list?
BluefMehitabel

Comments

• SeifurSeifur ✭✭✭ - Distinguished Member Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Tab completion only pulls non-echo text from the main console in descending order.
    retired
    Austere
  • MishgulMishgul ROTHERHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMember Posts: 5,372 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    ye

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • RangorRangor Member Posts: 3,263 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ah. So i gotta stay away from The mermaids to target merador.
    YaeMorthifOceana
  • ErnamErnam ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

Still doesn't work for people using OSX =(.  Fortunately I never used this before I switched, so I don't notice it.

For targeting purposes, you don't actually need to type in an entire name (unless you're using serverside targeting), and spell-check still works just fine, so it's not that big of a deal.

"Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."

Manda  |  Godzilla  |  SLC
      1. RangorRangor Member Posts: 3,263 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Ernam said:

Still doesn't work for people using OSX =(.  Fortunately I never used this before I switched, so I don't notice it.

For targeting purposes, you don't actually need to type in an entire name (unless you're using serverside targeting), and spell-check still works just fine, so it's not that big of a deal.
         Aff tracker don't like it when I don't use full names.
        Morthif
      2. ErnamErnam ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
        Rangor said:
        Ernam said:

Aff tracker don't like it when I don't use full names.
        Mine doesn't mind! ;)

"Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."

1. NemutaurNemutaur GermanyMember Posts: 1,068
            How about helping him out instead?

function isTarget(p)
              return string.starts(p, string.title(target))
            end
            AeliosPraxides
          2. SenaSena Member Posts: 3,957 @@ - Legendary Achaean
            edited January 2015
            Seifur said:
            Tab completion only pulls non-echo text from the main console in descending order.
            Is there no way to manipulate it? In zMUD/CMUD there's a command to add/remove words to the list for tab completion. I could also implement my own custom tab completion by just setting tab as a macro that does whatever I want to the text in the command line. Setting it to try and match names from a database would take about 30 seconds.
          3. SeifurSeifur ✭✭✭ - Distinguished Member Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
            edited January 2015
            There's no options to modify it in the 'Settings' window and it appears to be hardcoded, but I'm not familiar enough with cpp to be sure.

https://github.com/Mudlet/Mudlet/blob/development/src/TCommandLine.cpp#L142
            https://github.com/Mudlet/Mudlet/blob/development/src/TCommandLine.cpp#L559

retired
          4. ErnamErnam ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
            edited January 2015
            Nemutaur said:
            How about helping him out instead?

To answer your question literally:  Because the answer is a single, simple function call (as you demonstrated).

However, here's what Gz uses:

gz.startsWith = function (String,Start)  return string.sub(String,1,string.len(Start))==Start end

gz.isTarget = function (name)
            if gz.startsWith(string.lower(name),string.lower(target)) or
            gz.startsWith(string.lower(target),string.lower(name))
            then
            return true
            else
            return false
            end
            end

1. VadimusesVadimuses Member Posts: 1,119 @ - Epic Achaean
                Ernam said:

Just had a look and it does work on OSX. Haven't heard anyone mention that it doesn't either.
              2. KenwayKenway San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,130 @@ - Legendary Achaean
                Of course it does! How else would I target people like Szanthax or Caoimhaen?

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
                "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
              3. NemutaurNemutaur GermanyMember Posts: 1,068
                The problem I have on OS X is that once you open the script/trigger editor and you try to use TAB completion it will complete the word but select the script/editor window (if its in the background or has already been closed). So you lose focus from mudlet and the input field and have to command tab back or click back.

So all in all its quicker to just type out a name or use short targeting.
                Kerria
              4. VadimusesVadimuses Member Posts: 1,119 @ - Epic Achaean
                Tested on 10.10 and 10.8 and this didn't happen :\
              5. ErnamErnam ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

I have 10.10 and hitting tab moves the focus to somewhere other than the input box.  Not sure where, but it isn't anywhere helpful.

1. RangorRangor Member Posts: 3,263 @@ - Legendary Achaean
                    Will have to play with this. Thanks!
                  2. NemutaurNemutaur GermanyMember Posts: 1,068
                    Vadimuses said:
                    Tested on 10.10 and 10.8 and this didn't happen :\
                    What version of Qt do you have? I think its a Qt thing.
                  3. VadimusesVadimuses Member Posts: 1,119 @ - Epic Achaean
                    The same one you're running. Qt comes with Mudlet, not to be confused with QuickTime.

Here's a screencast - http://ge.tt/2QNhvH92/v/0
                  4. VadimusesVadimuses Member Posts: 1,119 @ - Epic Achaean

Ernam said:

I have 10.10 and hitting tab moves the focus to somewhere other than the input box.  Not sure where, but it isn't anywhere helpful.
                    Doesn't do that either for me, see above
                  5. NemutaurNemutaur GermanyMember Posts: 1,068
                    Ok here's an example of it not working, just recorded this
                    http://ge.tt/2uKY2I92/v/0

Now weird thing is I restarted mudlet, wanted to record it working and then enter the script editor to show it not working. But it continued working. I'm trying to figure out what I did to make it break and cause the lose focus bug. Oh and Merador has the same problem, another OS X user.
                  6. VadimusesVadimuses Member Posts: 1,119 @ - Epic Achaean
                    Okay, if you can suss it out that'd be great. Report the issue on https://bugs.launchpad.net/mudlet/+filebug after.
                  7. VadimusesVadimuses Member Posts: 1,119 @ - Epic Achaean
                    Test with the 3.0.0-delta as well please. Don't quite recall which version of Qt is 2.1 built with on OSX, but it seems 4.7 had some issues.
                  8. NemutaurNemutaur GermanyMember Posts: 1,068
                    I really can't narrow it down. It's not moving scripts around like I suspected, or making new ones or anything. The only consistent thing is it happens after ~20 mins of play for me.

I'd check with delta if I could stand playing on that client for more than 5 minutes due to the resizing bug. Because as soon as the input wraps around to 2 lines it resizes the whole client to about the same size as the profile selector window again. If you have a fix for that that I could do personally I'll check it out.
                  9. VadimusesVadimuses Member Posts: 1,119 @ - Epic Achaean
                    That one is unfortunately a Qt issue, see here.
                  Sign In to Comment.