New Dragon Bashing Grounds

Thoughts, concerns, feelings, goals?

I personally think it's pretty awesome, save for some minor things that are impossible to stop (Wind gusting you while prone/massed/off balance). Combine that with small nooks and crannies of a wendigo, windviper and wraith and you're gonna have a bad time regardless.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• lrn to group, I also think this is awesome I can finally hunt without dragons walking in and killing everything I'm hitting in one hit.
  • I raid in a group pretty much daily. I know how to group, thank you.

Me and @Jhui cleared the place including the Rusalka at the bottom of the pit. When I say me and Jhui, I mean I died a bunch to being blown into a room after hitting 2 wraiths, and the room I was blown into had a wendigo and something else in it. Everything chases you, so I had 4 things at once on me while Jhui ran around clearing up my mess in my panic of attempting to run.

Also - Don't reincarnate there if you died. They track like guards :(.
  • Kross said:
    I raid in a group pretty much daily. I know how to group, thank you.

Me and @Jhui cleared the place including the Rusalka at the bottom of the pit. When I say me and Jhui, I mean I died a bunch to being blown into a room after hitting 2 wraiths, and the room I was blown into had a wendigo and something else in it. Everything chases you, so I had 4 things at once on me while Jhui ran around clearing up my mess in my panic of attempting to run.

BECOME HARDCORE!
  • Kross said:
    I raid in a group pretty much daily. I know how to group, thank you.

Me and @Jhui cleared the place including the Rusalka at the bottom of the pit. When I say me and Jhui, I mean I ran around, then the mobs saw @Jhui and spontaneously died when they ran into him.

Fixed slight error. One does not simply survive the Jhui.

• Doesn't seem necessary.  When I decide I feel like bashing, I almost never find any competition over bashing grounds, and I ignore most of the massive bashing areas that already exist (meropis, islands, istarion, moghedu, tenwat).

I'm all for more bashing areas, but for a lot of other reasons than necessity.

• Ernam said:

Doesn't seem necessary.  When I decide I feel like bashing, I almost never find any competition over bashing grounds, and I ignore most of the massive bashing areas that already exist (meropis, islands, istarion, moghedu, tenwat).

I'm all for more bashing areas, but for a lot of other reasons than necessity.

Fair enough, and you're free to not hunt the new area. Achaea is supported by individuals who buy credits, which in turn allow them to employ people to create new game features. This is a new game feature and it's fun to explore and figure things out (Like how to beat the boss guy at the bottom of the fissure).

Plus, the gold and experience is equivalent to conclave era bashing. 500-1200 gold per kill, plenty of things to kill, decent dragon xp.

• Don't get me wrong, I'm totally for new areas.  Added content, more areas to explore, more quests to solve, more interesting combat terrain, and so on - all good things.  Make it open pk, so it's not another Meropis (ie more areas for people to autobash while AFK for 20 hours straight), and you're going to add more opportunity for legal pvp and shrine warfare (also good things!)

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited December 2014
    I love the idea of the dragon bashing ground. To me, this is one more level than that though: It's a dragon faction bashing ground. If you have a lot of dragons in your city you can bash with, you'll probably get to enjoy this spot. If you don't, maybe not as much. 

When I was up there with three other dragons we still struggled to take out the creatures there. I like my bashing to be challenging, but not that challenging. The winds were cool but pretty annoying when they fling you into/out of stacks of windvipers and whatnot. I'm sure everyone will eventually get the hang of the place (although I don't get invited to many hunting parties so who knows if I'll ever see the space again). 
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited December 2014
    Seems as if there is already substantial risk involved to match the reward of hunting the area without needing to add something like open PK, as Kross mentioned.

Edit: I'd kinda like to some areas that are restricted to higher levels but still more or less require people to group up, such as experienced with the Conclave event.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Kresslack said:
    Seems as if there is already substantial risk involved to match the reward of hunting the area without needing to add something like open PK, as Kross mentioned.

