Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

New rune?

MaraxMarax The ScriptoriumMember Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
Question first: do Runewarden have some kind of sense ability?

Idea next: This idea got denied for reasons I don't remember...but as a Shaman there are -zero- notification abilities. As Runewardens have skills that are specific to them, maybe a rune that notifies a Shaman whenever an enemy passes within 2-3 rooms of it (hell, I'd go for only that room for bashing purposes).

If a new rune is too hard to code, etc., then maybe a new skill (toggle-able[??wut]) that allows a Shaman to see when an enemy passes through a rune/room in which a rune of his or hers is sketched.

Reason, finally: I'm terrified of getting shat on while I bash, and putting this rune/any rune with the skill active at a bottleneck could alleviate some stress. Also allows for strategic positioning of runes to watch movements (nothing like seraph/daemon sense/watch).

On my phone, else I would expound how this could beneficial to all Shaman...not just me and my bashing fears.

Will expound with positive feedback :D
(<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
Nim
«13

Comments

  • KatzchenKatzchen MhaldorMember Posts: 2,000 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Runewardens have no sense ability either. I use farsee in vision, but it has its limitations.


                   Honourable, knight eternal,

                                            Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

                                                                     Necromanctic to the core,

                                                                                             Dance with death forever more.



  • MaraxMarax The ScriptoriumMember Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @ Katzchen, well then for all Runers, there is an innate sense of having crazy, mystic, earthbound powers with the use of Runelore...but absolutely zero way of knowing when someone puts footprints on a rune. A roomwide ability to see when enemies (or anyone) walk across a rune would flow RP-wise and be helpful for all cities.
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
  • KatzchenKatzchen MhaldorMember Posts: 2,000 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I'm in two minds about it, it seems useful, but perhaps slightly OP? We already have raido to escape if jumped.


                   Honourable, knight eternal,

                                            Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

                                                                     Necromanctic to the core,

                                                                                             Dance with death forever more.



    MaraxKyrra
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Katzchen said:
    Runewardens have no sense ability either. I use farsee in vision, but it has its limitations.
    Can't they find people with those birds? Tirac found me several times with that.
  • KatzchenKatzchen MhaldorMember Posts: 2,000 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Achimrst said:
    Katzchen said:
    Runewardens have no sense ability either. I use farsee in vision, but it has its limitations.
    Can't they find people with those birds? Tirac found me several times with that.
    That's... not really a practical way of finding people. One) you have to be outdoors. Two) extra balance on summoning your falcon. Three) Gives a huge blaring warning "I AM SPYING ON YOU WITH MY FALCON"


                   Honourable, knight eternal,

                                            Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

                                                                     Necromanctic to the core,

                                                                                             Dance with death forever more.



    TrillianaAchimrst
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Katzchen said:
    Achimrst said:
    Katzchen said:
    Runewardens have no sense ability either. I use farsee in vision, but it has its limitations.
    Can't they find people with those birds? Tirac found me several times with that.
    That's... not really a practical way of finding people. One) you have to be outdoors. Two) extra balance on summoning your falcon. Three) Gives a huge blaring warning "I AM SPYING ON YOU WITH MY FALCON"
    A rune on the ground would pretty loudly proclaim "I AM SPYING ON YOU IN THIS ROOM"
    Marax
  • KatzchenKatzchen MhaldorMember Posts: 2,000 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited January 2014
    Achimrst said:
    Katzchen said:
    Achimrst said:
    Katzchen said:
    Runewardens have no sense ability either. I use farsee in vision, but it has its limitations.
    Can't they find people with those birds? Tirac found me several times with that.
    That's... not really a practical way of finding people. One) you have to be outdoors. Two) extra balance on summoning your falcon. Three) Gives a huge blaring warning "I AM SPYING ON YOU WITH MY FALCON"
    A rune on the ground would pretty loudly proclaim "I AM SPYING ON YOU IN THIS ROOM"
    Not so much, people often don't look at stuff around them, unless svo highlights it for them. One is a change (falcon entering) and the other a passive rune on the ground which does nothing to catch your interest. And I'm fairly certain he was talking about two different things, one being the lack of a 'sense' type skill, the other being a passive skill that tells you when someone crosses it - falcons don't do this passively either, so I was responding to the first.


                   Honourable, knight eternal,

                                            Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

                                                                     Necromanctic to the core,

                                                                                             Dance with death forever more.



    Marax
  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 4,380 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    I thought vodun had a thing where you can look through the doll's eyes to see where they person is?

    For comparision : Can anyone throw together a quick list of the ways that other classes can acticely stake out an area? Forest watch and fullsense the only two I can gather off the top of my head. Also, thirdeye gives everyone the ability to see who is in what room, there are script out the that can parse this information in nice, neat layouts set catergorised by area. This is course leaves out veiled and gemmed people (I think).

