Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Ask your Producer: October 2014

1246710

Comments

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Jovolo said:
    Any possibility of promotions over the upcoming months containing either: Lesson package sales, artefact package sales (Such as an SoA and a sip ring, or a sip ring and a bracelet, etc) or regular artefact sales from the website?

    Additionally, should you do artefact package sales sometime in the near future, would you once again open a thread allowing for suggestions to be added to the packages? I know there were a fair number of good ideas that were actually instated last time. It would be a waste of good resources (your customers) to not apply this next time. You can skim over this question if it doesn't apply, ofc.
    1) Off the top of my head, they're not on the books for IRE-wide promotions in the coming months.
    2) Ideally, I'd love to do a "pick your own" system, since there's so few packages that suit a wide variety of people. Maybe one day *daydream*
    DalranUlrike
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin

    Kayeil said:
    Two questions....

    1.) Any chance we might be able to get stat packs similar to Aetolia's set up? Sometimes people still have to choose race based on stats rather than RP. I think it'd still work here because the Aetolian races still have individual benefits (flying, ability to breathe in water, etc).

    2.) Possibility for liquid rift in the future? Kind of like how you cut down how many decks would need to exist, this would cut down how many vials would have to exist at one time in Achaea. Plus people wouldn't have to get spammed with tons of messages on vial decay... which might also clear up the messaging system some since I know there are many who never delete their messages.
    1. We're pretty happy with the way stats/specialisations/traits work here. Sure, if you're going to min/max, you're going to pick a race purely for the stats, but for the most part, the differences are minimal enough that people seem to pick what suits their RP.

    2. I'd like to, yes. I'm not a big fan of some of the implementations that I've seen though, they're a little unwieldy.

  • KayeilKayeil Washington StateMember Posts: 2,824 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Aww that's too bad on the stat packs, but I understand. Liquid rift would be so lovely, though. Thank you!
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

  • JukilianJukilian Member Posts: 1,579 @ - Epic Achaean
    In regards to serpents keeping venoms and concocting venoms potentially becoming a trade skill, will serpents still be able to milk their own venoms?
    Ulrike
  • KayeilKayeil Washington StateMember Posts: 2,824 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Oh. To add on to Jukiliana's question... any chance milking times will be worked on? I heard filling a tun with one venom would take a serpent 2-4 hours each depending on if they have an artefact to help them out or not. That's an awfully long time.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

    Kyttin
  • KyttinKyttin Member Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited October 2014

    LyndeeTrillianaKei
  • KrossKross Member Posts: 779
    @Tecton‌ ;

    Are there tentative dates in regards to a meet at IronCon this upcoming year, perhaps in a way in which it won't be canceled? Impromptu meets and such have been popping up all over the US lately, and I think if we had a bit more planning time, perhaps the ticket sales may be a bit better than last time and we could actually go!

    Plus, despite everything being better without the A-Team, I would venture to guess that a lot of them would show up for autograph signing and to handout our yearly "Raiders of Achaea" calendar....





    [Partial nudes.]
    SybillaMelodie
  • PathersPathers Member Posts: 10
    With the trade skill changes, will skills that involve partly trade skills, such as bombs for jesters and sentinels be moved also?

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Jukilian said:
    In regards to serpents keeping venoms and concocting venoms potentially becoming a trade skill, will serpents still be able to milk their own venoms?
    Kayeil said:
    Oh. To add on to Jukiliana's question... any chance milking times will be worked on? I heard filling a tun with one venom would take a serpent 2-4 hours each depending on if they have an artefact to help them out or not. That's an awfully long time.
    They may (not finalised) lose the ability to milk into vials, whether they can secrete onto weapons isn't decided at the moment.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin

    Kyttin said:
    Hell no, that'd require snow...
    KayeilSharaTrilliana
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin

    Kross said:
    @Tecton‌ ;

    Are there tentative dates in regards to a meet at IronCon this upcoming year, perhaps in a way in which it won't be canceled? Impromptu meets and such have been popping up all over the US lately, and I think if we had a bit more planning time, perhaps the ticket sales may be a bit better than last time and we could actually go!

    Plus, despite everything being better without the A-Team, I would venture to guess that a lot of them would show up for autograph signing and to handout our yearly "Raiders of Achaea" calendar....





    [Partial nudes.]
    As far as I know, there's no plans for IronCon 2015 at this stage. I'll check with Sarapis and Jeremy and update the post if any new information comes to light.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin

    Pathers said:
    With the trade skill changes, will skills that involve partly trade skills, such as bombs for jesters and sentinels be moved also?

