How fast do you type?

Comments

• edited March 2014

second try. Need to get up to that 140 benchmark
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    OK everyone switch to dvorak and re-do the tests. This gonna be gooood.
  • edited March 2014
    Jovolo said:

second try. Need to get up to that 140 benchmark
    Earlier today I coined the term, "The 140 club"

You ain't my e-bro unless you're in the 140 club.

I was getting between 142-149 or higher on every attempt earlier while trying to break into the 160's. 150 is my highest so far with 0 errors. Gonna try more later.

• http://10fastfingers.com/speedtests/generate_screenshot_result/47_233_0_0_46_0_70.74_40398_138068

Phone try #2. :3 This time I made 0 errors and found the screenshot button. :3
  • I only got 107 WPM :(

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited March 2014

Honestly, I could probably do way better but I have a migraine today. It's making shiny halos of light appear around all the text. :((
  • 121 still pretty awesome

• http://10fastfingers.com/speedtests/generate_screenshot_result/92_503_0_0_91_6_96.11_5374_138067 A weak first try. :(

http://10fastfingers.com/speedtests/generate_screenshot_result/130_652_0_0_124_0_99.74_359_138231 I swear I could reach 135, but apparently not today :(

I think the whole non-english sentence thing is messing me up. Like, "an" followed by a word that started with a vowel, what the heck!
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    off a thinkpad, dont think I can do much better on a traditional keyboard

Result Screenshot

Words per minute (WPM)89
    Keystrokes444
    (444 | 0)
    Correct words86
    Wrong words0
    You are better than 95.23% of all users (position 6603 of 138516 - last 24 hours)

Couldnt post the other picture as well, this was the best I could do
    Nobody wants to post their dvorak scores? I sad :(
  • Wasn't perfect, but whatever

image.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I'd post dvorak scores, but it'd be too much work. I'd first have to download something to convert my keyboard to dvorak. Then since I don't actually have a dvorak keyboard, I'd have to either A. Keep a small window open with the dvorak layout or B. Memorize it.

• My first post seems to have broken, so here's another, about the same.

And for @Strata, once on QWERTY:

Finally! Relaxing for a few hours helps a bit. :3

@Santar: does this mean we can be friends now? c:
  • Not until you get a veil.

• Santar said:
    Not until you get a veil.
    :c Too hardcore for artefacts.

I tried to have them put resetting on my sword so I don't even flame band, but they were like no. :(
    Santar said:
    I'd post dvorak scores, but it'd be too much work. I'd first have to download something to convert my keyboard to dvorak. Then since I don't actually have a dvorak keyboard, I'd have to either A. Keep a small window open with the dvorak layout or B. Memorize it.

You would be hard pressed to find an actual dvorak keyboard. Most people instinctively look at the keyboard to find characters when learning to type, so having a layout on screen or paper nearby doesn't help much because you have to look away from the screen/keyboard, and mentally map what you see there to the keyboard - which is extremely slow and hard to repeat/remember. The solution for me was to pop all the keys off an old logitech keyboard and re-arrange them. Switching keymaps in your OS is very easy. Windows even has a language bar that chills in the top or bottom right of the screen so you can switch back and forth between the two - this is essential when you're just learning for one main reason: Passwords. Do not change your keymap system-wide until you're comfortable or you might lock yourself out of all those paid XXX sites.

In the 3 years since switching, I've gone through several keyboards (about 20). (dvorak's wear pattern is brutal compared to qwerty) So if you're using a laptop, I highly recommend going the el-cheapo logitech keyboards from wal-mart route. Anywhere from $8-$30. Another option: get dvorak stickers for like $2 through amazon. Note on re-arranging keys: with logitech KBs you usually have to trim some tabs on 4 of the keys near the home row with a utility knife to get them to fit into the right places. That means you're stuck on dvorak unless you want loose home row keys.

Many people use gaming keyboards for the extra macro keys... And they can also be expensive... Since I have too many macros, I went with one of these:

Iocun and Rip also use them. So getting one to work with mudlet is possible on all supported OS (Iocun on Mac, Rip on Windows, myself on Linux). For Linux: required writing a python script to tail aseqdump, regex filter the notes, and convert to emulated keystrokes using xsendkeycode, then it's a matter of adding the keys to mudlet like you would normally. Works exactly the same on Windows & Mac, but there is already free software for those OS to make it easier.

Make the switch. You may or may not get a 30wpm speed boost but your wrists/fingers will thank you 20 years from now.
  • AlkaidAlkaid Auckland, New Zealand
    edited March 2014

I don't really like these typing tests that use purely random strings of words, I feel it gives a somewhat inaccurate result (that is just my opinion, in any case), I did the pitman's typing test (an internationally recognised typing exam) and got 1st class pass (99%+ accuracy) at a rate of 100+ WPM.
    All of our representatives are busy ignoring other customers. Please hold and someone will hang up on you as soon as they are available.
    A little better today w/o the migraine. 
    :)>-

Not as good as I hoped, but I'll take it!

About what I expected, considering I never learned home-row and can't force my hands into said manners after this long. I don't have an e-peen to prove, anyway. :3
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • AlcinaeAlcinae AFK
    edited March 2014

For shame. :(
  • edited March 2014
    Went back in for a fresh try today.  Looks like I take over the lead by a whopping 1 WPM. No errors. First try.

• LOL I'm so sorry, but I had to do a fresh try after I saw that, so...

And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • edited March 2014
    It's on, now. < I typed this with full intention of going to bed and trying again tomorrow, then I said, eh, what the heck, I'll give it one try before bed even though I'm pretty tired.

Usually I type better during the afternoon while I'm fully alert, but for some reason I just flawless'd that at 2 AM.

Your move, Ellodin.

• Took a shower, came back and tried it without seeing your reply.  Already beat you in the details.

And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I gave this a try even though my arms were exhausted. Not too bad, I guess!

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"