I can draw avatars!

Comments

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    She must be stopped! 
  • Or she's going to give a taste of avatars for free, then charge 100 credits per full body shot, with scenery and all included.  She definitely deserves good credits for such talent like this.  I'd pay 100 credits for a full body portrait with background and everything
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Saralynne said:
    Or she's going to give a taste of avatars for free, then charge 100 credits per full body shot, with scenery and all included.  She definitely deserves good credits for such talent like this.  I'd pay 100 credits for a full body portrait with background and everything
    if the avatars are any indication, if the full body portrait with background is of similar quality I'd even dare offer double that amount of credits.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• You are an absolutely amazing artist to do so much in so little time. They really are fantastic. I might pay you some credits for portraits of Naverre and Dalemi some time.

And, I'd like to get an avatar for Naverre (baby smiley face has gotten real old real fast), but you've got so many submissions, I don't want to add to the heap, so I'll hold off for a while.
  • It doesn't exactly make me think of Nim herself, because I still imagine her as an animated character more than a real person. It's probably because most of her inspirations are either songs or anime characters.

However it does make me think "if there was a live action actor playing and costumed as Nim," which is interesting in a lot of ways but also kind of cool given that I assume you're not tracking down a model for each of these avatars.

So like, thanks! :3
  • Holy lord, you're fantastic!

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I'd like to see what you can come up for me, based on the description I messaged you, at your leisure. Danke.

• edited September 2014
    Oh wow, whoever sent me the lessons, thanks so much. Though seriously, you guys don't have to pay for these :(
  • you are very silly, rebuilding was not necessary at all, I just thought it was cool T_T
  • Nim said:
    you are very silly, rebuilding was not necessary at all, I just thought it was cool T_T
    Well, you did kind of give a "meh" reply to her beautiful work for you, so she thought you didn't like it. Sooo....she's not the silly one dear. *pats Nim ingratiatingly atop her head*
  • Saralynne said:
    Nim said:
    you are very silly, rebuilding was not necessary at all, I just thought it was cool T_T
    Well, you did kind of give a "meh" reply to her beautiful work for you, so she thought you didn't like it. Sooo....she's not the silly one dear. *pats Nim ingratiatingly atop her head*
    It wasn't a meh response. :s I thought it was amazing T_T

It's just that instead of making me think "that's Nim!" it made me think someone made a movie, and for some reason Nim was a character in it, and that was a photo of her! Like she'd be some crazy wuxia character or something I dunno!

I just wanted to comment on it and that's all I had okay T_T
  • <3 woah! you totally rock at this! Yay! so glad to have you in the Targossas -grabs @Tibitha - muahaha! talented artist! all ours!
  • Lauria said:
    <3 woah! you totally rock at this! Yay! so glad to have you in the Targossas -grabs @Tibitha - muahaha! talented artist! all ours!
    *sniffle*  I know.  It's okay though, Targossas had to have one or two, eventually, hehe.  Just teasing, I'm so glad she has such a nice home. Still, she can visit Cyrene for inspiration, we have such a beautiful city!
  • Targossas is pretty too. : P

• Tibitha said:
    A couple people have asked but unfortunately I'd really prefer not to take on any commissions.

When I have to draw I start hating drawing :D and it stops being fun.

Im also super slow with anything beyond a small headshot.

I really appreciate all the kind words though!

Edit: also backgrounds, ain't nobody got time for that. :P 
    Awww while I respect your choice, I do think that is a shame! Just saw this thread and instantly thought of a commission! Really nice work you do!
  • Here is mine, get to it when you can. These are amazing, and I cannot wait to see what you make of Atalkez.

He is a stout dwarf and is five feet tall, which is quite tall for a dwarf. Falling in waves over
    his broad shoulders, long vermillion hair boasts streaks of blue that undulate like icy fire. His
    left eye is covered with an eye patch, the result of a wound earned during one of his many battles.
    His good eye is a deep brown, nearly as dark as coal almost spent, and shines brightly, presenting a
    very merry yet serious sparkle. His beard starts out thick and red at his chin, flows smoothly
    downward into a deep orange, then drifts into a lighter orange before it finally concludes in a tip
    of azure. Beneath his blazing beard is a barrel chest and massive arms that ripple with corded
    muscles from a life of hard work.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Mmm, I guess I'll throw mine in now. He typically wears black.

small stature, a slender form and height of five feet giving him a diminutive air. His golden auburn hair, thick and cut short, is fairly tousled, though the rest of his appearance is neatly kept. Alert slate-grey eyes are set in a face formed of sharp angles, cheekbones high, nose small and straight. Accenting his features is a thin, vertical scar that crosses the outer half of his right eye, reaching from his forehead and halfway down his cheek, white against a sun-tanned face.

Sad to see the no commission thing though. :(
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    He is a winged atavian. His dull gray wings shroud the surroundings in a chilling darkness. His eyes, void of light, provide no expression. He has short breezy white hair with streaks of the dull 
    palette of his smooth feathered, yet unglistening wings. His skin is pale, grayish, and slightly hardened by serpentine-like scales. He is wearing a suit of scale mail, an onyx and obsidian-studded quiver,
    a wyvernskin pack, Ethereal Boots, an iron belthook, a pair of fine black tuxedo trousers, a trendy striped shirt, a black hooded cloak, a jade scabbard, a wyrm hide baldric, a steel chain backstrap, a small cobra-
    head pouch, and a serpentine sheath.