Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

City vs City combat

2

Comments

  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western FrontPosts: 1,734Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Amarillys said:
    It's been mentioned a few times in past posts, they get their jollies from playing with each other.
    If only they were so self-contained! Remember how much fun we all had in the CTF? They expect other organizations to jump at the opportunity to roleplay opposite the side that's been steamrolling since the Clinton administration.  
  • JhuiJhui Posts: 1,958Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    If you're going to over-exaggerate as part of your forum propaganda campaign, you should probably ease off the gas pedal a little and mix it in slowly.  People might catch on.
    image
  • FlorentinoFlorentino Posts: 516Member

    Jhui:
    We just don't throw bitchfits and resort straight to OOC mechanisms (forums/clans) to make the other side feel bad.

    Dunn to Herenicus:
    Okay, buddy. I guess when you can only excel here then you have to take it a bit more seriously.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Golly gee, guys, can't you just see Ashtan are a coupla regular guys just trying to make the game environment more fun for everybody? :neutral_face: 

    AntidasCylaUlrikeHerenicus
  • DunnDunn The great Buffalo tundraPosts: 6,053Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    And you've -always- contributed such positive insight.


    Ulrike
  • SenaSena Posts: 3,940Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ashtan hasn't always been able to steamroll everyone. For the last 3-4 years, definitely (though that doesn't mean they never lose, they frequently do), but before that things were a lot less static. There were times when Shallam was better than Ashtan, and there were a lot of times where Mhaldor was better than Ashtan (though they also tended to be on the same "side" a lot). Ashtan has pretty much always had a large population and plenty of people who enjoy combat, so they've always done pretty well, but they definitely weren't always the strongest.

    I'm not sure exactly what changed in the last few years that made things stagnate to the point that Ashtan is always on top. Shallam's deterioration is obvious enough and Cyrene is traditionally a noncombatant city, but I'm not entirely sure of the reasons for Mhaldor or Targossas, and even Hashan had times in the past where it could hold its own against any city (though I don't think they could ever have been considered the strongest).
  • TarazaTaraza Posts: 206Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    All wars and cities are going to have their inbalances and griefing moments. I'm sorry but it's true. No city is exempt from this. This is strictly due to timezone differences and such. 

    The biggest difference that I have noticed with Ashtan is that yes, they raid a lot but there is limited Roleplay to their raids. In all honestly @Jhui is pretty cool about it. I have sent him messages before like "hey we're about to do something major, mind bugging off for a bit?" and he will. 

    I do have to admit though, the 12 hour defenses are not fun. The whole purpose of Achaea is to have fun. So yeah, let's remember to keep things fun not just for yourself but the other players of the game. 
    image



    Ulrike
  • JhuiJhui Posts: 1,958Member @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Jhui:
    We just don't throw bitchfits and resort straight to OOC mechanisms (forums/clans) to make the other side feel bad.

    Dunn to Herenicus:
    Okay, buddy. I guess when you can only excel here then you have to take it a bit more seriously.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Golly gee, guys, can't you just see Ashtan are a coupla regular guys just trying to make the game environment more fun for everybody? :neutral_face: 

    lol'd at the effort to take those two statements completely out of context
    image
  • AmarillysAmarillys Posts: 797Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Jhui said:

    Jhui:
    We just don't throw bitchfits and resort straight to OOC mechanisms (forums/clans) to make the other side feel bad.

    Dunn to Herenicus:
    Okay, buddy. I guess when you can only excel here then you have to take it a bit more seriously.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Golly gee, guys, can't you just see Ashtan are a coupla regular guys just trying to make the game environment more fun for everybody? :neutral_face: 

    lol'd at the effort to take those two statements completely out of context
    Eh, they were jerk statements. Sorry, but they are. Doesn't mean he hasn't had his own jerk statements in this discussion. Everyone's being a tool and this thread's going to get nuked. Maybe we could try talking about legitimate ways to make CvC better for everyone?



  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesPosts: 5,873Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited November 2014
    I joined Ashtan before it became the 'cool' thing to do, and it was definitely in a time where there wasn't much of a craze for combat. City got raided by Mhaldor and Shallam pretty regularly, with Eleusis jumping in to try to take a poke, and there were a lot of times nothing could really be done about it. Ashtan rolled with the punches, and about a year or two later after getting tired of getting their proverbial asses handed to them on a regular basis, they started focusing on turning it around. When that happened, other fighters from other cities more or less flocked there because that's strictly what they enjoyed about the game: Combat.

    There are people who don't give a shit about RP and will just hop to whatever city has the most active combat scene -cough-Earionduil-cough-, but they're just playing the game in pursuit of what they enjoy, so while it sometimes doesn't make sense IC'ly, it does OOC'ly.

    My point is, Ashtan hasn't been on top of the mountain for nearly as long as people are claiming they have been. It's simply their time. How long it will last, who can say? I -can- say, however, that Mhaldor has been faring pretty decently lately and that the skirmishes have been pretty fun and balanced. No one's being a dick, and we all seem to be having fun. So I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. Take a Midol and play the game.