    Nope!
  • KyttinKyttin Member Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Tecton said:

    Kyttin said:
    Hell no, that'd require snow...
    But, I want a


    LyndeeTrillianaKei
  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,720 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Tecton, what would it cost me to get Handspring, Slipperiness, Backflip, Backhandspring, Balancing, Acrobatics, and Somersault out of Pranks as an artie? Embers spoiled me, the image of soaring into a room, slamming into Penwize with both feet, rebounding into a ready stance and slashing with swords was just too much goddamn fun. I would pay all the credits. :(

    TrillianaUlrike
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Dear Tecton, I know you've already been asked this before, but honestly I can't find the post again. When someone asked about current weapons you said they would all be normalized? What exactly does this mean... one stat for all of that one weapon type or will there be a smaller range possible of that weapon type?

    And also on that note will armor be the same way?

    And if you don't mind me asking another question not sure if you have the data or are willing to share it about how many people are currently playing Achaea (not including alts)

    Also since we've already seen the knight changes do you guys have any plans of making dex to work for other classes  like you have serpent? (Awesome change btw)

     Oh and one last question? When are you going to accept the Van Helsing take over of the realm?

  • ValariaValaria Member Posts: 400 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    *preparing to empty the bank*

    2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin

    Caladbolg said:
    Dear Tecton, I know you've already been asked this before, but honestly I can't find the post again. When someone asked about current weapons you said they would all be normalized? What exactly does this mean... one stat for all of that one weapon type or will there be a smaller range possible of that weapon type?

    And also on that note will armor be the same way?

    And if you don't mind me asking another question not sure if you have the data or are willing to share it about how many people are currently playing Achaea (not including alts)

    Also since we've already seen the knight changes do you guys have any plans of making dex to work for other classes  like you have serpent? (Awesome change btw)

     Oh and one last question? When are you going to accept the Van Helsing take over of the realm?
    1) In most cases, the weapon stats will be fixed, yes.
    2) Yes, armour and shields too.
    3) We have the data, not going to give it out though.
    4) Yes, as I mentioned earlier, we're moving towards all of the classes having a primary stat that they can focus on for gain in some way.
    5) Pssh, I see you Van Helsings and raise you the horde of Beldaran spawn!
    KyttinJonathin
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Tecton said:

    Caladbolg said:
    Dear Tecton, I know you've already been asked this before, but honestly I can't find the post again. When someone asked about current weapons you said they would all be normalized? What exactly does this mean... one stat for all of that one weapon type or will there be a smaller range possible of that weapon type?

    And also on that note will armor be the same way?

    And if you don't mind me asking another question not sure if you have the data or are willing to share it about how many people are currently playing Achaea (not including alts)

    Also since we've already seen the knight changes do you guys have any plans of making dex to work for other classes  like you have serpent? (Awesome change btw)

     Oh and one last question? When are you going to accept the Van Helsing take over of the realm?
    1) In most cases, the weapon stats will be fixed, yes.
    2) Yes, armour and shields too.
    3) We have the data, not going to give it out though.
    4) Yes, as I mentioned earlier, we're moving towards all of the classes having a primary stat that they can focus on for gain in some way.
    5) Pssh, I see you Van Helsings and raise you the horde of Beldaran spawn!
    As soon as I help Lord Ugrach get his armies out of his Sleeves our reign will begin!

    Kyttin
  • JukilianJukilian Member Posts: 1,579 @ - Epic Achaean
    Kayeil said:
    Oh. To add on to Jukiliana's question... any chance milking times will be worked on? I heard filling a tun with one venom would take a serpent 2-4 hours each depending on if they have an artefact to help them out or not. That's an awfully long time.
    :disappointed: 
    Tecton said:
    They may (not finalised) lose the ability to milk into vials, whether they can secrete onto weapons isn't decided at the moment.
    I think it would make perfect sense for them to be able to milk their own venoms still, and especially to secrete on weapons. But that's just me.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the biggest reason there is to even get transcretion is to secrete onto weapons. Would probably need a good replacement.
    Ulrike
  • KayeilKayeil Washington StateMember Posts: 2,824 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Jukilian said:
    Kayeil said:
    Oh. To add on to Jukiliana's question... any chance milking times will be worked on? I heard filling a tun with one venom would take a serpent 2-4 hours each depending on if they have an artefact to help them out or not. That's an awfully long time.
    :disappointed: 
    Tecton said:
    They may (not finalised) lose the ability to milk into vials, whether they can secrete onto weapons isn't decided at the moment.
    I think it would make perfect sense for them to be able to milk their own venoms still, and especially to secrete on weapons. But that's just me.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the biggest reason there is to even get transcretion is to secrete onto weapons. Would probably need a good replacement.
    Sorry, was totally intentional! I almost never spell check my posts and I know you are a guy. Or at least I know your character is. Was on an honest mistake.  :(
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

