Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

New rune?

13»

Comments

  • NemutaurNemutaur GermanyMember Posts: 1,068
    Man having an activate on choice Nairat, Isaz, Tiwaz, Dagaz would be so funny and overpowered. No way this'll happen though.
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Jovolo said:
    Why do you need to transfix people who blackwind/astralform into a room, or evade into a room when those abilities are specifically designed to not activate ground runes? With the same logic, you could have just asked for ground runes to activate when an enemy enters the room regardless of how they enter it rather than introduce an entirely new function.
    Runes don't just transfix, they have many many runes that do many many things. Other than transfix as well, not to mention the person would have to be unblinded first, or be capable of hearing for Sowulu. There are also many classes who have abilities to not do something, such as the several abilities to banish or get rid of occultist ents that are stopped by an occultist ent. There are ways to get around that such as killing the occultist ent. My idea is similar to this, give a runelorist a way to get around that, which is mildly inconvenient in the same way as killing the Golgotha ent is.

    I said nothing about ground runes being activated when someone enters the room, in any way at all. I am not suggesting Evade be nerfed to hit runes or BW be nerfed to hit runes. I am simply putting out an idea to have a way around those functions. That is not something that is ideal but something you have to work to have happen.

    Either way my idea is just that, an idea. Just like Marax's idea which is to get some form of notification that a rune has been activated. Whether or not it is implimented doesn't matter to me I think it is a good idea.
    Marax
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Antonius said:
    @Achimrst: It would be situational if it only worked on Necromancers, Occultists, Serpents and Blademasters, but that wouldn't be the case. It's not just a new tool to deal with people who have specific abilities designed, in part, to avoid runes, it's a new - and in some cases extremely powerful - tool for use against absolutely everybody. One that I just don't see a need for.
    I see no way it is extremely powerful, maybe for runewardens it is? Honestly I have never played a runewarden, I'm speaking from a standpoint of being a Shaman. If someone walks into a room and you have wunjo and nairat on the ground you have to take the time to smudge a rune to drop a dagaz so you don't get locked. For most runes to work you have to have a condition, such as being unblinded or being able to hear. These conditions don't disappear miraculously, you would have to take time to unblind a person or make them able to hear to use anything and in my view. It is just a way to smudge a rune without wasting the ink and activating it with a balance cost. I'm not saying all runes in every part of Achaea go off like a worldburn and destroy you. Most classes walk into the runes and gain the effects of them so I see no way it is OP.
  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,797 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Achimrst said:
    Antonius said:
    @Achimrst: It would be situational if it only worked on Necromancers, Occultists, Serpents and Blademasters, but that wouldn't be the case. It's not just a new tool to deal with people who have specific abilities designed, in part, to avoid runes, it's a new - and in some cases extremely powerful - tool for use against absolutely everybody. One that I just don't see a need for.
     I see no way it is OP.
    image

    KyrraAchimrst
  • DakloreDaklore Member Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    One word. ... or is this two words? It's two words.

    Counter-play. It's a hyphenated word! ... It's 1 am, I'm writing this as I think it, word for word... even this...

    Anyway, yeah. Classes that can avoid triggering a rune have counter-play to runelore's entrenchment. Don't like it? Tough. More counter-play is needed, not less. Even if I would still love to have over-powered trigger anytime runes. If you can't handle the heat of someone coming after you and being able to get around triggering your runes ... switch to a class that has a more active defence. If you don't want too, then tough nerts. You're stuck with a class that has some of their offensive ability tied into their ability to entrench and make (most) players hesitant to even enter the room. And if they do want to enter, they have options to allow them to do so.

    Such as blackwind, or astralform, or evade. Or heaven forbid they actually transcend vision and activate softfocus.

    I will admit, two runes per room limit is a pain, because you have to choose from "transfix on entry" and "I need to live." Maybe you should work on a solution from that angle instead of "allow me to activate my runes whenever I want".
    image
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    It seems like I'm talking to a wall here, either way as I stated it doesn't matter to me whether it gets implemented or not. I explained my idea and if you don't like it I don't really care. Please explain to me how it would be OP? Based off of what I explained the idea to be. That would be the most useful way to show me what you mean other than "If you don't like it get out" I never said anything about not liking the Shaman class or runelore, totems now that I did say I hated and I won't take that back!, and in-fact if you would read I clearly stated.

    "Either way my idea is just that, an idea."
  • DakloreDaklore Member Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Since you only want it for Shamans, I will try and explain it in a manner that is relevant to shamans. Obviously, with Runewardens, easy transfix for impale.

