Queueing, alias suggestions

So, because of my latency, I have been working with the queuing and multiline alias systems.

A couple of suggestions: making a mirror queue in my client so I know what is queued is hard because when the queue is run it doesn't tell you where the commands come from, so I would suggest the system message put the queue in there: [System]: Running queued command balance: GUT RAT

Making a mirror queue is important because you can't replace in a queue that doesn't exist, so if you want to stand on balance/eq for example you need to be able to know if you can QUEUE REPLACE or just QUEUE.

For multiline aliases, you can't add things to the end of the line like you can in other aliases, which means that I have be setting up alot of very similar aliases that simply have a direction or something changed at the end. It would be helpful if there was a + character which would append the rest of the line to the alias, for example:

dsh        clearqueue bal/queue add bal stand/queue add dash +
would let me do dsh up and send dash up as the last command, rather than having 12 different aliases for the different directions. This is more an elegance thing, because it is just as easy for me to send("dsh" .. direction) in mudlet as it is to send("dsh " .. direction), in this case atleast. I am sure there are other places where I would want to send multiple commands with the same set of variables that I haven't encountered yet.

Comments

• edited May 2014

The queue already does that. Almost exactly that.

There's a config option.

Edit: The first part of your post.

• @Santar Which config option? There are only 2 related to queueing in CONFIG, UseQueueing and ShowQueueAlerts. ShowQueueAlerts tells you which queue it is added to when it is added, but when the queue is run it doesn't tell you which one it is run from. Which is fine in most circumstances, you can trigger a capture off of recovering balance for instance, but if you are using the eqbal queue you have to manually look through each of the mirror tables you have made to see which of them fired.

The EQBAL queue also seems to fire after the balance/equilibrium queues which makes it somewhat unwieldly to use, you have to clearqueue your EQ and Balance ones to make sure that the thing you want to fire when you have both fires first.

• ------------------------BALANCE------------------------

[System]: Running queued command: KICK ME

looks fine for me.

• edited May 2014

gut ursu

gut ursu

[System]: Added BLAST URSU to your eqbal queue.

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

[System]: Running queued command: GUT URSU

You rip into an ursu man with your massive, deadly claws.

You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!

[System]: Running queued command: BLAST URSU

You may drink another health or mana elixir or tonic.

The queue add stuff is gagged currently, but as you can see, it is difficult to tell which queue it is running. Simply adding which queue is firing to the system message would make the eqbal queue much easier to use, or atleast track. Currently you have to have a gate trigger on the recovered balance/eq line, and then check if you have the other to tell if the eqbal queue is firing. Which I can and have done, but simply adding which queue is firing to the message would make it a lot easier to use.

• So you want it to specify between balance and equilibrium in the command messages.

I don't see why not, really.

• Why are you killing ursu if your a dragon

• Because I needed the trigger lines and all the vertani were dead.

• We can make multiline aliases function the same as single command aliases re: appended text. The reason we didn't at the time was that it'd have been nice to come up with a more flexible system where you could insert text into each command in the alias, but just appending it to the end until we come up with something like that is easy enough.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Why are you killing ursu if your a dragon

Easy gold

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • @Makarios‌ would you consider the first idea of changing slightly the running command line too? I'd make tracking quite easier and better.

Something as simple as, from:

[System]: Running queued command: WHATEVER

to:

[System]: Running (balance|equilibrium|eqbal|class) queued command: WHATEVER