class choices

Comments

• We need a lol button with a shameless qualifier.
  • Magi, which coincidentally might be one of the best classes to introduce someone to the game. One line syntaxes in Elementalism. It's only when you get to Crystalism that you start with multiple line things, so for someone who had never played a MUD before, that was nice for me. But I picked it because I like mages. Sorcerers are always my favorite game archetype when I have the option. Cause spells are just awesome. Plus I like elemental schemes (Avatar TLA anyone?).

After that, my attraction was to Jester, because it's full of literal fun. Puppet control, the amazing utility/badassery of Tarot, and an unhealthy dose of silliness in Pranks. A deadly 1v1 class (slightly less deadly now).

Other classes of interest include Apostate (demons and daeggers are neat), Runelore classes (because Runelore), and Serpent (for utility and their ex-formidability) even though a number of serpents have made my characters' lives hell with theft and such.

But Achaea's entire class line-up is awesome. Unlimited strategy combinations, so regardless of my class, I'll always try to fight with the unexpected.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Blademaster, because I always think of Hibiki Takane when using the class.
  • Serpent. I love stealthy characters and organizations, but I don't know if spy, thief, or heist RP is possible in Achaea. Combat looks like a pain, however.
  • Serpent. I love stealthy characters and organizations, but I don't know if spy, thief, or heist RP is possible in Achaea. Combat looks like a pain, however.
    Once upon a time, theft was cool.
  • edited November 2012
    I never liked the almost brute force 'mugging' that Achaea allowed. I would rather have grand heists, though I know that's not possible. A shame.
  • Darknight stole a guild once.
  • That's acceptable as long as it was the denouement of an elaborate strategy or hare-brained scheme.
  • Entaro once lead all 200+ Shallamese guards into death and hired some more. I wish I had that kind of class when quitting Mhaldor.
  • You had three attempts, even. For shame.
  • That's when you profit most from having alts in those houses.
  • @Ada: You don't. You just have to take a leap of faith. Aren't the forums exciting that way?  ;))

• Why are Ada's posts so adorable?
  • I think it's the ^_^
  • The avatar doesn't hurt, either.
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    edited November 2012
    Zomg kawaii! (≧∇≦)/

I was occie first then blademaster was introduced so I changed and became a samurai (^_^X) kakkoii!

It was hard being a blademaster in raids so I then switched to monk. I kind of wanted to go probably jester around that time but I like Ebon Fist so much, I switched to monk.

Best switch ever! (^.^)/ <33333

Edit: Srsly, monk is easy mode in raids. I get xp even when my internet dies. It's that cool. Also, not trying that again D: Not cute when I do it. >.>
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Uaaa~

I spent foreeeeveerrr trying to figure out which class I wanted to be. I really, really like the idea of Jesters, but pranks are just too slapstick, you know? u_u

But then I realized Nim was an anime schoolgirl, and I remembered that Kill Bill existed, so I went Blademaster and found myself in the Mojushai. :3

Sometimes I want to switch classes or houses, but it feels like it'd be way too expensive, and I don't even know what to switch to. :<

Serpents look really cool though, and reading Tvistor and co.'s posts always make me want to go Naga <3 so maybe someday~
  • Don't you dare.

Unless I switch first.
  • @Iocun: We'll pretend it's an infiltration mission, and forget to do the infiltration part.
  • edited November 2012
    :o

I really have been a lot of classes >.>, but I think I found one right for me :). But I think I say that every time T_T

So I tried being things like a Shaman ( yay mysteriousness mage guy! :P ) and even one of those scary Occultists ^_^

So now I think I'm stuck with Infernal :#. Just kidding Mhaldor :D, I think it'll be fuuun :). As long as you guys accept me :3. I've heard Mhaldorians are meanies though, so I hope they don't make me cry (´ω`*)

giggle. ta-ta!~
  • @Nim If you live in Oceania or elsewhere in that time zone, you'll enjoy the Naga. I can't recommend it if you live in different time zone.
  • Well, I like being rare, so I'm sticking to jester a while longer. And hopefully this batch of classleads improves things. Also have to improve my coding.
    But after that, I'm excited to switch to either Shaman or Magi. I intend to be unconventional as either.

Deciding factors include cost of the switch. Already have most of the lessons needed.

