Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

A bandoleer

GawiGawi WashingtonMember Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

I suggest the creation of a bandoleer, somewhat similar to the option to buy a sheathe or a belthook. Except this would hold vials for rp purposes, so someone is not walking around "holding" 50 vials.


So this is how it is now:

You are holding:
15 black-walnut vials, an Aeonic hourglass, a crystal vial, a black glass vial, 2 jagged iconic shards, an inlaid ebony pipe.
You are wearing:
Some clothes and jewellery.
You have 58 types of items in the Rift.

This is how it could be:

You are holding:
An Aeonic hourglass, a crystal vial, 2 jagged iconic shards, an inlaid ebony pipe.
Your bandoleer has:
15 black-walnut vials, a black glass vial
You are wearing:
Some clothes and jewellery.
You have 58 types of items in the Rift.

MelodieShirszaeBluefPraxidesReyfKerriaSynbiosIsaiahSharaNakariPathrisExelethrilHyperlithTeghaine
«1

Comments

  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 5,093 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I approve of anything that lessens inventory clutter, let me tell you.

    While I like the idea and approve, wasn't there a "liquid rift" solution that was on the idea list some year or two ago?

    TrillianaKerriaSynbiosShara
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 3,272 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Very much this. Also, some kind of case to hold music instruments, please? 

    And you won't understand the cause of your grief...


    ...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

  • BluefBluef DelosMember Posts: 2,176 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Love the bandoleer idea!

    I'd love also a liquid rift (maybe as a new artefact?) as long as it didn't work ANYTHING like the one they have in Lusternia. If anyone is familiar with that, it basically functions like this:

    You fill your "liquid rift" with salves, elixirs, etc. You then attach a tear sigil to each vial you're holding. Then you link each vial to your rift.

    I know it sounds cool but trust me - when you slumber for a bit and come back, having to re-set that thing (in addition to locating tear sigils, vials, and the right elixirs and salves) can take you forever. 


    Ureel
  • JulesJules Member Posts: 2,169 @ - Epic Achaean

    This is a great idea - and yet another thing we could maybe yoink from Imperian.  They have vialbelts for this and I love them.  The playerbase over there is very organization conscious and doesn't have Vadi to take care of everything for them so they have lots of cool things like this.

  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USAMember Posts: 1,818 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    We always asked for vial belts and never got them, and that was back when vial theft was a thing that sucked. I'd like these, but I'll be confused if we were get them now, when it's only for convenience, and not when we actually needed them to prevent midbie vial thefts.

    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • GawiGawi WashingtonMember Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    The point of them would not be to prevent theft, but to better rp?

    Bluef
  • AlstonAlston Member Posts: 43 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Bluef said:

    Love the bandoleer idea!

    I'd love also a liquid rift (maybe as a new artefact?) as long as it didn't work ANYTHING like the one they have in Lusternia. If anyone is familiar with that, it basically functions like this:

    You fill your "liquid rift" with salves, elixirs, etc. You then attach a tear sigil to each vial you're holding. Then you link each vial to your rift.

    I know it sounds cool but trust me - when you slumber for a bit and come back, having to re-set that thing (in addition to locating tear sigils, vials, and the right elixirs and salves) can take you forever. 


    After you find the sigils (that is the most difficult part of it), it takes all of two seconds to link the vials. I wrote just one big alias that does

  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,798 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Some form of liquid rift was on The List at one point, I thought.

  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect itMember Posts: 1,692 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    For RP purposes, I think I'd prefer having a vial belt to store vials than the impression of carrying around huge tanks of every kind of liquid. Even Prospero's Vault is already a bit weird to myself.

    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

    Praxides
  • SynbiosSynbios Member Posts: 4,623 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Bluef said:

    Love the bandoleer idea!

    I'd love also a liquid rift (maybe as a new artefact?) as long as it didn't work ANYTHING like the one they have in Lusternia. If anyone is familiar with that, it basically functions like this:

    You fill your "liquid rift" with salves, elixirs, etc. You then attach a tear sigil to each vial you're holding. Then you link each vial to your rift.

    I know it sounds cool but trust me - when you slumber for a bit and come back, having to re-set that thing (in addition to locating tear sigils, vials, and the right elixirs and salves) can take you forever. 



    @Bluef: To be fair, I'll take that over having to refill my elixirs because they poofed along with the vials.

