Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Quick Coding Questions

1171819202123»

Comments

• IssamIssam Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 192 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I use 'if string.match(gmcp.Char.Vitals.charstats[3], "Spec: Dual Cutting")' etc. to check mine. There may be a better way but this has worked fine for me.

Jakiro
  • IocunIocun Member Posts: 3,664 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 31
    The only downside with that is, that depending on several factors (such as new information IRE might add to the charstats), it won't always bee the third table entry. So I'd rather use something like table.contains(gmcp.Char.Vitals.charstats, "Spec: Dual Cutting")

(This is assuming the according table entry is precisely "Spec: Dual Cutting". If it can vary a bit, you'd have to do a loop through the whole table and check each entry with string.gmatch)
    Jakiro
  • JakiroJakiro Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Thanks for all the help! You guys are the best :) 
  • AliandorAliandor Member Posts: 9
    So I made a trigger for Keorin's limb counter on assess for Monk to set the breakpoint.

For non-artied Monks (assuming my formula is correct) it should be very accurate.

I'm using math.ceil to round up to the nearest hit.

Is there a way to change it to round up to the nearest .15/.25/.35 to account for knuckles? 

I'm still testing to make sure the formula is actually right, but so far it has been!  I'm just trying to account for those edge cases with knuckles now.
  • SyrenniaSyrennia Member Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited April 15
    Iocun said:
    The only downside with that is, that depending on several factors (such as new information IRE might add to the charstats), it won't always bee the third table entry. So I'd rather use something like table.contains(gmcp.Char.Vitals.charstats, "Spec: Dual Cutting")

(This is assuming the according table entry is precisely "Spec: Dual Cutting". If it can vary a bit, you'd have to do a loop through the whole table and check each entry with string.gmatch)
    Even easier would be just parsing the charstats table whenever your system parses the rest of Char.Vitals, a lot of things get stored in it. Rage, kai, channels, spec, etc.

Then you can just check against something like sys.info.spec or however you choose to store it.
  • KaiosKaios Member Posts: 10
    edited April 22
    Aliandor said:
    So I made a trigger for Keorin's limb counter on assess for Monk to set the breakpoint.

For non-artied Monks (assuming my formula is correct) it should be very accurate.

I'm using math.ceil to round up to the nearest hit.

Is there a way to change it to round up to the nearest .15/.25/.35 to account for knuckles? 

I'm still testing to make sure the formula is actually right, but so far it has been!  I'm just trying to account for those edge cases with knuckles now.
    Even with accurate tracking, the problem I've run in to with Keorin's tracker that I can't discern the reason for is that during prolonged fights it will eventually mess up to a point that the tracking becomes more of a hindrance than a help if you keep trying to follow it. An example of this would be, I break a limb in eight hits, the first break goes well and Keorin's tracker indicates that it has broken upon the 8th hit... But I mess up my kill path so I have to try again. Now, I still break the limb in the same number of hits except Keorin's tracker might tell me that I have hit it only 7 times even though they are applying salve so I know it has broken OR indicates that the limb has broken even though I know it has not. I can't explain why this happens because I don't understand scripting well enough but it really makes that limb tracker extremely difficult to properly utilize and learn with.

Also I have an unrelated question myself that I'd appreciate any assistance someone might be able to offer. I've been having issues capturing Mind Sapience in Nexus and I'm not sure why I've been unable to.

Mind Sapience could appear as something like this for a party tell: --> Kaios: pt blah blah

And I have tried to capture it various ways including like this: ^\-\-\> (\w+)\: pt (.+)$

...Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get any of them to capture the variables at all so far.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lolMember Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Sounds like you're counting hits to a limb during the apply window.
Sign In to Comment.