Sylvan Combat: How does it work?

2»

Comments

• Jovolo said:

Heartseed/Sylvan still fine though. It's just in the spotlight now for some reason cause Lothiac, when Monks and Magi have had better damage output for years.
    ftfy

Yeah I haven't fought them as Magi but as jester it went:
    1. Ouch thornrend
    2. Ouch bees
    3. Trip on vines or something
    4. Ouch dead

The heartseed never got me though, I just diagnosed every time I saw the word "torso" or "chest".
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • @Eld oh.  Yeah, agreed, most of those uses were pretty dumb (and unintended).  That's not what @Jovolo was talking about though.
  • EldEld
    edited February 2014
    Shecks said:
    @Eld oh.  Yeah, agreed, most of those uses were pretty dumb (and unintended).  That's not what @Jovolo was talking about though.
    Ah, I hadn't been able to find any mention of it in the thread, so just took a guess at what you were responding to. Looks like he was just saying that artied serp isn't doing badly offensively (which seems to be a fair statement), not that there's anything particularly ridiculous about Thoth's Fang as an artie weapon for serpents.
  • Xith said:

Yeah I haven't fought them as Magi but as jester it went:
    1. Ouch thornrend
    2. Ouch bees
    3. Trip on vines or something
    4. Ouch dead
    Jester is the most frail class, without competition. I don't think they have a single damage resistance ability anywhere in their kit. They make up for this with insane active hindering, mobility, and the ratchet momentum of fashioning that allows them to hit and run. You may as well just damage them out, because any effort at affliction prep is going to be interrupted by hangedman/somersault/balloon/mangle/etc.
  • Yeah but a nice sip ring/bracelet combo plus priestess looping... Yum. Have to actively change scale mail depending on your opponent. But dex is where it's at. Avoid the damage altogether.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Thanks for deleting my previous post but it's okay

Disturb is a 3s balance NEEDED as an initial action in every dive

in example; A B and C exterm EI, as a forestal I will defend, I like combat, thing is, I dive and HAVE TO DISTURB, thus truly F%*&^@G me in an initial balance that's always going to go against the weatherweaving affliction pressure as I have moves against me due to having to use a 3s eq ability as an opener, I know COPE see magi (has adduction), see bard, but it's a bit rough and I can complain about it. Still am a newb, wondering why heartseed is a bit slower on blackout broken torso to heartseed and am upset about that. This is me coping. 
  • ????? 
This discussion has been closed.