New artefacts!

Comments

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    or could make the rune artefact simply not work to sketch that specific rune through flooded rooms.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• I was considering classleading having thurisaz have a chance (33% maybe) of "boiling" away water on contact, which if nothing else, would force people to at least move to other rooms.

Didn't do it though, because I thought it was already fine as it is.

• If I'm not mistaken, it already kind of did that.  You could not flood a room that had be thurisaz'd for a few minutes.  @Kenway or someone correct me if I'm wrong?
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    flood seems to boil away if you do it too late against a thurisaz
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Daeir said:
    I am nonplussed.

They all seem so minor, except the mithril stick and the flame. Like, "who would pay 500cr for this ever" minor.
    You are surprised and confused?

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    A golden pendulum - 400cr
    - Capable of keeping perfect time, this artefact will reduce the time between a Bard's harmonics being called, and their arrival.
    Anyone know by how much? It takes 3 seconds to call harmonics without it.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."

• @Klendathu I might ask Tecton to borrow one for some testing and potential use for Shecks, who is currently bard.  Probably going knight though, so meh.

Ernam said:

@Klendathu I might ask Tecton to borrow one for some testing and potential use for Shecks, who is currently bard.  Probably going knight though, so meh.

I already issued myself to ask :smile: 

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."

• Issuewhore.

• Gloves of Serendipity are a joke.

"500 credits... should we make it double the amount of bombs made every time?"

"What are you nuts?  We'd better give this one a chance to do nothing. Otherwise who KNOWS what might happen."

I'm curious to find out who person B was and how he won that argument. 

~52,000 bombs to see returns on this bad boy IF it were guaranteed. 
  • Bracers of the Phoenix:

I assume this covers ability consumption, since shin chronic decay who the fuck cares, not a thing. 
  • Mizik said:
    Bracers of the Phoenix:

I assume this covers ability consumption, since shin chronic decay who the fuck cares, not a thing. 

The class (like Monk) is designed around the (in)ability to chain several key shin (/kai) abilities within certain time periods, so that would effectively "break" the class, I think.  I think the description is also pretty clear that it only covers the decay rate, which is indeed relatively slow, but still significant.  (particularly for pre-shinning purposes, but also during combat).

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Iuneos said:
    Meh, the runie stick thing is kind of lame.  There is now an unstoppable counter to retardation tactics for runewarden, besides the whole stonewall/tumble/mono thing.  If magi could just get a way to remove the vibe-destroying room, it would make sense.  But since that doesn't exist, and you can't remove runes unless you have runelore.....

Indestructible cube sigils that can be dropped ANYWHERE, fuck yeah. 
    If Magi still have -one- class that has an ability that damages vibes that can't be destroyed,

Then Magi is still doing alot better than most classes.

edited October 2014
    Klendathu said:
    A golden pendulum - 400cr
    - Capable of keeping perfect time, this artefact will reduce the time between a Bard's harmonics being called, and their arrival.
    Anyone know by how much? It takes 3 seconds to call harmonics without it.
    Halves the time, meaning they arrive before equilibrium is regained (with diadem):
    You dash off the clarion call of the wanderer, summoning your harmonics to you.
    {PROMPT} 15:28:46.276
    First faintly, and then full force, the notes of your several harmonics respond to your call.
    {PROMPT} 15:28:49.413
              <><><><><><><><   EQUILIBRIUM   ><><><><><><//====o
    {PROMPT} 15:28:49.719

:smile:

• edited October 2014
    Shin bracers is a 50% reduction in natural decay.

No, Ernam, as a BM that fights as a BM every day this was not an issue.

Not spending 500 on something so niche.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited October 2014

@Klendathu I kinda think it should make Battaglia* faster too.
  • Ernam said:

The class (like Monk) is designed around the (in)ability to chain several key shin (/kai) abilities within certain time periods, so that would effectively "break" the class, I think.  I think the description is also pretty clear that it only covers the decay rate, which is indeed relatively slow, but still significant.  (particularly for pre-shinning purposes, but also during combat).

Thing is: Sanya already covers shin decay slowdown(not to mention the stance also includes a significant boost to shin gain to boot), and even if they switch to another stance and, say, infuse on every slash, they can already ensure a steady inflow of shin as long as they strike someone. 

• Rom said:
    I used over a hundred mickeys every day during the Reckoning, and likely would have used a ton of balloons if my shackle had not been bugged. You're not buying the artefact for free blackjacks...
    Again, though, why would you buy a Bottomless Bucket of Balloons when you could for less credits buy an L1 Blackjack or for slightly more an L2 Blackjack?  Or, idk, just sell the 500 credits and have enough gold for a lifetime of blackjacks/mickeys/etc?