    For Shamans, however, what I know about their offense and combat is somewhat lacking, but largely reliant on them building their puppet. The only counter to beating that for anyone fighting said Shaman, is to kill them before they can complete it. Once said puppet is complete, the Shaman can begin the arduous task of a slowlock(is that what it's called?) where they stack concussion, aeon, and the curses necessary for a lock. Add transfix onto a web in aeon, and you're screwed. It doesn't matter how long the eq is on activating the nairat, as soon as you're in aeon and it's activated, you're pretty much screwed against a Shaman.

    Shamans are plenty strong without transfix, yes they generally need duo-trans to compete(well) in pvp, but they're not the only class. Slowlock is one of the strongest and hardest to break locks ... okay, from my perspective it is, I'm not a top tier combatant ... without adding transfix into the mix. At least with ground runes, you can control -not- being transfixed.

    Let's also add in the group combat aspect, where, again, a Shaman(or Runewarden) activates their transfix, and a Blademaster or Knight impales off of it. Since, obviously, only being able to activate nairat by itself is useless, we'd either need a quick equilibrium on it to make wunjo->nairat possible, or fire both at once. No class(not even sentinel? Can they with butterfly?) can instantly transfix someone without first stripping their blindness. Which requires double the ability activation and double the balance/equilibrium in order to do so.


    Someone more versed in combat, please feel free to verify what I said, or point out what I missed or was wrong on. @Jovolo likes to point out my errors :P (hey, I ain't perfect, I don't really care all that much for pvp)
    image
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Daklore said:
    Since you only want it for Shamans, I will try and explain it in a manner that is relevant to shamans. Obviously, with Runewardens, easy transfix for impale.

    For Shamans, however, what I know about their offense and combat is somewhat lacking, but largely reliant on them building their puppet. The only counter to beating that for anyone fighting said Shaman, is to kill them before they can complete it. Once said puppet is complete, the Shaman can begin the arduous task of a slowlock(is that what it's called?) where they stack concussion, aeon, and the curses necessary for a lock. Add transfix onto a web in aeon, and you're screwed. It doesn't matter how long the eq is on activating the nairat, as soon as you're in aeon and it's activated, you're pretty much screwed against a Shaman.

    Shamans are plenty strong without transfix, yes they generally need duo-trans to compete(well) in pvp, but they're not the only class. Slowlock is one of the strongest and hardest to break locks ... okay, from my perspective it is, I'm not a top tier combatant ... without adding transfix into the mix. At least with ground runes, you can control -not- being transfixed.

    Let's also add in the group combat aspect, where, again, a Shaman(or Runewarden) activates their transfix, and a Blademaster or Knight impales off of it. Since, obviously, only being able to activate nairat by itself is useless, we'd either need a quick equilibrium on it to make wunjo->nairat possible, or fire both at once. No class(not even sentinel? Can they with butterfly?) can instantly transfix someone without first stripping their blindness. Which requires double the ability activation and double the balance/equilibrium in order to do so.


    Someone more versed in combat, please feel free to verify what I said, or point out what I missed or was wrong on. @Jovolo likes to point out my errors :P (hey, I ain't perfect, I don't really care all that much for pvp)
    Thats true, although Shaman don't need to transfix in slow. We have a little ability called Vodun Bind which is very similar to a transfix and if you have enough fashions to slow someone you can easily bind them right after.
  • KaieKaie Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Is any of this even what the original poster asked about? I've skimmed the 3 pages of response and don't really get the relation. I think what he was asking for, and maybe i'm mistake here, but was for a skill that functions like alertness, or a rune that alerts him when an enemy crosses it. There is alertness, but I wouldn't have issues with there being a rune that functions similar to the trap sentinels use if all it does is alert that an enemy crosses over it and fades away without afflicting or damaging anyone.
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited January 2014
    Kaie said:
    Is any of this even what the original poster asked about? I've skimmed the 3 pages of response and don't really get the relation. I think what he was asking for, and maybe i'm mistake here, but was for a skill that functions like alertness, or a rune that alerts him when an enemy crosses it. There is alertness, but I wouldn't have issues with there being a rune that functions similar to the trap sentinels use if all it does is alert that an enemy crosses over it and fades away without afflicting or damaging anyone.
    Nope, @Marax wants a rune similar to Allsight. To which I suggested making runes send you some kind of message when they are used and your not around. Then made another suggestion that turned into all of this :P
    Marax
  • ShecksShecks Member Posts: 626 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Even if this OP idea was actually considered, it should fade on the first person it detects, and have a 1st person message on the target for when it activates.
    "Ignore the boos.  They usually come from the cheap seats."
Sign In to Comment.