    Edit: This is actually one of the same problems the Pirates of Meropis have faced for literal years now. There are no challengers anymore; no one really seems interested in taking the fight to the current top dog. The only challenge the PoM could find in the most recent years were the Kashari. Outside of that it's just been them trying to create conflict to get something going, see if anyone will push back. Seems to me as if that's all Ashtan is really doing as well; trying to encourage a fight scene because that's what a lot of people there are interested in. I don't see anything wrong with that.


    Dalran
  • JhuiJhui Posts: 1,958Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Taraza said:


    The biggest difference that I have noticed with Ashtan is that yes, they raid a lot but there is limited Roleplay to their raids.

    Elaborate, please.  What does Mhaldor do differently when they 20 man tank Targossas?  Perhaps they have more time to think up elaborate yells because they are bored waiting for a small Targossian group to rush their 20 man group?


    People are literally reading stuff on forums about poor RP and immediately associating it with Ashtan because it's a great excuse to fall back on.  Very rarely is there this so called "RP" when people raid a city, unless it's internally? or perhaps this is a very recent thing where everyone does a small ritual inside the city before smashing faces in?  Sartan saying "Go raid someone" counts for you guys as RP I guess.  If anything, we do more yelling and shouting and posting than most people, but then again, we do more raiding than most people.


    image
    TharvisNarcosUlrike
  • AmarillysAmarillys Posts: 797Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Kresslack said:
    Take a Midol and play the game.
    You were doing so good right up until that end there... :(



  • JhuiJhui Posts: 1,958Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Amarillys said:
    Jhui said:

    Jhui:
    We just don't throw bitchfits and resort straight to OOC mechanisms (forums/clans) to make the other side feel bad.

    Dunn to Herenicus:
    Okay, buddy. I guess when you can only excel here then you have to take it a bit more seriously.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Golly gee, guys, can't you just see Ashtan are a coupla regular guys just trying to make the game environment more fun for everybody? :neutral_face: 

    lol'd at the effort to take those two statements completely out of context
    Eh, they were jerk statements. Sorry, but they are. Doesn't mean he hasn't had his own jerk statements in this discussion. Everyone's being a tool and this thread's going to get nuked. Maybe we could try talking about legitimate ways to make CvC better for everyone?
    I never said it wasn't a jerk statement.  But it's relation to what he quoted from me is 100% out of context.


    "We just don't throw bitchfits and resort straight to OOC mechanisms (forums/clans) to make the other side feel bad."
    was in relation to when we lose.  Quoting Dunn being a dick for a reason outside of that makes it out of context.
    image
  • DunnDunn The great Buffalo tundraPosts: 6,053Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited November 2014
    I was just responding to him being a chronically condescending prick. Don't mind me.

    Herenicus, not you Florentino. Sweet flag.


    Florentino
  • AmarillysAmarillys Posts: 797Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Jhui said:
    Amarillys said:
    Jhui said:

    Jhui:
    We just don't throw bitchfits and resort straight to OOC mechanisms (forums/clans) to make the other side feel bad.

    Dunn to Herenicus:
    Okay, buddy. I guess when you can only excel here then you have to take it a bit more seriously.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Golly gee, guys, can't you just see Ashtan are a coupla regular guys just trying to make the game environment more fun for everybody? :neutral_face: 

    lol'd at the effort to take those two statements completely out of context
    Eh, they were jerk statements. Sorry, but they are. Doesn't mean he hasn't had his own jerk statements in this discussion. Everyone's being a tool and this thread's going to get nuked. Maybe we could try talking about legitimate ways to make CvC better for everyone?
    I never said it wasn't a jerk statement.  But it's relation to what he quoted from me is 100% out of context.


    "We just don't throw bitchfits and resort straight to OOC mechanisms (forums/clans) to make the other side feel bad."
    was in relation to when we lose.  Quoting Dunn being a dick for a reason outside of that makes it out of context.
    Except his context is you guys are being dicks.

    So let's stop being dicks. We all are forcing ourselves to play with each other. Let's do it with a bit more love <3

    P.S. I don't actually expect love from any of you, but we can at least do it with a modicum of non-crap-ocity.



    NakariDalranUlrike
  • FlorentinoFlorentino Posts: 516Member
    edited November 2014
    Dunn said:
    I was just responding to him being a chronically condescending prick. Don't mind me.
    Why would anyone possibly not want to play a game for relaxation and enjoyment with these people? Mind-boggling.

    I suspect many, many more people than post their resentment here actually feel this way - they just fear the IC or OOC consequences or don't want to deal with the forum/OOC clan abuse to point out the rotten way this group of people treats other players.
    DunnHerenicusJhui
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesPosts: 5,873Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Amarillys said:

    We all are forcing ourselves to play with each other. Let's do it with a bit more love <3
    Inappropriate.