I used the comparison of the barnacle-encrusted bait bucket, but that's not fair because 1) the bucket was significantly cheaper, 2) bait is significantly more expensive and 3) if you actually fish for income you would make up the cost of the bucket in a matter of months so it was actually a decent purchase.
  • Mizik said:
    Gloves of Serendipity are a joke.

"500 credits... should we make it double the amount of bombs made every time?"

"What are you nuts?  We'd better give this one a chance to do nothing. Otherwise who KNOWS what might happen."

I'm curious to find out who person B was and how he won that argument. 

~52,000 bombs to see returns on this bad boy IF it were guaranteed. 
    Yeah I didn't even get around to this.  Seems like the kind of thing that would only be worth it if you were forced to make bombs during a fight...

JESTER NERF SENSES TINGLING
  • Bukariin said:
    JESTER NERF SENSES TINGLING

We can only hope.

• Bukariin said:
    Rom said:
    I used over a hundred mickeys every day during the Reckoning, and likely would have used a ton of balloons if my shackle had not been bugged. You're not buying the artefact for free blackjacks...
    Again, though, why would you buy a Bottomless Bucket of Balloons when you could for less credits buy an L1 Blackjack or for slightly more an L2 Blackjack?  Or, idk, just sell the 500 credits and have enough gold for a lifetime of blackjacks/mickeys/etc?
    So you don't have to ever worry about how much gold you actually have on you? If that's not worth 500 credits to you, you're probably too poor to be the target audience.

Some of these seem like they're intended for people who have a ton of credits and nothing else to buy, and who don't care about getting an actual return on the investment. Basically the super rich.

• I'm super rich and I wouldn't buy -any- of them, with the exception of the wax.  I don't think it should exist, but since it does, I'd buy it.

• If you wouldn't buy -any- of them you only think you're super rich. Sorry.
    Antonius said:
    If you wouldn't buy -any- of them you only think you're super rich. Sorry.
    I bought one, does that make me top of the Sunday Times Rich List?

• Antonius said:
    If I were super rich, I wouldn't consider buying McDonald's sandwiches, because they're super crappy. Would my refusal to purchase any fast food make me not super rich then? I'd like to think that people who are super rich should have to be people who make smart purchases and intelligently spend their cash. 
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Artefacts might theoretically pay for themselves over time, but that's never the point. You don't buy them because they're a great deal, you're paying for the convenience.

I agree that most of them seem overpriced for their effects, though. Except for the mindprint boosters and the wax stick, these are all quality-of-life improvements, like tuning forks, gloves of harvesting, golden mill, medallion of enchantment, etc. All of those are 200-300 credits, so 400-500 is a high price.

The wax stick is the only one that offers a mechanical advantage that didn't exist before, so 500cr is at least justifiable, but still a touch pricey for my taste.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Azelay said:
    Antonius said:
    If I were super rich, I wouldn't consider buying McDonald's sandwiches, because they're super crappy. Would my refusal to purchase any fast food make me not super rich then? I'd like to think that people who are super rich should have to be people who make smart purchases and intelligently spend their cash. 
    You buy McDonalds instead of other food. If you're super rich you'd buy better food. There are no alternatives to these artefacts, so even if they cost-to-benefit ratio is low, the super rich would still buy them.
  • Kafziel said:
    Azelay said:
    Antonius said:
    You buy McDonalds instead of other food. If you're super rich you'd buy better food. There are no alternatives to these artefacts, so even if they cost-to-benefit ratio is low, the super rich would still buy them.
    Just let me toss this out there, there are numerous ways to make the gold IC, to be able to BUY the credits. One doesn't necessarily have to be rich to own artefacts. I sure as hell am not rich, nor of the rich class in anyway shape or form, yet I have artefacts.

• Kyttin said:
    Just let me toss this out there, there are numerous ways to make the gold IC, to be able to BUY the credits. One doesn't necessarily have to be rich to own artefacts. I sure as hell am not rich, nor of the rich class in anyway shape or form, yet I have artefacts.

Completely true.  I've earned probably 10,000cr in game, counting bashing and sale/trade of various talisman sets. (lots of buckets, icicles, lilies, and two elder sets so far).
  • Kyttin said:
    Kafziel said:
    Azelay said:
    Antonius said:
    The claim isn't that you can't make enough IC to afford some artefacts, it's that you can't (or at least are very unlikely to) make enough IC to afford so many artefacts that you don't have anything more worthwhile to blow 500cr on than a golden cube (or whatever others from this list Antonius had in mind).