Auction Items

KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
So every once in a while auctions open up and usually have some pretty great stuff. With future potential auctions in mind, what kind of things would you aggressively bid on if they were made available?

Comments

• A vial of many things -

This vial always contains exactly one use of any salve, balm, elixir, tonic or venom. When used, it does not get used up, nor can you pour it into other vials.

• Ship radar
  • Vodun doll/ puppet of many faces?  Allow Vodun/Puppetry commands to be augmented by target variable serverside,  one doll does it all?
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Kinilan said:
    Ship radar
    How would it be different from shipwarning? O.o

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited November 2014
    • Custom shouts/deathsight messages, etc.
    • Out of subdivision/city homes
    • One-time artefacts you can't buy in Delos
    • Shops in Delos
    • Carts you can sell WARES from
  • Atlatl generator.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
    Some neat concepts developed at random, so the names may be....yeah:

- Cube of containment: PUT <object> IN CUBE will allow you to magically transfer any holdable item into the cube to be displayed (with the exception of live entities). Items that reset will still do so. Items will decay at a normal (or delayed rate if stasis is applicable).

- Ship in a bottle:  While standing in a harbour, you may POINT BOTTLE AT <ship> to produce a replica of the ship inside the bottle. Only able to be used on ships that you have at least Captain level permissions on.

- Bottomless bag: This bag has near-infinite storage capacity, able to store up to one-thousand items at a time.

- Winged boots: These boots will allow you to LEAP HIGH and FLY.

- A serpentine chain sword: Able to take on two properties, this sword can be converted between any level 1 sword and any level 1 whip.

- Sands of Time: Once per day you take the sands of time in hand and BLOW SAND, creating a room Aeon effect of normal duration.

- Flying daggers: A brace of five daggers which may be thrown in Line-of-sight manner. RECALL DAGGERS will return them to you once used.

• The prettiest pony playtoy: When carrying this, weather effects in your area will occasionally yield a r a i n b o w.
    Just saying, my whole no arties thing would be off if I could have rainbow colored says or something.
  • edited November 2014
    Kresslack said:
    - Flying daggers: A brace of five daggers which may be thrown in Line-of-sight manner. RECALL DAGGERS will return them to you once used.
    If I didn't already buy and customise an artefact bow (and if I had more credits), I would definitely go for daggers that basically worked like a reskinned artefact bow. It could have some advantages; you don't have to stock/envenom/manage arrows and can simply envenom the dagger instead, it doesn't have limited ammo, possibly one-handed (though if that's too powerful I could imagine some ways of making it two-handed); but the damage and speed would be the same, and it would mostly just be for flavour. You could also keep the arrow management and limited ammo, by having a case/pouch/brace/sheath/whatever that works like a quiver, with limited daggers (replenishing periodically) that you envenom/colour/switch.

Otherwise, I like items that give unique effects or abilities, that can't be replicated by anything else in the game. They don't need to be powerful, just interesting.
  • Auction Items should be super powerful. I made a thread like this a long time ago and some people threw out some great ideas. I like class-specific powerful and unique auction items, rather than just strong class abilities wrapped up and delivered to people of any class variation (like the mindnet ones, or possible evade/fullsense items in future). 

I'd love if just once or twice IRE released two auction items for every class aimed at specific class skills. Something like a Daegger for Apostates that breaks shields on Hunt, or a staff that can be used to Behead and when used with staffstrike can deliver two elements at once, or a blademaster sword that can be infused twice, etc. 
  • edited November 2014
    I disagree because of the current state of artifacts. People can already purchase amazingly powerful items that exponentially enhance their PvP and PvE capabilities, yet people still fight and overcome them while vastly outnumbered in escrow by these artefacted people. 

Remember that, in that example, they'd also be using up twice as much shin with each slash. Yet unlike the massively influential statistic altering artefacts and class artefacts such as the level 3 band and Thoth's Fang, these items would be applied to a single individual.

It's important to note that the things I have in mind aren't imbalancing, just extraordinarily powerful - and most importantly, unique. It would be so cool to have 'The Daegger of Xerimor' or 'An ancient Kashari blade', or whatever else.

Cool in my mind, at least :'( and I don't have anywhere near enough money to even have a stake in such items
  • We obviously haven't learned from the EQ gem.

• Nobody asked for that abomination back D:
  • Bluef said:
    • Shops in Delos
    I have like 6 of these I think. You can buy them.
  • CHENUBIS WINGS
  • Or a neat arte like that whirlwind vacuum, but once per month (or year maybe?) allows an unblockable beckon from all adjacent rooms.
  • Or the level 2 veil. 

Arador said:
    Or the level 2 veil. 
    You're now banished! Get out!

• Cooper said:
    We obviously haven't learned from the EQ gem.
    @Kresslack‌ Hakuna your Matatas. My post was in continuation of the above quoted, not a request for one. 

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I totally need a second pair of Cherub wings. Wonder if I can scrounge enough escrow for another 15k bid.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited November 2014
    Kross said:
    Bluef said:
    • Shops in Delos
    Aren't they linked to a stupid talisman promotion (As in, you need to find the talismans to put one together)? If so, that's not really buying them; that's buying tons of credits or globes just to obtain lots of random talismans that I don't want in order to get the few I do.

Edit: In case you can't tell, I really hate talisman promotions. 
  • I'm pretty sure the carts came randomly in globes (all at once, not in talisman pieces).
  • They come in boxes of parts. 
  • Kross said:
    They come in boxes of parts. 
    That you get out of globes, yeah. I have like six of the fuckers.

• Kross said:
    Bluef said:
    • Shops in Delos
    Uh on these, ive seen them around but in the 10 seconds I dedicated towards trying to figuring out how to see what its selling, I failed.

So.. how do you see what these things are selling?