    AchimrstBluef
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tahquil said:

    I thought vodun had a thing where you can look through the doll's eyes to see where they person is?

    For comparision : Can anyone throw together a quick list of the ways that other classes can acticely stake out an area? Forest watch and fullsense the only two I can gather off the top of my head. Also, thirdeye gives everyone the ability to see who is in what room, there are script out the that can parse this information in nice, neat layouts set catergorised by area. This is course leaves out veiled and gemmed people (I think).

    You can also look at their inventory and travel to them too :P
  • KatzchenKatzchen MhaldorMember Posts: 2,000 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tahquil said:

    I thought vodun had a thing where you can look through the doll's eyes to see where they person is?

    For comparision : Can anyone throw together a quick list of the ways that other classes can acticely stake out an area? Forest watch and fullsense the only two I can gather off the top of my head. Also, thirdeye gives everyone the ability to see who is in what room, there are script out the that can parse this information in nice, neat layouts set catergorised by area. This is course leaves out veiled and gemmed people (I think).

    There's alarm vibe for magi?


                   Honourable, knight eternal,

                                            Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

                                                                     Necromanctic to the core,

                                                                                             Dance with death forever more.



    AchimrstXith
  • DakloreDaklore Member Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Hayte said:
    I have a new rune idea too. The Yumyst rune. You ink it on your armour and if you die it acts like a starburst except you keep all your defenses and don't lose experience. It won't be overpowered because only runelorists have it.
    If you still think it's too powerful, just make a counter. The Nahuh rune. You ink it on a weapon and that weapon goes through the Yumyst.
    Those puns... they are painful. Very, very painful.

    But no, while having a warning rune would be nifty neat, there are a lot of abilities that already do this, and it's not really in the plans to copy abilities to other classes. Or at least, to minimize it.

    Also, Shamans already have their spying tools, as noted above, through Vodun. If you're that worried about being ganked, spam farsight or just stay in your city. Like, well... the rest of the population has to do.
    image
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
    Anaidiana
  • XithXith Member Posts: 2,602 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    a) it's called an artie pet
    b) Magi alarm is the closest thing and that only shows people you have currently enemied (petitioned to change a while back)
    c) all classes have to deal with that threat when hunting except monk/bm. And apostate/priest if they're tracing

    Probably not the most reasonable rune to add. There are things runists need more than watching for people. But you could just ink nairats all over. OR put a stonewall on the exit while fighting and have alertness up. Gives you a small extra reaction time.

    Oh I forgot:
    d) Raido already exists
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
    AchimrstJakiroAlcinae
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,288 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    alertness is enough and everyone can get it
    Bluef
  • RangorRangor Member Posts: 3,265 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Yes. We'd all like mindnet, but it ain't gonna happen.
    image
    MelodieDartegaAnaidianaWessux
  • KyrraKyrra AustraliaMember Posts: 4,861 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Would be nice if FALCON OBSERVE showed gemmed people but not veiled people. They will show up on fullsense so it would make sense and falcon observe got a massive nerf so you need to be in the exact same area now.

    I used to use it a lot when checking hunting areas like the Guraki Swamps when I was unsure if people were actively hunting there or just passing through.

    Just take the Bluef approach and put totems everywhere, the bitching of getting hit by them all the time is a dead give away.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

    AchimrstBluef
  • NimNim Member Posts: 2,015 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    While there are probably balance considerations, a glyph of alarming sounds like such a traditional rune spell that I'm surprised it isn't already a thing.

    The not-noticing-unless-SVO-points-it-out argument is highly silly though. Not a user of SVO, but if you don't know what's going on and your system isn't aware of it either, even newbie kick would be OP under that argument's logic.

    I agree, nerf newbie kick.
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,926 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited January 2014
    Kyrra said:

    Would be nice if FALCON OBSERVE showed gemmed people but not veiled people. They will show up on fullsense so it would make sense and falcon observe got a massive nerf so you need to be in the exact same area now.

    From my memory falcon observe has always been area only (edit: wait, do you mean you need to be in the same area as your falcon now? Not sure if that was the case). Not sure why it doesn't show gemmed people, should also show veiled if you have a veil yourself. This is, as far as I recall, how it used to work. I see no reason that should have changed since it wasn't the most useful of abilities depending on location (it only shows people who are outdoors).

    I'll mess around with it when I get home later, then make some notes for the next round of classleads.
    Kyrra
  • AnedhelAnedhel Member Posts: 2,367 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Falcon observe's always been area only yeah.
  • MaraxMarax The ScriptoriumMember Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
     FALCON OBSERVE will now more consistently function against veiled adventurers.