  • BluefBluef DelosMember Posts: 2,176 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Synbios said:
    Bluef said:

    Love the bandoleer idea!

    I'd love also a liquid rift (maybe as a new artefact?) as long as it didn't work ANYTHING like the one they have in Lusternia. If anyone is familiar with that, it basically functions like this:

    You fill your "liquid rift" with salves, elixirs, etc. You then attach a tear sigil to each vial you're holding. Then you link each vial to your rift.

    I know it sounds cool but trust me - when you slumber for a bit and come back, having to re-set that thing (in addition to locating tear sigils, vials, and the right elixirs and salves) can take you forever. 



    @Bluef: To be fair, I'll take that over having to refill my elixirs because they poofed along with the vials.

    @Synbios: Except when your vials poof you have to do. the. whole. damn. thing. over. again. 

    BUY 50 VIAL (and these are never well in stock

    BUY 50 TEAR

    ATTACH TEAR TO VIAL *50 times

    Then sort back through individual vial# to LINK VIAL#### TO <elixir/salve>

    It could be an amazing mechanic, but it's just...not. If there was something like this in Achaea though, I'm sure one of our super scripters or Vadi would think up a way to make refilling and linking easier. 




  • GawiGawi WashingtonMember Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited August 2014

    Jurixe said:
    For RP purposes, I think I'd prefer having a vial belt to store vials than the impression of carrying around huge tanks of every kind of liquid. Even Prospero's Vault is already a bit weird to myself.


    Where did this tank idea come from? The rift?

  • SynbiosSynbios Member Posts: 4,623 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Bluef said:

    @Synbios: Except when your vials poof you have to do. the. whole. damn. thing. over. again. 

    BUY 50 VIAL (and these are never well in stock

    BUY 50 TEAR

    ATTACH TEAR TO VIAL *50 times

    Then sort back through individual vial# to LINK VIAL#### TO <elixir/salve>

    It could be an amazing mechanic, but it's just...not. If there was something like this in Achaea though, I'm sure one of our super scripters or Vadi would think up a way to make refilling and linking easier. 

    I have played Lusternia, and the one thing that makes the process tedious is the fact that their vials decay too fast(unless you use the vial-redesigning magic scroll, which doubles? triples? their decay time to Achaea levels). 

    Another reason why vials are short in stock in Lusternia, if I remember right, is the fact that there are no npc shops that sell them. You either have to craft them or have someone craft/sell them to you. Also, since there's the liquid rift, the best part is no longer having to spare 20 vials for health. You just have to link one vial to your liquid rift stock of 5000 health sips or something. You essentially can just have as many vials as there are elixir and salve types.

    But yeah, I understand your concerns about having to re-tear and repurchase vials in Lusternia. Why else did I spend my first few bardic credits on artie versions of the tear sigil? (For those not in the know, the artie version makes the vial it's attached to non-decay and allows you to link around three or five different fluids in the liquid rift to that one vial.)

    Bluef
  • JulesJules Member Posts: 2,169 @ - Epic Achaean
    Aerek said:

    We always asked for vial belts and never got them, and that was back when vial theft was a thing that sucked. I'd like these, but I'll be confused if we were get them now, when it's only for convenience, and not when we actually needed them to prevent midbie vial thefts.

    If you asked when Maya was Maya, it's not very surprising that the answer was no.  It makes sense that people would have been asking for them back then, and too bad it didn't happen, but would still be very shiny now.  Admin's stance on a lot of things has been evolving (some of that seems to be admin personality driven, and some is probably what they think the playerbase will accept/want).  I don't get the RP aspect people are talking about, but hey, if it means they're on board, RP away.  

  • AlstonAlston Member Posts: 43 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Bluef said:
    Synbios said:
    Bluef said:

    Love the bandoleer idea!

    I'd love also a liquid rift (maybe as a new artefact?) as long as it didn't work ANYTHING like the one they have in Lusternia. If anyone is familiar with that, it basically functions like this:

    You fill your "liquid rift" with salves, elixirs, etc. You then attach a tear sigil to each vial you're holding. Then you link each vial to your rift.

    I know it sounds cool but trust me - when you slumber for a bit and come back, having to re-set that thing (in addition to locating tear sigils, vials, and the right elixirs and salves) can take you forever. 



    @Bluef: To be fair, I'll take that over having to refill my elixirs because they poofed along with the vials.

    @Synbios: Except when your vials poof you have to do. the. whole. damn. thing. over. again. 

