suggested, here is a thread to suggest new furniture types and improvements! I'll probably end up throwing in some general housing upgrades as well if I think of them.
In terms of furniture:
1. I've always wanted to have a glass display case where I could put items in and people could look at the items inside. Currently, for things like pedestals, you can put something on the pedestal and you can PROBE <item> PEDESTAL, or something similar to that if I'm not mistaken. I would love it if this function could be replicated for a display case, with base name case, and if it could have a lid that you could open or close. It would be nice if items could be made resetting to said case as well.
2. Curtains too maybe? Curtains and a curtain, to differentiate between those for windows and those to divide a room. Or drapes!
3. Other suggestions from other people: trunk, rack, strongchest, sconce, chandelier, washbasin, mirror, mat, statue, carving, pillar, bar (Taraus), swing (Tesha) <<< made edits here while I still can for ease of reading
4. Could we have silver/argent and gold added to the colour types being offered?
5. For materials, it would be really nice if we could have glass and cocobolo added - also would it be possible for something to be made out of crystal instead of having it be crystal-encrusted?
I suppose the following fall under housing upgrades, but:
1. Could we have working bathtubs installed as an option, something we can enter?
2. Since we have fountains, can we have pools as well? Not necessarily swimming pools, more like pond-type pools for decoration.
3. Windows that could be opened/closed to show the weather outside, but still have the room itself remain as indoors? (not sure on how difficult this one is)
insisted: A placeable wine rack that would generate a random bottle of Achaean wine every 6 hours?
5. From previous thread - maybe making it so that allies could store mounts in the stables too?
6. I realise this is quite far-fetched and would possibly cost a ridiculous amount, but being able to employ servants for your house would be so amazing. Maybe sort of like a mini-pet in that the owner can emote/talk through it and move it around the rooms of the house, or even give it things and have it give them to other people, but the downside is that it can't leave the house. I would kill for one of these.
7. A bell that could be heard through all rooms when rung, and a message that could be edited?
8. Also super far-fetched, but maybe let us have the option of customising the entrance to the estate as well for a fee? If unique customisations are too hard, maybe allowing the option of gates, drawbridges, portcullises, giant rock or what have you instead of just a door, and have different messages for those? (yes still dreaming)
9. Similar to 7, a knocker/bell to put on the outer door that can be heard throughout the house?
10. Playable instruments? (piano, harp, etc)
11. Workable fireplaces that give ambient messages? (Katzchen)
In general it would just be really great if more furniture-type items could be put in in denizen shops, denizens, even bazaars. I'd love more things like the dartboard, vases, statues, paintings etc. I don't know if this is part of the new tradeskill stuff at all, but just throwing it out there!