    They heard...so I'm still pushing for the rune alarm. 

    image
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
    Achimrst
  • KyrraKyrra AustraliaMember Posts: 4,861 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Antonius, you used to be able to leave your falcon somewhere and still be able to use observe from anywhere. With the changes to ranged abilities, you now need to be standing in the same area.

    If I leave my falcon at defendable (outside Ashtan) and sit on the battlements which is just three rooms away, my falcon will tell me to GTFO.

    I never really understood the change because OBSERVE only lets you know the people outdoors in the area and not specifically where they are.

    Random idea though; a falcon hood artifact that allows falcons to report on veiled people. Just a thought, since most birds of prey are hooded when used for domestic purposes, same as wearing jess.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Since were on new runes and he is pushing for a rune alarm, how about an alarm when any of your runes are used? Like enemy walks into rune and  your rune goes. "Wunjo rune used by enemy*

    Also I want to take this time to ask for a Rune Activation ability. Your standing there fighting a serpent on your runes and suddenly you Activate Rune at target and the runes go off as if they had walked into the room. Consumes the runes and takes balance. Also you have to be in the room to use it.

    (╯° _°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Because everyone be evading my damn runes!

    Xith
  • MaraxMarax The ScriptoriumMember Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I understand why an alarm rune isn't the best idea. But I feel like activating your rune would be a nice touch. It would be difficult to have, say, a wunjo/nairat combo hit because of balance (I think activating both runes at the same time would be OP, between web, bind, and this, [I -don't- know combat for sh*t] hindering someone would be too easy).

    Dig the $person triggered your Wunjo rune in <area> (not room), though.
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,926 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Achimrst: That's kind of the whole point of evade, though. Being able to wunjo/nairat on demand would be retarded, definitely not something that's needed.
    KyrraNimShirszae
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Marax said:
    I understand why an alarm rune isn't the best idea. But I feel like activating your rune would be a nice touch. It would be difficult to have, say, a wunjo/nairat combo hit because of balance (I think activating both runes at the same time would be OP, between web, bind, and this, [I -don't- know combat for sh*t] hindering someone would be too easy).

    Dig the $person triggered your Wunjo rune in <area> (not room), though.
    I don't care if it's OP, I want it.....

    image
    MaraxAnaidianaWessux
  • JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,243 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Well, I wouldn't consider it on demand because you'd need to stop and resketch after both runes are activated, but this would be too much for Shamans especially. The idea of off-balance anorexia for runewardens doesn't sound too appealing either. Nope, nope, and some more nope.

    Literally no need for any of this and the idea doesn't add anything attractive, sorry. 
    BluefKyrra
  • BluefBluef DelosMember Posts: 2,176 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I agree with most of the comments already noted above, and in addition to them I add this: Anyone engaged in combat should get into the habit of looking over their shoulder. Make use of the abilities available for seeking out those who intend to harm you: Alertness, farsee, vodun spy, veilglance, scrying, etc. If you don't have them, invest in or save up for them. As the saying goes, "the price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

    I also pretty much loathe the idea of "activating" runes for a number of reasons but Jovolo stated the best one so I'll cut this short. 

    P.s. I do love the idea of  revisiting runelore as a potential trade skill but I won't highjack this thread to talk about that. 


    Achimrst
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Bluef said:
    I agree with most of the comments already noted above, and in addition to them I add this: Anyone engaged in combat should get into the habit of looking over their shoulder. Make use of the abilities available for seeking out those who intend to harm you: Alertness, farsee, vodun spy, veilglance, scrying, etc. If you don't have them, invest in or save up for them. As the saying goes, "the price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

    I also pretty much loathe the idea of "activating" runes for a number of reasons but Jovolo stated the best one so I'll cut this short. 

    P.s. I do love the idea of  revisiting runelore as a potential trade skill but I won't highjack this thread to talk about that. 


    I'll make a new thread for it so people can discuss.
  • MaraxMarax The ScriptoriumMember Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Achimrst said:
    Bluef said:
    I agree with most of the comments already noted above, and in addition to them I add this: Anyone engaged in combat should get into the habit of looking over their shoulder. Make use of the abilities available for seeking out those who intend to harm you: Alertness, farsee, vodun spy, veilglance, scrying, etc. If you don't have them, invest in or save up for them. As the saying goes, "the price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

    I also pretty much loathe the idea of "activating" runes for a number of reasons but Jovolo stated the best one so I'll cut this short. 

    P.s. I do love the idea of  revisiting runelore as a potential trade skill but I won't highjack this thread to talk about that. 


    I'll make a new thread for it so people can discuss.
    I'm interested. Please do!
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
Sign In to Comment.