The third age of Achaean Newbiedom!

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    It's always been an Org owned shops. I think the Lupines always owned it but it was briefly rented to Selene's Order.

The Druids had a shop down the other end of the highway near Delos. It was off the path with the gypsy but it disappeared.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I know the one in the Crystal Leaf is the Druid guild shop.

Still, it's a shop that I've honestly never known to be extremely well maintained (personal experience only, of course), so maybe a change and making it an official newbie shop with special deals for the sub-20 crowd wouldn't be bad. Or getting the guys who run it to step up with better newbie stocking.

400g for a health refill? Really? :/

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • Kez is the sole proprietor.
  • There are denizen-run shops for newbies in Lodi, with health/mana as well as other basics, geared specifically toward newbies, and mentioned in one of the new tasks (though it's not a requirement to go to those in particular). As for the Wolves Den, its proximity to Minia makes it easy to assume that it's the official newbie shop, but that's not the case. We'll take a look and see if any changes are in order, but we're not going to take it away from the owner or relocate it to Delos or anything drastic like that.
  • Valnurana said:
    There are denizen-run shops for newbies in Lodi, with health/mana as well as other basics, geared specifically toward newbies, and mentioned in one of the new tasks (though it's not a requirement to go to those in particular).
    It's always slightly bugged me how overpriced the elixirs there are too. Not nearly as bad as Seasone's prices, but still about three times current adventurer prices.
  • Just did a run through of the new newbie tour.  I have to say I am pretty impressed.  Loom Island will always hold a place in my heart, but this was very fun and quite a bit challenging.  Well done!
  • I enjoyed it. Was a lot of fun and well planned.
    But I'm still annoyed knights don't get DSL pre-20.

But that's off topic! I really liked how you managed to incorporate the cultists of the Great Rock, and introduced famous(?) historic denizens from a city. Adds a lot of depth and RP to the game. :)

Thumbs up from me!
  • Just a quick suggestion here. Encouraging newbies to buy refills from other players instead of shops was mentioned. It might not be a good idea to make it impossible for newbies to give vials that they get from the new intro to other players. I had this problem when trying to get a refill from someone. I couldn't hand the vial over for the refill. For the most part, I can understand why this was implemented (If it is an intended feature instead of a bug?), but newbies have to either buy refills from shops to fill their vial or simply buy new vials.  

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Wynedere said:
    Just a quick suggestion here. Encouraging newbies to buy refills from other players instead of shops was mentioned. It might not be a good idea to make it impossible for newbies to give vials that they get from the new intro to other players. I had this problem when trying to get a refill from someone. I couldn't hand the vial over for the refill. For the most part, I can understand why this was implemented (If it is an intended feature instead of a bug?), but newbies have to either buy refills from shops to fill their vial or simply buy new vials.  
    This will actually be fixed in a few moments - will allow you to after you escape from the dungeons.
  • ChrisdenaChrisdena Redmond, WA
    I miss the old trials. There is an issue, that I found out. One of the last tasks requires the player to help a Denizen. One of those 'Give this person this item' But the task and the Denizen doesn't give the player a hint on where to go. Having to rely on City and Newbie channel for advice. 
  • Sort of a slight issue I ran in to.  I am not even sure that the complaint goes here or not, but while using the WALK TO functions between landmarks doing the Achaean History Quiz task, it used a route leaving Tasur'ke that took me through the water.  Wouldn't be a big issue, but a true novice may not know to have waterwalking shoes, or have Fluidswim in Survival.  I know my little guy took on some damage.  
  • The damage from swimming is pretty small, and novices start with a boar tattoo now, so it should rarely be a problem unless you go through a lot of water rooms in a row (and I can't think of many places where a newbie is likely to do that). For the history quest specifically, by the time you get that task you're at least level 10, so unless your boar tattoo has already faded and you're at low health you should be able to survive easily enough.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I don't believe that can fade until after a certain level. No idea which level, precisely, but I remember hearing that somewhere.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Melodie said:
    I don't believe that can fade until after a certain level. No idea which level, precisely, but I remember hearing that somewhere.
    Correct!
    Tecton said:
    Melodie said:
    Correct!

Do I get another gold star?! ;;)
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    Tecton said:
    Melodie said:
    Correct!
    Do I get another gold star?! ;;)

Here you go! :3

You're the best, @Nim.
  • If anyone feels so inclined, the Achaea wiki page still only talks about the old Trial of Rebirth. I don't know enough about the new one to make the appropriate updates, but maybe someone else does!
  • This intro blows the old intro so far out of the water, it's ridiculous. I cannot fathom the amount of time and effort (and time) that went into all of this, but hats off, it's a home run. :)
  • Balyyynnnnnneeeeeeeeee

hi <3

On topic, yeah, I love the new intro. P cool that you get introduced to some of the old families in the intro as well. Brand new players may not realize they are player-run families, but they will soon enough!

• Hi. < 3 

Miss so many of you guys so much! 
  • Sarapis said:
    It was a ton of design, coding, and QA work, but we're really happy with it. Here's hoping it pays off! Early data shows massive improvement at the 5 minute mark (5 mins of playtime) in terms of how many people stick around to that point.
    You even got me addicted to an alt.  I've barely logged onto Kuy :(
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • NocrothNocroth New York, NY
    @Kuy I've noticed this. I disapprove!
  • That wasn't the intro, @Kuy...

(I think it was the readiness with which @Kross lets you grind on his leg as a bubbly little Siren.)

In all seriousness, though, yes, great work drawing new people to stay! Now if I could only get a few of my friends to -try- it...

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • Kei said:
    That wasn't the intro, @Kuy... (I think it was the readiness with which @Kross lets you grind on his leg as a bubbly little Siren.) In all seriousness, though, yes, great work drawing new people to stay! Now if I could only get a few of my friends to -try- it...
    THERE HAS BEEN NO GRINDING.

:(
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • Kei said:
    That wasn't the intro, @Kuy... (I think it was the readiness with which @Kross lets you grind on his leg as a bubbly little Siren.) In all seriousness, though, yes, great work drawing new people to stay! Now if I could only get a few of my friends to -try- it...

I don't even know where to begin. This disturbs and saddens me. I love you Kuy, but alt or not, you can't grind my leg. @Kei...I'm disappointed in you.

For the record...women only plz. And not so much through Achaea. kthxbai