Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

WWK

ZukoZuko Member Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
Hey!
So now that WWK strips defences off our opponents, could we turn it into a denizen friendly kick that us Monks could use to break denizen shields while hunting? That would be amazing. Thank you!

Pretty please!
Monks are one of the few classes that lack a shield breaking skill naturally!

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 3,254 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I love how one of the tags is 'please'  :))

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

Daslin
  • AtalkezAtalkez Member Posts: 5,024 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Yes, because we all know Monks need an increase in their skills.

They certainly don't have enough.

GG

You hug Aurora compassionately.
    Sylvance
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,920 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    There are very few classes that can actually remove denizen shields right now, even if a lot of them have methods of removing them from other players. This definitely doesn't seem like something Monk needs though, just wait for them to attack next.
  • BlujixapugBlujixapug Member Posts: 1,833 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Monks don't need to be able to wwk;ucp;ucp NPCs. Their bashing is already among the best.
    SenaTreySkye
  • SynbiosSynbios Member Posts: 4,619 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited December 2013
    I tried to WWK M. Bison with Akuma, and the fascist bastard just blocked my multi-hit attack just like that. Thus, rejected.

• CooperCooper Member Posts: 5,262 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tecton has said a lot that he wants monks to have to use a hammer tattoo.

Back in the day I suggested RHK to break shields with an equilibrium cost and that was denied.

• KaraiKarai Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Would be awesome but yeah, now that we don't have to re-stance every time we move, it's not necessary. I'm not sure that even in combat it would be necessary as annoying as shields are. Even being int-spec the bashing is still good.
  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,795 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited December 2013
    Honestly, if it had the same delay regaining balance as a hammer tat, @Cooper's idea is fine. Plenty of things mimic the effect, and with trans tattoos it isn't as if you're hurting for slots anyway.

• PenwizePenwize Member Posts: 1,533 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    That was the intention of my classlead 187, with the added inclusion of handling deafness.  Now that WWK handles deafness, it could do the same as a hammer tattoo.  Unfortunately, the decision on it was that they're happy with monks needing hammer tattoos.
  • NemutaurNemutaur GermanyMember Posts: 1,068
    Penwize said:
    That was the intention of my classlead 187, with the added inclusion of handling deafness.  Now that WWK handles deafness, it could do the same as a hammer tattoo.  Unfortunately, the decision on it was that they're happy with monks needing hammer tattoos.
    A shield stripping kick would be a little overpowered. shieldKick + punch + punch does seem unfair. But hey, with drs a hammer tat is super quick anyway, throw in a diadem and lethal ink and I have a 1.2-1.3s hammer tat. Winning.
    Nemutaur said:
    Penwize said:
    A shield stripping kick would be a little overpowered. shieldKick + punch + punch does seem unfair. But hey, with drs a hammer tat is super quick anyway, throw in a diadem and lethal ink and I have a 1.2-1.3s hammer tat. Winning.
    Classlead 187 wasn't a shield stripping kick, it was a telepathy ability to strip shield, which would avoid that issue.
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,288 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, I don't think telepathy needs any more strength. Monks are fine with hammer tattoo reliance.

Actually, monks are in a good place right now. They've been in a good place for the past year and a half, despite a series of major nerfs. I think that says something.
  • SeftinSeftin Member Posts: 923 @ - Epic Achaean
    There were nerfs? :s
    Arador
    Stuff monks need more than this:

- psycombat
    - Tekura stances that vary cosmetically based on House, eg. Black Lotus would get willow stance, Ebon Fist get mantis stance, Ashura get tiger stance
    - luchadore masks
    NemutaurTreyKarai
  • IocunIocun Member Posts: 3,506 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Daeir said:
    Yeah, I don't think telepathy needs any more strength.
    I actually think it does, just not this kind of strength.

Fighting int monks can be so much more fun than fighting str monks.

Also, yes, psycombat.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygenMember Posts: 2,492 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Blujixapug I'd like to refer you to @Gibbi's thread about luchadore type warrors

Synbios
  • GibbiGibbi Member Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Daslin said:

@Blujixapug I'd like to refer you to @Gibbi's thread about luchadore type warrors

Actually, they're not supposed to be just... know what, forget it. They can layeth the smackdown and ignore the other abilities :)

I have undressed a god.

Synbios
    Gibbi said:

Actually, they're not supposed to be just... know what, forget it. They can layeth the smackdown and ignore the other abilities :)
    Ha ha, turned your barbarians into wrestlers! :ar!
    Gibbi
    Oh, they weren't meant to be wrestlers? But they had abilities like piledriver and flying elbow...
    Iocun said:
    Oh, they weren't meant to be wrestlers? But they had abilities like piledriver and flying elbow...
    I assume it was like vikings getting rowdy on mead and getting into brawls. Vaulting tables to deliver a spinning piledriver to secure the last zelahia wing from Grolf the Burly.
    NakariGibbi
    Telepathy monks really are fine. I encourage people to actually play one before suggesting they aren't strong enough or whatever. Tekura is still effective in fights with low strength, and you have high damage/affliction capacity plus massive sustain from transmute on top of that.
    Daeir said:
    you have high damage/affliction capacity
    Monks only have a high affliction capacity in groups because a few telepathy abilities complement certain other affliction classes.  There's not much they can do with their afflictions on their own right now though, making telepathy monks fairly non-viable outside of group scenarios.
    KaraiXliNiraaeth
  • XliXli Member Posts: 354 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    The advantage of a telepathy monk as it stands at the moment, other than helping with other afflction classes, is the pool of mana from which to transmute.
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
    What, the extremely high damage/mana drain mind crushing and 35%+ LoS asphyxiation damage through kaichoke is not an advantage?

The ability to absorb insane amounts of damage from focused main targets through mind empathy and tank it all with splitting mana regen and transmuting is not an advantage?

Tekura is not even that bad at 12 strength. It really isn't. It's not like speccing int magically removes your ability to combine telepathy with tekura, or stagger the two. You're not going to end up like Nemutaur as int spec sure, but you're going to bring a whole lot more to a group than a tekura monk does in most situations. I would agree with both of you if tekura was somehow gimpy/non-viable at low strength, but that's just not the case at all.
  • JhuiJhui Member Posts: 1,958 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    int/eq monk is one of the most fun things in the world.

mind command is fast enough to use on every combo, telepathy can be done prone and quickly hinder your opponent while they're trying to finish a setup.

you can do things like enfeeble/crush/choke after a sip/moss and complete all 3 before they are able to sip again (instakills a few people).

In melee you don't have to worry about being hindered because you're just an enfeeble/choke bot with likely higher or equivalent DPS than axk/bbt bots.

Haldon
    Not saying that tele/kaido monks are bad by any means. But they'll certainly struggle to get kills in 1v1 fights without being heavily artied.
    JhuiNiraaeth
    I have this dream-place where I imagine everybody has no/all of the artefacts so that classes can be discussed for what they are without artefacts continually being hinged on as a justification for why things are the way they are. I played an unartied telepathy monk for the better part of 6 months in near constant raid scenarios, with even a little bit of 1v1 mixed in for good measure (admittedly very little). I had no problem executing the same break patterns that other more artied Tekura monks suggested, and my telepathy was pretty decent overall.

Of all the classes I've ever played, it certainly felt like one of the strongest unartied, and I never sat back and felt like I was missing out on much, especially when I could transmute through damage bursts with a pre-Logosian mana pool and have most of the mana back 2 seconds later thanks to mana prio, moss and splitting. Aruging that telepathy monks are sub-par is ridiculous.
    Aclarion
Sign In to Comment.