    AmarillysTharvisShirszae
  • DunnDunn The great Buffalo tundraPosts: 6,053Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Remember that time you belittled people for spending their money on this game while simultaneously espousing your virtue for having a good job and not doing that?


    Pepperidge Farm remembers.


    BalkinExelethrilEthoas
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormPosts: 3,099Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Not being part of the A-Team is hampering my role play. Please fix immediately.

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    DunnJhui
  • JhuiJhui Posts: 1,958Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Amarillys said:
    Jhui said:
    Amarillys said:
    Jhui said:

    Jhui:
    We just don't throw bitchfits and resort straight to OOC mechanisms (forums/clans) to make the other side feel bad.

    Dunn to Herenicus:
    Okay, buddy. I guess when you can only excel here then you have to take it a bit more seriously.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Golly gee, guys, can't you just see Ashtan are a coupla regular guys just trying to make the game environment more fun for everybody? :neutral_face: 

    lol'd at the effort to take those two statements completely out of context
    Eh, they were jerk statements. Sorry, but they are. Doesn't mean he hasn't had his own jerk statements in this discussion. Everyone's being a tool and this thread's going to get nuked. Maybe we could try talking about legitimate ways to make CvC better for everyone?
    I never said it wasn't a jerk statement.  But it's relation to what he quoted from me is 100% out of context.


    "We just don't throw bitchfits and resort straight to OOC mechanisms (forums/clans) to make the other side feel bad."
    was in relation to when we lose.  Quoting Dunn being a dick for a reason outside of that makes it out of context.
    Except his context is you guys are being dicks.

    So let's stop being dicks. We all are forcing ourselves to play with each other. Let's do it with a bit more love <3

    P.S. I don't actually expect love from any of you, but we can at least do it with a modicum of non-crap-ocity.
    I never said we weren't dicks, you just went off on a tangent from my original post to make yours seem okay.
    image
    Ulrike
  • AmarillysAmarillys Posts: 797Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Jhui said:

    Jhui:
    We just don't throw bitchfits and resort straight to OOC mechanisms (forums/clans) to make the other side feel bad.

    Dunn to Herenicus:
    Okay, buddy. I guess when you can only excel here then you have to take it a bit more seriously.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Golly gee, guys, can't you just see Ashtan are a coupla regular guys just trying to make the game environment more fun for everybody? :neutral_face: 

    lol'd at the effort to take those two statements completely out of context
    It is not out of context because each comment represents you being tools/dicks and his point is that you guys are being tools/dicks. 



    JacenUlrike
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western FrontPosts: 1,734Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Amarillys said:
    Doesn't mean he hasn't had his own jerk statements in this discussion. 

    UlrikeGwydion
  • AmarillysAmarillys Posts: 797Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Herenicus said:
    Amarillys said:
    Doesn't mean he hasn't had his own jerk statements in this discussion. 

    Where's the 'LIES!' button? ;)



    Herenicus
  • JhuiJhui Posts: 1,958Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Amarillys said:
    Jhui said:

    Jhui:
    We just don't throw bitchfits and resort straight to OOC mechanisms (forums/clans) to make the other side feel bad.

    Dunn to Herenicus:
    Okay, buddy. I guess when you can only excel here then you have to take it a bit more seriously.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Golly gee, guys, can't you just see Ashtan are a coupla regular guys just trying to make the game environment more fun for everybody? :neutral_face: 

    lol'd at the effort to take those two statements completely out of context
    It is not out of context because each comment represents you being tools/dicks and his point is that you guys are being tools/dicks. 
    The first comment is unrelated to the second comment.  But his intention was to relate them.  Hence, out of context.
    That'll be my last post on this, because a) it's dumb and b) i have no idea why there is even anything to argue.
    image
    Amarillys
  • AmarillysAmarillys Posts: 797Member @ - Epic Achaean
    I'll stop with it, too, because it's not getting us any where. 



  • TreyTrey Posts: 4,695Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Herenicus said:
    Amarillys said:
    Doesn't mean he hasn't had his own jerk statements in this discussion. 

    You -must- be Ringo...

    AradorUlrike
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western FrontPosts: 1,734Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The deeaaadliest condescending prick since Wild Bill, they say. 
    Arador
  • TreyTrey Posts: 4,695Member @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Kresslack said:
    I joined Ashtan before it became the 'cool' thing to do.
    Kresslack wasn't a character before joining Ashtan was the cool thing to do, sorry bruh.

    Herenicus
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesPosts: 5,873Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Trey said:

    Kresslack said:
    I joined Ashtan before it became the 'cool' thing to do.
    Kresslack wasn't a character before joining Ashtan was the cool thing to do, sorry bruh.
    In relation to Ashtan being relatively combat focused, yeah, he was. Keep up.


  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western FrontPosts: 1,734Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ashtan was Ashtan back in 2004, mang. 
    ErnamUlrike
  • DunnDunn The great Buffalo tundraPosts: 6,053Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Trey you wanna hang out by the highschool and lean on a wall together? #maritalCulture


    Trey
2
This discussion has been closed.