    BUY 50 VIAL (and these are never well in stock

    BUY 50 TEAR

    ATTACH TEAR TO VIAL *50 times

    Then sort back through individual vial# to LINK VIAL#### TO <elixir/salve>

    It could be an amazing mechanic, but it's just...not. If there was something like this in Achaea though, I'm sure one of our super scripters or Vadi would think up a way to make refilling and linking easier. 




    All you have to do is attach sigil to empty... Then link empty to elixir.... Again takes all of two seconds

  • BluefBluef DelosMember Posts: 2,176 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Alston said:
    Bluef said:
    Synbios said:
    Bluef said:

    Love the bandoleer idea!

    I'd love also a liquid rift (maybe as a new artefact?) as long as it didn't work ANYTHING like the one they have in Lusternia. If anyone is familiar with that, it basically functions like this:

    You fill your "liquid rift" with salves, elixirs, etc. You then attach a tear sigil to each vial you're holding. Then you link each vial to your rift.

    I know it sounds cool but trust me - when you slumber for a bit and come back, having to re-set that thing (in addition to locating tear sigils, vials, and the right elixirs and salves) can take you forever. 



    @Bluef: To be fair, I'll take that over having to refill my elixirs because they poofed along with the vials.

    @Synbios: Except when your vials poof you have to do. the. whole. damn. thing. over. again. 

    BUY 50 VIAL (and these are never well in stock

    BUY 50 TEAR

    ATTACH TEAR TO VIAL *50 times

    Then sort back through individual vial# to LINK VIAL#### TO <elixir/salve>

    It could be an amazing mechanic, but it's just...not. If there was something like this in Achaea though, I'm sure one of our super scripters or Vadi would think up a way to make refilling and linking easier. 




    All you have to do is attach sigil to empty... Then link empty to elixir.... Again takes all of two seconds

    For one vial, yeah. I think I hold something like 40 vials in Lusternia. So for every vial, I have to do do this -- by vial number. That definitely does not take two seconds. 

    Add to that the frustrating fact that vials and elixirs, salves and the like are hard to find in Lusternia and yeah. It takes forever. It's actually one of the reasons I hardly ever play there anymore. Time-consuming things like this just to get back up and running in a game are just not fun. 

    In Achaea, vials are plentiful (so plentiful Rufio was created), but that doesn't mean I want to sit around for twenty minutes attaching sigils to individual vials and then linking them to a rift (which beforehand I had to fill).




  • SynbiosSynbios Member Posts: 4,623 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    I bet it would be 90% less frustrating if we cut out tear sigils in Achaea. Just have any vial you own work with LINK <vial> TO <elixir> alone and I'd be good.

  • AlstonAlston Member Posts: 43 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Bluef said:
    Alston said:
    Bluef said:
    Synbios said:
    Bluef said:

    Love the bandoleer idea!

    I'd love also a liquid rift (maybe as a new artefact?) as long as it didn't work ANYTHING like the one they have in Lusternia. If anyone is familiar with that, it basically functions like this:

    You fill your "liquid rift" with salves, elixirs, etc. You then attach a tear sigil to each vial you're holding. Then you link each vial to your rift.

    I know it sounds cool but trust me - when you slumber for a bit and come back, having to re-set that thing (in addition to locating tear sigils, vials, and the right elixirs and salves) can take you forever. 



    @Bluef: To be fair, I'll take that over having to refill my elixirs because they poofed along with the vials.

    @Synbios: Except when your vials poof you have to do. the. whole. damn. thing. over. again. 

    BUY 50 VIAL (and these are never well in stock

    BUY 50 TEAR

    ATTACH TEAR TO VIAL *50 times

    Then sort back through individual vial# to LINK VIAL#### TO <elixir/salve>

    It could be an amazing mechanic, but it's just...not. If there was something like this in Achaea though, I'm sure one of our super scripters or Vadi would think up a way to make refilling and linking easier. 




    All you have to do is attach sigil to empty... Then link empty to elixir.... Again takes all of two seconds

    For one vial, yeah. I think I hold something like 40 vials in Lusternia. So for every vial, I have to do do this -- by vial number. That definitely does not take two seconds. 

    Add to that the frustrating fact that vials and elixirs, salves and the like are hard to find in Lusternia and yeah. It takes forever. It's actually one of the reasons I hardly ever play there anymore. Time-consuming things like this just to get back up and running in a game are just not fun. 

