Furniture/Housing Suggestions

JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
As @Tecton suggested, here is a thread to suggest new furniture types and improvements! I'll probably end up throwing in some general housing upgrades as well if I think of them.

In terms of furniture:

1. I've always wanted to have a glass display case where I could put items in and people could look at the items inside. Currently, for things like pedestals, you can put something on the pedestal and you can PROBE <item> PEDESTAL, or something similar to that if I'm not mistaken. I would love it if this function could be replicated for a display case, with base name case, and if it could have a lid that you could open or close. It would be nice if items could be made resetting to said case as well.

2. Curtains too maybe? Curtains and a curtain, to differentiate between those for windows and those to divide a room. Or drapes!

3. Other suggestions from other people: trunk, rack, strongchest, sconce, chandelier, washbasin, mirror, mat, statue, carving, pillar, bar (Taraus), swing (Tesha) <<< made edits here while I still can for ease of reading

4. Could we have silver/argent and gold added to the colour types being offered?

5. For materials, it would be really nice if we could have glass and cocobolo added - also would it be possible for something to be made out of crystal instead of having it be crystal-encrusted?

I suppose the following fall under housing upgrades, but:

1. Could we have working bathtubs installed as an option, something we can enter?

2. Since we have fountains, can we have pools as well? Not necessarily swimming pools, more like pond-type pools for decoration.

3. Windows that could be opened/closed to show the weather outside, but still have the room itself remain as indoors? (not sure on how difficult this one is)

4. @Trey insisted: A placeable wine rack that would generate a random bottle of Achaean wine every 6 hours?

5. From previous thread - maybe making it so that allies could store mounts in the stables too?

6. I realise this is quite far-fetched and would possibly cost a ridiculous amount, but being able to employ servants for your house would be so amazing. Maybe sort of like a mini-pet in that the owner can emote/talk through it and move it around the rooms of the house, or even give it things and have it give them to other people, but the downside is that it can't leave the house. I would kill for one of these.

7. A bell that could be heard through all rooms when rung, and a message that could be edited?

8. Also super far-fetched, but maybe let us have the option of customising the entrance to the estate as well for a fee? If unique customisations are too hard, maybe allowing the option of gates, drawbridges, portcullises, giant rock or what have you instead of just a door, and have different messages for those? (yes still dreaming)

9. Similar to 7, a knocker/bell to put on the outer door that can be heard throughout the house?

10. Playable instruments? (piano, harp, etc)

11. Workable fireplaces that give ambient messages? (Katzchen)

In general it would just be really great if more furniture-type items could be put in in denizen shops, denizens, even bazaars. I'd love more things like the dartboard, vases, statues, paintings etc. I don't know if this is part of the new tradeskill stuff at all, but just throwing it out there!

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    All of this. Yes!

Especially the stables, servants, and baths.

All of it!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    While we're pipe dreaming:

Ohh, oh, can I have a bar?

a mahogany bar[top] with a polished brass rail

And can driftwood be added to the material?

(Huge fan of the bathtubs/pools, swings, and wine racks, too.)

• Custom messages for going through doorways... so you could have trap doors or stairs with a message to remind people of the surroundings... also working fireplaces.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Also add 'barrel' to furniture types too, and allow it to contain stuff?

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• More furniture might actually make the stasis upgrade potentially worthwhile... right now it's a kind of crazy expensive option.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Jurixe said:
    In general it would just be really great if more furniture-type items could be put in in denizen shops, denizens, even bazaars. I'd love more things like the dartboard, vases, statues, paintings etc. I don't know if this is part of the new tradeskill stuff at all, but just throwing it out there!

Yes please! I enjoy buying all these little things from denizen shops to decorate my place. Thus far, I have the brazier things from Lothos, and the stone lamps from Moghedu, and the rugs from Chaghut Encampment. Need mooore.

As for new furniture suggestions, do you think we could have a fireplace, a workbench, a hammock, a coat rack, a display case (like what @Jurixe suggested)?
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Alternative exits. 
    do X to open hidden exits (like in Maims)
    do X to immediately be forced into another room (pull lever for pit trap! push barrel to get through the room)

• Veldrin said:
    Alternative exits. 
    do X to open hidden exits (like in Maims)
    do X to immediately be forced into another room (pull lever for pit trap! push barrel to get through the room)
    They'll do this already. It's just crazy expensive.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    How are you so fast :O  :x

• OceanaOceana North Sea
    A waste bin? 

A hammock?

A psyche mirror? Preferably one that returns the looker's description when used?

A home altar?

A ladder? With an alternative climbing message for going up/down.

• On another note, any chance of expanding the room limit on ship house expansions?
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Katzchen said:

Custom messages for going through doorways... so you could have trap doors or stairs with a message to remind people of the surroundings... also working fireplaces.

Didn't they auction this off last year? That might mean it's not something they'd sell on a regular basis.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Antonius said:
    Custom messages for going through doorways... so you could have trap doors or stairs with a message to remind people of the surroundings... also working fireplaces.
    Didn't they auction this off last year? That might mean it's not something they'd sell on a regular basis.
    Carmain won something that lets a fireplace act like a doorway to another room I think. Think like those that swing around in the movies.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• XliXli
    edited March 2014
    And can we have the moon on a stick?

(no direct challenge to You, of course, @Ourania!)

-- Edit because YouTube links due to start at a particular time don't start at that time on here :( Go to 44 seconds in please for the actual bit I was trying to quote
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    Don't encourage @Cardan. I will end up with a pile of sticks in my throne room. :P

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    1: Cactus weed. I want to grow cactus weed in my house.

2: Mounted mob heads for your wall. Like a deer, or Zsarachnor.

That's all I want, really.

• CardanCardan The Garden
    Xli said:
    And can we have the moon on a stick?

(no direct challenge to You, of course, @Ourania!)

-- Edit because YouTube links due to start at a particular time don't start at that time on here :( Go to 44 seconds in please for the actual bit I was trying to quote

*I hold no guarantee for what this will do to the tides, that can still be blamed on @Ourania of course.
  • Oceana said:
    1. A waste bin? 

2. A hammock?

3. A psyche mirror? 

4. A home altar?

5. A ladder? With an alternative climbing message for going up/down.

3. :x
    4. :x
    5. :x

Regarding the special/fireplace entryway with custom entrance reaction that was auctioned last year, I checked into something like this for my property and it was very, very pricey. 

Love the idea of working fireplaces (or woodstoves for the rustic), especially if you can char things in them. :x
    Love the idea of attaching a knocker to the front door that allows a reaction message to be seen within all the rooms inside. :x

I'd also like to see some smaller furnishings that can be positioned in the room on/near other things. braziers, candleholders, musical instruments (of the large variety like organs, harps), and trophy cases (you know, for all those pretty shrunken heads). 

• I just want a TV

• I just want a TV
    WTF
    (I tagged it, but then chickened out and untagged it).
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • I still agree with tank-able fish.

Also for some reason this thread reminds me of a Christmas list.
    "I wanna yo-yo, a choo-choo, a pony, a ladder, a twash can..."
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Mass Effect littered the galaxy with fish corpses and now you want to do the same to Sapience?
  • This much extra flavor would make buying and customizing a house totally worth it to me.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.