Quick Questions

Comments

• Why can't we fire foragers in order to hire a new set?

Why aren't ideas that have been implemented removed from the list? The idea list is SO LONG. Or at least, why is there not a way to filter them?

• edited May 2021

NVM: Found the answer in the help file, it was just tucked away in the wall of text

• Am I crazy, or is this a bug?

or both

• Were you drinking Seasone flasks or using the Bakios card recently? Without giving spoilers, that looks like the side effect of one of those brews.

• ...so many pocketflasks

• edited June 2021

How do people generally price special items like legend cards or talisman pieces? I know there's a general rule of thumb for common pieces (around the cost of their tradein value), but I otherwise have no idea what's uncommon or rare and what should be priced higher. With "regular" items I can at least check the directories of different cities, but this area of the economy is like a black box to me

EDIT: As an add-on to this question - does the game mark rare items so that they have a higher artifact tradein value? I've only ever obtained cards with a value of 35cr

• 1. Listen on market for people buying the latest promo: Peak, Seragorn, Amranu, and Swikaan come to mind. Ask them for a price check.

2. Legenddeck cards get a different message on rarity. Everything else can be checked with ARTEFACT (thing) TRADEIN, or by looking it up in HELP ARTEFACTS and multiplying the sale price by 2/3.

• edited June 2021

When it comes to the wiki or even website, what's the best way to suggest edits/changes?

I originally wrote this post to ask about the art and bardic contests, because on the website: https://www.achaea.com/the-artisanal-and-bardic-fellowship/

The bardic URL links to this wiki page: https://wiki.achaea.com/Category:Bardics_by_year

Which is outdated. You actually want to go to this page, which is up to date: https://wiki.achaea.com/Category:Bardic_Competition

(or, the Bardics_by_year just needs an update too, as the Artisanal one is accurate)

Tiny tiny change, but it was confusing at first!

• edited June 2021

I think @Halos is still the one maintaining it.

Edit: the wiki, that is.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Would be someone from IRE for the website… if it is on the wiki anyone can change it.

• Above has been fixed, but in the future, bugs for the Achaea website itself can be filed through the in-game system and will be categorised accordingly.

NB: This only applies to bugs for the Achaea website, not the forums. Please do not file bugs about the forums in game. We can and will hold a personal and ever-lasting grudge against you for such crimes as these.

• I hear you can message @Phaestus directly about forums bugs.

• Only if it's an in game message. Don't message him on forums, something about an ever-lasting grudge, I think.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• You summon the ghost from The Grudge when you try to forum PM anyone, not just Phaestus.

• lol! Thanks all for the laughs and especially @Phaestus for such a fast turnaround to a minor thing. Helpful to know for the future too.

• Inexplicably, your senses alert you to an unseen alteration.

I don't think I've ever seen that specific line before, and it was in a bold white colour. I was submitting a customisation when it happened so I thought it might have been to do with that, but it doesn't seem that was the case. I do have an artistry sketch out for review, but I can't recall ever seeing that with previously submitted sketches. I also looked around the room, at every item that was in there, at myself, checked my score and honours, nothing seems to have changed?

Anyone ever see this before or know what it is?

• @Synthus I have no idea what that it is but what it could be is just environmental flavor text.

• I searched my logs and I have seen that before.. about a month ago in the Granite Hills....no idea what it is though....but you are not alone! :)

• That's Sublimation effect text.

• It's a crusade initiation.

I hate crusade initatiin lines because unless you know, you are confused as fuck.

• Yeah basically any time I see something weird the first thing I do is CRUSADE STATUS, and then if it's 23h 59m on there, I say to CT that there's a crusade on.

• What types of liquids exactly does obfuscated vials supprt? I imagine lucky, experience etc are not included? Is there any advantage to picking artefact vials over obfuscated ones for those that are supported?

• Obfuscated crystal vials only work with the standard curative elixirs and salves. As far as I know nothing else will auto-refill.

The obfuscated vials refill themselves and hold 240 sips instead of 200, but cost significantly more than regular arty vials. Really it's up to you if they're worth the extra cost. I have several refilling vials and almost never refill those curatives from my rift anymore. But... I probably could have bought two defensive arties for what I've spent on them.

• I think they might work with venoms, but there's nothing in the game that will ever be worth the cost. Artie vials by themselves are barely worth it.

Buy a spigot/tap if you're worried about running low on things, and even those are more for the convenience of not having 500+ vials in your inventory.

• If a customisation request are taking a while, does it mean that something is wrong with my initial request and I should cancel and resubmit, or should I just wait it out?

I am talking about a customization submitted though the CUSTOMISATION system, and not the email. Thank you

• edited July 2021

Sometimes they just take a while to be looked at.

I've had customisations take 3-4 weeks, and I've had them take 3-4 minutes.

Resubmitting doesn't do anything to the queue.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Understood. Thank you very much

• Obfuscated vials will also work with booze.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.

@Gallida ”Artie vials by themselves are barely worth it.”

Speak for yourself. I can’t live without a full set that I don’t have to worry about.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Artie vials are amazing, even more so with liquid rifts and auto refill. I never have to worry about decaying vials again. I have a full set.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."