TAB COMPLETES WORDS IN MUDLET

Hey, did you know you can write a few letters in a word then use tab to complete it? I didn't!

But it sometimes makes me target funny things, could anyone help me change it so it only uses words from my ndb database or enemy list?

Comments

• Tab completion only pulls non-echo text from the main console in descending order.
    retired
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    ye

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Ah. So i gotta stay away from The mermaids to target merador.

• Still doesn't work for people using OSX =(.  Fortunately I never used this before I switched, so I don't notice it.

For targeting purposes, you don't actually need to type in an entire name (unless you're using serverside targeting), and spell-check still works just fine, so it's not that big of a deal.
  • Ernam said:

Still doesn't work for people using OSX =(.  Fortunately I never used this before I switched, so I don't notice it.

For targeting purposes, you don't actually need to type in an entire name (unless you're using serverside targeting), and spell-check still works just fine, so it's not that big of a deal.
     Aff tracker don't like it when I don't use full names.
  • Rangor said:
    Ernam said:

Still doesn't work for people using OSX =(.  Fortunately I never used this before I switched, so I don't notice it.

Aff tracker don't like it when I don't use full names.
    Mine doesn't mind! ;)
  • How about helping him out instead?

function isTarget(p)
      return string.starts(p, string.title(target))
    end
  • edited January 2015
    Seifur said:
    Tab completion only pulls non-echo text from the main console in descending order.
    Is there no way to manipulate it? In zMUD/CMUD there's a command to add/remove words to the list for tab completion. I could also implement my own custom tab completion by just setting tab as a macro that does whatever I want to the text in the command line. Setting it to try and match names from a database would take about 30 seconds.
  • edited January 2015
    There's no options to modify it in the 'Settings' window and it appears to be hardcoded, but I'm not familiar enough with cpp to be sure.

https://github.com/Mudlet/Mudlet/blob/development/src/TCommandLine.cpp#L142
    https://github.com/Mudlet/Mudlet/blob/development/src/TCommandLine.cpp#L559

retired
  • edited January 2015
    Nemutaur said:
    How about helping him out instead?

To answer your question literally:  Because the answer is a single, simple function call (as you demonstrated).

However, here's what Gz uses:

gz.startsWith = function (String,Start)  return string.sub(String,1,string.len(Start))==Start end

gz.isTarget = function (name)
    if gz.startsWith(string.lower(name),string.lower(target)) or
    gz.startsWith(string.lower(target),string.lower(name))
    then
    return true
    else
    return false
    end
    end
  • Ernam said:

Just had a look and it does work on OSX. Haven't heard anyone mention that it doesn't either.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Of course it does! How else would I target people like Szanthax or Caoimhaen?

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • The problem I have on OS X is that once you open the script/trigger editor and you try to use TAB completion it will complete the word but select the script/editor window (if its in the background or has already been closed). So you lose focus from mudlet and the input field and have to command tab back or click back.

So all in all its quicker to just type out a name or use short targeting.
  • Tested on 10.10 and 10.8 and this didn't happen :\

• I have 10.10 and hitting tab moves the focus to somewhere other than the input box.  Not sure where, but it isn't anywhere helpful.
  • Will have to play with this. Thanks!
  • Vadimuses said:
    Tested on 10.10 and 10.8 and this didn't happen :\
    What version of Qt do you have? I think its a Qt thing.
  • The same one you're running. Qt comes with Mudlet, not to be confused with QuickTime.

Here's a screencast - http://ge.tt/2QNhvH92/v/0

• Ernam said:

I have 10.10 and hitting tab moves the focus to somewhere other than the input box.  Not sure where, but it isn't anywhere helpful.
    Doesn't do that either for me, see above
  • Ok here's an example of it not working, just recorded this
    http://ge.tt/2uKY2I92/v/0

Now weird thing is I restarted mudlet, wanted to record it working and then enter the script editor to show it not working. But it continued working. I'm trying to figure out what I did to make it break and cause the lose focus bug. Oh and Merador has the same problem, another OS X user.
  • Okay, if you can suss it out that'd be great. Report the issue on https://bugs.launchpad.net/mudlet/+filebug after.
  • Test with the 3.0.0-delta as well please. Don't quite recall which version of Qt is 2.1 built with on OSX, but it seems 4.7 had some issues.
  • I really can't narrow it down. It's not moving scripts around like I suspected, or making new ones or anything. The only consistent thing is it happens after ~20 mins of play for me.

I'd check with delta if I could stand playing on that client for more than 5 minutes due to the resizing bug. Because as soon as the input wraps around to 2 lines it resizes the whole client to about the same size as the profile selector window again. If you have a fix for that that I could do personally I'll check it out.
  • That one is unfortunately a Qt issue, see here.