  • JukilianJukilian Member Posts: 1,579 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited October 2014
    Kayeil said:
    Jukilian said:
    Kayeil said:
    Oh. To add on to Jukiliana's question... any chance milking times will be worked on? I heard filling a tun with one venom would take a serpent 2-4 hours each depending on if they have an artefact to help them out or not. That's an awfully long time.
    :disappointed: 
    Tecton said:
    They may (not finalised) lose the ability to milk into vials, whether they can secrete onto weapons isn't decided at the moment.
    I think it would make perfect sense for them to be able to milk their own venoms still, and especially to secrete on weapons. But that's just me.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the biggest reason there is to even get transcretion is to secrete onto weapons. Would probably need a good replacement.
    Sorry, was totally intentional! I almost never spell check my posts and I know you are a guy. Or at least I know your character is. Was on an honest mistake.  :(
    :(

    (Totally just teasing)

    Edit: quotes totally be broke.
  • SuladanSuladan Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Jukilian said:
    Kayeil said:
    Oh. To add on to Jukiliana's question... any chance milking times will be worked on? I heard filling a tun with one venom would take a serpent 2-4 hours each depending on if they have an artefact to help them out or not. That's an awfully long time.
    :disappointed: 
    Tecton said:
    They may (not finalised) lose the ability to milk into vials, whether they can secrete onto weapons isn't decided at the moment.
    I think it would make perfect sense for them to be able to milk their own venoms still, and especially to secrete on weapons. But that's just me.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the biggest reason there is to even get transcretion is to secrete onto weapons. Would probably need a good replacement.
    @Jukilian‌

    Would make sense to not milk into vials as otherwise we have a free tradeskill just because we're Serpents. There won't be shortage of venoms if everybody can milk, so I'm not stuck on it. Would be good to use the opportunity to get something else cool. As an aside though, I do think the milking times need to be adjusted, right now milking takes longer than forging.

    The point on transcretion is actually so there's no balance time after secreting. If you don't have transcretion you basically can't bite in a realistic scenario as by the time you flay sileris and then secrete you might get one bite in before their sileris comes back up, you might not. If you have it you get at least two, sometimes three bites in. Envenoming from a vial or from your fangs doesn't really make a difference - except for style.
    The Truths hurt. Always.
    Ulrike
  • SynbiosSynbios Member Posts: 4,561 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Hello, @Tecton. After having tried out some of the new knight changes along with these other meatlings, I have a query that needs to be queried: 

    Are the things that I saw in the Weaponmastery AB files 'final', or is there a possibility of further additions and updates to the abilities therein?

  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,720 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tecton said:
    Trey said:
    @Tecton, what would it cost me to get Handspring, Slipperiness, Backflip, Backhandspring, Balancing, Acrobatics, and Somersault out of Pranks as an artie? Embers spoiled me, the image of soaring into a room, slamming into Penwize with both feet, rebounding into a ready stance and slashing with swords was just too much goddamn fun. I would pay all the credits. :(
    Balance? Who needs balance?
    How about scratch slipperiness, balancing and acrobatics? Those were just gravy, what I really want is to continue bouncing around like Daffy Duck while swinging a sword. :D 

    On a serious note (even though I'd totally buy that), are there plans to shore up the fairly useless abilities in certain skills? (example - Battlecry in Chivalry)

  • SantarSantar Member Posts: 2,382 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Did you really just call battlecry a useless ability? 

    image

    Dalran
  • ValariaValaria Member Posts: 400 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I'm not sure, but one of twohander ability can cause the restoration of hearing( was it overhand or underhand.. ?)

    2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Valaria said:
    I'm not sure, but one of twohander ability can cause the restoration of hearing( was it overhand or underhand.. ?)
    Overhand was addiction and Underhand was prefarar (iirc)

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Synbios said:
    Hello, @Tecton. After having tried out some of the new knight changes along with these other meatlings, I have a query that needs to be queried: 

    Are the things that I saw in the Weaponmastery AB files 'final', or is there a possibility of further additions and updates to the abilities therein?
    Yes, more additions and changes to come before it launches.
    Synbios
This discussion has been closed.