    In Achaea, vials are plentiful (so plentiful Rufio was created), but that doesn't mean I want to sit around for twenty minutes attaching sigils to individual vials and then linking them to a rift (which beforehand I had to fill).




    No... You do not have to reference the vial number...



    Attach sigil to empty

    Rift link empty to potionname

    Repeat for each elixir... It will automatically fill without having to specify the vial number.. You just have to do it elixir by elixir

  • BluefBluef DelosMember Posts: 2,176 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited August 2014
    Alston said:
    Bluef said:
    Alston said:
    Bluef said:
    Synbios said:
    Bluef said:

    Love the bandoleer idea!

    I'd love also a liquid rift (maybe as a new artefact?) as long as it didn't work ANYTHING like the one they have in Lusternia. If anyone is familiar with that, it basically functions like this:

    You fill your "liquid rift" with salves, elixirs, etc. You then attach a tear sigil to each vial you're holding. Then you link each vial to your rift.

    I know it sounds cool but trust me - when you slumber for a bit and come back, having to re-set that thing (in addition to locating tear sigils, vials, and the right elixirs and salves) can take you forever. 



    @Bluef: To be fair, I'll take that over having to refill my elixirs because they poofed along with the vials.

    @Synbios: Except when your vials poof you have to do. the. whole. damn. thing. over. again. 

    BUY 50 VIAL (and these are never well in stock

    BUY 50 TEAR

    ATTACH TEAR TO VIAL *50 times

    Then sort back through individual vial# to LINK VIAL#### TO <elixir/salve>

    It could be an amazing mechanic, but it's just...not. If there was something like this in Achaea though, I'm sure one of our super scripters or Vadi would think up a way to make refilling and linking easier. 




    All you have to do is attach sigil to empty... Then link empty to elixir.... Again takes all of two seconds

    For one vial, yeah. I think I hold something like 40 vials in Lusternia. So for every vial, I have to do do this -- by vial number. That definitely does not take two seconds. 

    Add to that the frustrating fact that vials and elixirs, salves and the like are hard to find in Lusternia and yeah. It takes forever. It's actually one of the reasons I hardly ever play there anymore. Time-consuming things like this just to get back up and running in a game are just not fun. 

    In Achaea, vials are plentiful (so plentiful Rufio was created), but that doesn't mean I want to sit around for twenty minutes attaching sigils to individual vials and then linking them to a rift (which beforehand I had to fill).




    No... You do not have to reference the vial number...



    Attach sigil to empty

    Rift link empty to potionname

    Repeat for each elixir... It will automatically fill without having to specify the vial number.. You just have to do it elixir by elixir

    Uh, that is if you don't care where anything ends up. If you actually sort your vials in any kind of discernible way, you have to do it by number rather than by "empty."

    I've been playing Lusternia off and on again since Beta. All I know is that this crap ^ is why when I come back IC, I go oh yeahhhh this is why I left. The systems for getting vials made, getting refills, getting your rift set up, etc. are so time-consuming and boring that halfway through I usually say 'screw this' and head back to Achaea. 

  • SarienoSarieno Spokane, WAMember Posts: 127 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    Right? My character right now is carrying somewhere between forty and sixty vials, plus the random crap I've always got in my hands. I don't know how I can swing a sword with my arms so full :(



    twitter - @spacemanreno
    Bluef
  • SenaSena Member Posts: 3,957 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Bluef said:

    Uh, that is if you don't care where anything ends up. If you actually sort your vials in any kind of discernible way, you have to do it by number rather than by "empty."

    Achaea isn't any better in that case though. If you care what liquid goes where, you still have to specify the numbers, whether you're refilling from a tun or having someone else refill for you. And then when you have to transfer to new vials because the old ones are close to decaying, it's at least twice as much work.

    If Achaea implemented tear sigils and a liquid rift, and made vials decay in 30 months instead of 150, it would still be more convenient than what we have now.

    Trey
  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,798 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Or. OR. OORRRR we could do away with the sigils and just do the link thing. 12 new vials at every decay cycle and we're right as rain. Could even do the same thing with venoms for a liquid rift. It would give the poor schmucks like me who have 27 diamond vials from globes a chance to use them for an awesome purpose.

    Sena
  • SynbiosSynbios Member Posts: 4,623 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Or...I want a bandolier of pistols handcrossbows wands enchanted with a single elemental spell.