Magi - 2150cr = Aldar (850) + Wings (800) + Fork (200) + Medallion (300) ... I guess in this scenario I'd sell my quill too.
    Would use my free reincarn to switch to intelligence instead of my 18 dex. Still have the pixie's boots though and the traits.
    - good for bashing so I can get dragon, but already got lvl3 blackjack for that so sucks
    - definitely enchant, cause I'm a business fiend
    - love vibes, have experience with magi combat, already have a bow too

Shaman - 1900cr = Wings (800) + Gauntlet (350) + Palette (450) + Circlet of Will (300)
    Could probably stick with my 12/18/12/12 stats. Not sure what's most useful for Shaman. Thoughts?
    - gauntlet will likely be needed if I find myself needing to implant 226 rooms. wink, wink
    - palette is a luxury, but as I intend to sell runes and inks and use plenty myself, feels necessary
    - coming from jester, aeon and locking would feel crazy easy as a shaman in combat

Both present decent raid utility for my city, so I'm looking for tiebreaking factors to swing the favor toward one class. The reason I feel wings (or stick) would be needed is because I'd feel naked without my lovely Universe tarot.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • I chose paladin because I thought it was the worst class at the time, and so far all my decisions have been right
  • Palette waste... TEAM SENA ASSEMBLE!

But man, Shaman alright if you don't raid, just so slow. Lack of Aeon Tarot made a big difference to me, but I suppose now speed strip slow is pretty solid. Still.. no quick kills drove me crazy.
  • edited November 2012
    The palette is pointless, especially now that we have inkmilling. Inks are riftable and easily available, so there's no added convenience at all (the palette is actually less convenient than buying inks). There's the eventual profit, but at 450 credits, it will take you RL years to break even in the best case, longer if you don't log in every 6 hours. Even artefact vials are generally more profitable than a Painter's Palette.

If you do use a lot of inks, and you plan on logging in frequently and consistently enough for the next 5+ years to get as much as you can from the palette, and you have nothing better to spend credits on (bashing artefacts, travel artefacts, a full set of artefact vials, and lots of other things will all make/save you more gold than a palette), you can get it as a very, very slow investment. Otherwise, don't bother with it.
  • XerXer Langley
    Yeah, raiding >.> I can't get kills in raids unless I get an extremely lucky Thurisaz (it happened once!), or the people around you are nice enough to let you Tzantza people after they're locked. On the other hand, the ability to Vodun Travel and Vodun Summon can come in extraordinarily handy in escaping, helping others escape, or getting to where all the action is quickly.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • edited November 2012
    Xith said:

Well, I like being rare, so I'm sticking to jester a while longer. And hopefully this batch of classleads improves things. Also have to improve my coding.
    But after that, I'm excited to switch to either Shaman or Magi. I intend to be unconventional as either.

Deciding factors include cost of the switch. Already have most of the lessons needed.

Magi - 2150cr = Aldar (850) + Wings (800) + Fork (200) + Medallion (300) ... I guess in this scenario I'd sell my quill too.
    Would use my free reincarn to switch to intelligence instead of my 18 dex. Still have the pixie's boots though and the traits.
    - good for bashing so I can get dragon, but already got lvl3 blackjack for that so sucks
    - definitely enchant, cause I'm a business fiend
    - love vibes, have experience with magi combat, already have a bow too

Shaman - 1900cr = Wings (800) + Gauntlet (350) + Palette (450) + Circlet of Will (300)
    Could probably stick with my 12/18/12/12 stats. Not sure what's most useful for Shaman. Thoughts?
    - gauntlet will likely be needed if I find myself needing to implant 226 rooms. wink, wink
    - palette is a luxury, but as I intend to sell runes and inks and use plenty myself, feels necessary
    - coming from jester, aeon and locking would feel crazy easy as a shaman in combat

Both present decent raid utility for my city, so I'm looking for tiebreaking factors to swing the favor toward one class. The reason I feel wings (or stick) would be needed is because I'd feel naked without my lovely Universe tarot.

I know the way you feel. I was thinking about changing my Occultist to Monk and I realized that I'm gonna need 800cr extra just for wings to be like all the plebs without universe.

Edit: Go Magi
  • If you're smart enough, you should be able to shred most mid tier and below easily in less than a minute as shaman. If you're smart enough, you could get the higher mid tier, too, (see: Vaehl, best shaman). High tier is the issue, though. Shaman gets rreaaaaalllllyyyyyy hard countered by smart people.

Magi is stronk. Really stronk. Cba to go in-depth on why, since I'm tired of typing on my phone, but it just is.