Edit: I'd kinda like to some areas that are restricted to higher levels but still more or less require people to group up, such as experienced with the Conclave event.
    could argue that the new fissure falls under that category
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Lets do it, @Tharvis. Just me and you. We got this.
    edited December 2014
    Tharvis said:
    Kresslack said:

That depends on the mobs and environment. Originally that's exactly how the Conclave areas were handled, until it quickly became apparent that if you weren't a dragon, you were going to have a really bad time. Hence them creating the outposts with some moderately lesser tiered mobs of similar type.

Edit: IIRC, anyone above a certain level could not enter those areas, but anyone could enter the higher level areas at their own risk.

• Kresslack said:
    Tharvis said:
    Kresslack said:

That depends on the mobs and environment. Originally that's exactly how the Conclave areas were handled, until it quickly became apparent that if you weren't a dragon, you were going to have a really bad time. Hence them creating the outposts with some moderately lesser tiered mobs of similar type.

Edit: IIRC, anyone above a certain level could not enter those areas, but anyone could enter the higher level areas at their own risk.
    I would probably actually be better off bashing the new place in lesser than in Dragon. I'm just as tanky, I have transmute, and I hit faster so I can bail a lot faster than in Dragonform.

That aside, this place is practically exactly like the Conclave places, except with the introduction of things like slick ground and wind that blows you around while on the ground. And chasing, teaming, asshole mobs that even track to you if you move 8 rooms away and reincarnate :(.
    You're going to be the focus of my next Bad Luck Brian meme. I can see it now.

• Yeah, there's plenty of open PK hunting areas already for people who like to live dangerously(tm). 

And from what it sounds like, the place is pretty damned dangerous without JhuiCorp hotdropping six deep on your neck.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Kresslack said:
    Tharvis said:
    Kresslack said:

I guess I am confused now. Is this fissure dragon only?
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    No, but you are likely to have a Bad Time(tm) if you are not dragon and go there

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Shirszae said:
    No, but you are likely to have a Bad Time(tm) if you are not dragon and go there
    also a Bad Time™ even if you are a dragon and go there alone!
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited December 2014

Everything you're describing already exists on several islands, as well as Tenwant, Delos, some of Quisalis, and everything.

In dragonform, LHG is just the right amount of challenge, while still being really high experience, gold, and essence - yet, almost nobody bashes it.  In my experience, what 98% of dragons want to bash are midbie areas, because they don't have to think, etc.

• MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    Figured it was a dragon bashing ground. Went there anyway to get some exploring done. I was planning on singing melody through the whole place, but ended up dying after about exploring half of it :( Guess I'll just wait until someone clears it out...

• edited December 2014
    @Kross If you interpret what I said as "There are already several bashing grounds that are relatively complex, challenging, and sufficiently limiting such that only dragons or very heavily artied players can bash them", which what I very obviously meant, then I think you'd see that it's quite true.

I'm assuming you understand this, because I know you're a smart dude, which means I have to assume you're intentionally being obtuse.  Like I said, I agree with you that more bashing areas would be nice.  Not sure why you're creating arguments out of thin air when I'm behind you on this one.

• Klendathu beat me to my own point. WHY KLENDATHU.

But seriously, he quoted the line from you that I was going to quote.

Ernam said:

Everything you're describing already exists on several islands, as well as Tenwant, Delos, some of Quisalis, and everything.

Everything I described is -not- on several islands, in Tenwat, Delos, Quisalis or anywhere else for that matter. I would compare this entire new area to a dulled down version of the Grand Master of Quisalis (In that they don't hit as hard and don't have 13 different attack modes, but running from them can be futile). That's all.

But yes, by all means try the area before dismissing everyone's viewpoint on it, as well as the area itself.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Kross said:
    Klendathu beat me to my own point. WHY KLENDATHU.
    I gots yo back. -fistbump-

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Kross said:
    Klendathu beat me to my own point. WHY KLENDATHU.
    I gots yo back. -fistbump-

Couldn't resist.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• LHG is terrible gold, and not great essence - especially with the short respawns. It just gives phenomenal xp, and is a slightly more engaging area because of the added difficulty.

• It has always been my observation that if the xp hasn't accumulated due to not being bashed, LHG is pretty terrible xp for the work required. I remember measuring it during weekranks once and it was barely better than old moghedu
  • It's more so because LHG is rarely bashed, so the denizens accumulate more exp.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]