The Good Old Days

FenFen Snappy Snappy, Takey Takey
I was just reminiscing about the good old days (been playing since 2003), and people brought up so many great stories that I'd forgotten about. On top of that, it was just fun to remember a bunch of people who are dormant now but were awesome/terrifying/badass/etc back in the day.

Examples:

the instaclassic forum thread about Cain throwing his computer out the window

someone (Kupo?) being hypnoed to sing "I'm a little teapot" on Mhaldor CT

Clementius. Period.

What do you remember? Also, if anyone can post links to these memories, that'd be fantastic. Apparently Aztecia's site is down (for you new players, that had a great collection of hilarious logs).

Comments

• Outcasts. I still regret making that character go occultist.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Aahh Manu.
  • edited December 2013
    People I miss?

Estach.

Zero. (I want his bastard sword)

WarMaster. (yes, the M is capitalized)

Heaven.

Sraetrevlis. (took me ages to realize her name was Silver Tears backwards)

Wulfen. Would walk into Shallam and tank guards and defenders, buy something in a shop, walk on out. Guy was insane. :(

Dear god, I could go on.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Trevize said:

Wulfen. Would walk into Shallam and tank guards and defenders, buy something in a shop, walk on out. Guy was insane. :(

And yet, he still got hit by a bus :( RIP Wulfen

Tenebrus. Always Tenebrus for me. All those little antics of his like killing me when I am afk on the phone.

If I want to go even way way back, there was Tuerney, a man so awesome that two Gods bargained for the right of his devotion. You can still see his shadow wandering the roads from time to time.

Ottis the super artied out guy with the travelling merchant title that some people thought was he was an NPC. >_>

Even further back was Jinxsta who waged a nearly one-man war against Mhaldor and Sartan. While maggoted. Course he had TFs to counter the maggoting and DF >_>

• I get nostalgic about the early days of Achaea, huge warts and all. The early power players like Isildur, Mausolus, Buckthorn, Changcoix, Servelan, Aeschylus, Gawain, etc. And a bit later, Shakti (later Maya). She was maybe the singularly dominant player in Achaea's history. 

• CHT Landmark check.

I remember when Rampages were created because clever folks would create FFAs without ever starting them.
  • The old days were fun, and I definitely miss a lot of the old players.

The more recent times are fun too. The game has evolved a lot and the style of playerbase has changed with the time.

You don't see as many 'massive' players are you used to - the ones who could control absolutely everything (Nimos, Gijan, Tranquility, Kay,, Mausolous, Napoloen, etc) from combat to politics to bashing to just everything. There's just too many people/artefacts/systems for that now.

I think everyone will always think that the 'old days' in everything were more fun (not just on Achaea) than after their prime, but I still think Achaea is fun now, but I definitely had more fun back then. I'm definitely way past my prime though.

• I don't think the old days were more fun. I was more "in awe" back then, sure, but I'm getting a lot more RP and entertaining gameplay out of Achaea now - particularly considering how much time I used to spend with nothing but ratting!
  • I remember @Jaizsur showing me this weird 'small ball of energy' that he found in Rheodad. The item description was something like, "If you are seeing this, something has gone wrong! Please file a BUG report immediately." Classic Jaizsur.

I rememeber an Occultist (name withheld) describing the various religions and from where they drew their power, eg. blood, darkness. The Awen - the collective name for Demeter's Order IIRC, not the player Awen - were described as performing fertility rites atop Demeter's shrines. I was never sure how serious or accurate that was, but I would not be surprised.

I remember Twilight joining Ashtan to become patron, and within a matter of hours, Degar being so procovatively annoying and recalcitrant that Twilight muted him. This immediately lead to the city rejecting Twilight, because Freedom. Classic Ashtan.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Iocun said:
    I don't think the old days were more fun. I was more "in awe" back then, sure, but I'm getting a lot more RP and entertaining gameplay out of Achaea now - particularly considering how much time I used to spend with nothing but ratting!
    I like the new days because of the more rp centered and the better balance to combat that has been achieved. Along with new things like city raids, room destruction ect ect.

Although I used to hate rp and just played Achaea because I love the combat mechanics. Maybe im just getting older....Still suck at rp though! 

While the old days we're fun. I'm quite enjoying the new days better... but maybe it's because what I consider the old days I was still Hashani

• @Thaumas don't forget voyria banish
  • FenFen Snappy Snappy, Takey Takey
    @Thaumas don't forget voyria banish
    You just made me so nostalgically happy. You have no idea.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Carmain was a druid

• One of my most disorientating moments upon coming back as Averi was seeing Carmain as someone really important in Mhaldor.  

I was like what, weren't you a druid/sentinel person and married to Minxie, and huggable and NOT mhaldorian? at all?

Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Eld said:
    Averi said:
    One of my most disorientating moments upon coming back as Averi was seeing Carmain as someone really important in Mhaldor.  

I was like what, weren't you a druid/sentinel person and married to Minxie, and huggable and NOT mhaldorian? at all?

He's still huggable, though.
    i can never hug him when he comes to visit Cyrene though :<
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Triplejab!
  • I wish there was a 2000 / 2005 server for Achaea with no politics. Just mindless, insane fun.
  • Anedhel said:
    Triplejab!
    the good ole days.  Malifuus showed me this link the other day.  Made me judge my younger self, but still funny.

• Oh, also. Wasn't there some dragon monk who chucked javelins and then jpk'd you? Who was that? I don't think it worked much, but it was funny as hell.
  • Jhui said:
    the good ole days.  Malifuus showed me this link the other day.  Made me judge my younger self, but still funny.

Cain looks distracted, carried away a few moments by the bright rhythms of the Divertimento.

RIP
  • Anedhel said:
    Oh, also. Wasn't there some dragon monk who chucked javelins and then jpk'd you? Who was that? I don't think it worked much, but it was funny as hell.
    I suspect that was @Dethea.

I remember going to spar with her in Mhaldor. I realised I was out of a few venoms, and she was like, "Oh, which ones? Let me help you! Here, have these." So nice. It was confusing, because I was expecting a ranking Mhaldorian to be, you know, mean and nasty and blood-curdlingly terrifying. Then we fought and she more or less laughed off my attacks and choked me out.