    Think about it - high noon in Delos Bridge, Synbios and @Trey facing off, their hands resting on the holster containing their favoured spell. From a distance, the belltower of Cyrene tolls the 12-gong countdown. As the 12th gong strikes:

    Trey and Synbios: DRAW!

    Trey: -casts firelash-

    Synbios: -casts stonefist- Wait, wha-*explodes*

    Trey: I win.

    Jhaeli
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,178 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Synbios said:

    Or...I want a bandolier of pistols handcrossbows wands enchanted with a single elemental spell.

    Think about it - high noon in Delos Bridge, Synbios and @Trey facing off, their hands resting on the holster containing their favoured spell. From a distance, the belltower of Cyrene tolls the 12-gong countdown. As the 12th gong strikes:

    Trey and Synbios: DRAW!

    Trey: -casts firelash-

    Synbios: -casts stonefist- Wait, wha-*explodes*

    Trey: I win.

    Is @Trey the Good or the Bad, because you're the Ugly, you otherworldly beast


    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    Synbios
  • BluefBluef DelosMember Posts: 2,176 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited August 2014
    Sena said:
    Bluef said:

    Uh, that is if you don't care where anything ends up. If you actually sort your vials in any kind of discernible way, you have to do it by number rather than by "empty."

    Achaea isn't any better in that case though. If you care what liquid goes where, you still have to specify the numbers, whether you're refilling from a tun or having someone else refill for you. And then when you have to transfer to new vials because the old ones are close to decaying, it's at least twice as much work..

    If Achaea implemented tear sigils and a liquid rift, and made vials decay in 30 months instead of 150, it would still be more convenient than what we have now.

    Here's where I see a discrepancy with this: In Lusternia, I literally cannot find 40-50 vials of the same design or even, at times, the same decay time. As a result, I have to prioritize what goes where. Sometimes I get lucky and can refill by type (when there is enough of a single type of vial to do this). 

    But in Achaea.. I walk in to any denizen-owned shop, purchase 50 vials. Walk over to @Lisbethae‌'s shop and REFILL EMPTY WITH <whatever> until I have 6 of everything. Then I head over and grab a couple of must-have venoms. Done! The whole process takes me no less than five minutes provided I have the gold to spend. 

    This same process in Lusternia sometimes takes hours if there are no vials for sale and you have to track down someone to make them (and then someone to fashion tear sigils, and then someone to do refills...) 

    Shops are just not what they are there, here. I had a shop in beta and I don't remember it being this way at the beginning; I don't know when that changed (I think around the time they split enchanting and jewelry/gem stuff up and made it so you couldn't have both probably), but it's terribly time-consuming these days to re-stock.

    Anyway - not meaning to derail further. I really love the idea of any item (not necessarily an artefact) that would make carrying vials a bit more realistic for everyone in Achaea. 


    Lisbethae
  • SynbiosSynbios Member Posts: 4,623 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Klendathu said:

    Is @Trey the Good or the Bad, because you're the Ugly, you otherworldly beast


    @Klendathu: He is Gnodab, the opposite of Badong.

  • AtalkezAtalkez Member Posts: 5,070 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Man I have at least 250-300 vials at a time. Plz add



    You hug Aurora compassionately.
    BluefAustere
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,935 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Bluef said:
    Sena said:
    Bluef said:

    Uh, that is if you don't care where anything ends up. If you actually sort your vials in any kind of discernible way, you have to do it by number rather than by "empty."

    Achaea isn't any better in that case though. If you care what liquid goes where, you still have to specify the numbers, whether you're refilling from a tun or having someone else refill for you. And then when you have to transfer to new vials because the old ones are close to decaying, it's at least twice as much work..

    If Achaea implemented tear sigils and a liquid rift, and made vials decay in 30 months instead of 150, it would still be more convenient than what we have now.

    Here's where I see a discrepancy with this: In Lusternia, I literally cannot find 40-50 vials of the same design or even, at times, the same decay time. As a result, I have to prioritize what goes where. Sometimes I get lucky and can refill by type (when there is enough of a single type of vial to do this).

    Sounds like the issue you have with Lusternia's system is primarily due to the availability of vials, not the actual liquid rift/tear system that's in place, then?

    I'd probably get a couple of thousand credits in refunds on artefact vials if they switched to a liquid rift for both curatives and venoms, so it gets my vote.

    Trey
Sign In to Comment.