Revisions to Mood system

2»

Comments

• I personally would really prefer that these changes not be made, because I have really been enjoying moods, and yells and shouts (says and tells to a lesser extent) are the biggest contributors to that.  I picked up the Wind mood because my character has always been fairly blunt, and especially with getting close to level 100 and actually pondering using shouts once in a while, I liked the idea that the way he would go about shouting loudly enough to be heard across the continent would be to simply force the air from his lungs so hard that it  would physically buffet people, which seemed more tactile and fun than the context being just "the dragon, Kherranos."  The shouts, yells, and adopt messages are the only parts of the mood I haven't once turned off.  The green dragon mood has also been amazing, it really goes a way toward making the dragon color feel like it's more than just a tweak to the breath mechanics, and again the communication messages are the best part about it, and I would be disappointed to lose even that part.  Overall, I feel like these are nice RP tools that I would be sad to see go, and even if you're convinced that they are problematic, perhaps some other measures could be tried before gutting the system.  For example, while the messages on adoption are fun and don't really harm anything, I think having the equilibrium cost to adopting does encourage people to stick with one mood rather than adjusting to fit the current situation, which is a complaint people have raised (and another reason I like the elemental/dragon moods, which are less reactive and thus fit a wider range of situations).

If you must make the third change, I hope that you also copy the Aetolia CONFIG QUICKPOSE OFF, because it seems like a lot of annoyance to have to keep track of what my last emote was so that I don't end up running around with look/move messages corresponding to an emote I used in a jocular context.  If there isn't the option to opt out, I would probably end up adding a character-appropriate general emote to my movement commands periodically to avoid the problem, making it equivalent to a stripped-down version of the current system except for additional spam.  And if you must make the second change, could the expressiveness please be granular enough (configurable per speech type, perhaps?) that I'm not yelling in a soft, quiet voice just because that's what I want for my says?

• AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    edited May 2014
    Please keep the dragon moods as is. I hate the SoW moods with the icy, watery, shadowy fires of hell. Because every time I see @Colgano‌ swagger in from the down, I want to throw out Golbat and confuse him, so I can be a Pokémon master.

EDIT: Half asleep and on my phone. I am aware swagger already confuses. Stop pointing it out. Nerds.
  • Just for the record, there's no final plan yet. Still considering. This has been a useful thread too.

• ColganoColgano Nebraska
    Agrias said:
    Please keep the dragon moods as is. I hate the SoW moods with the icy, watery, shadowy fires of hell. Because every time I see @Colgano‌ swagger in from the down, I want to throw out Golbat and confuse him, so I can be a Pokémon master.

EDIT: Half asleep and on my phone. I am aware swagger already confuses. Stop pointing it out. Nerds.

• AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    Obviously photoshopped. The president is white. Everyone knows that.
  • ColganoColgano Nebraska
    Agrias said:
    Obviously photoshopped. The president is white. Everyone knows that.

What president? That's Colgano... hashtag colganoswagftw