Version 2.1 of Achaea Client

As per announce #3970, there's a new version of the Achaea client. Screenshot attached!

This would be a good place to post suggestions for new client features and/or client changes.

Comments

• I'm not sure I could play with you staring at me the whole time.

(seriously though looks great)
  • First, I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but the who list on the bottom right still shows the complete who lists while I'm in my bed. When I use those commands in-game I get "Nothing penetrates the privacy of the bedroom."

Second, I love the inventory menu on the side, but would it be possible to separate worn items from the rest of your inventory?

• Looks beautiful! Great work!
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • @Hayte That's a good idea really. I think we're also going to make a settings option to toggle item #s showing there too. 
  • edited October 2013
    Feedback from quick use:

I love the balance/equilibrium indicators. So useful! Especially in big fights when those things can be hard to see with all the scroll.

The toggle log button is much more intuitive now. The log length could be a pain if logging big fights from what I saw though. Good for conversations.

The unread messages icon is really nice! I sometimes miss the unread message line when logging in, and having it there is really nice.

More space for seeing what's in the room is pretty cool. At uni, I found that window was smaller on the screen there and it could be a hassle. On the downside of that, I'm not sure how I feel about the health/mana bars being just above the input. It sort of separates it from the output screen, but it also creates a lot of noise colour-wise where you're trying to read the output, but I'll reserve judgement and see if I get used to it!

I like the changes to the settings menu too. Should be easier for newer players to get their heads around early.

All in all, liking the changes!

Edit: Client suggestions and changes:

Custom tabs
    A way to walk as fast as they do on mudlet *eyeshift*
    A way to match the input when coding? (Not sure if this is already possible. e.g if user inputs the a command, it does something rather than waits for the output to match before doing something)
    Access to gag and hilight functions for custom scripts outside of the stock triggers.

In terms of layout, maybe have the triggers tab the first tab top right once you've completed those tasks.

Further edit: Maybe having the prompt lines on as default.
  • edited October 2013
    After using it for awhile the only thing I would personally like to change is since I don't use the Tasks/Quests/Skills/Triggers windows it'd be great if the communication window could be toggled to fill the entire right side space if the upper window (tasks/quests/skills/triggers) is turned off.

I think a lot of seasoned players wouldn't be using those four top right windows anyway. The rest of the windows are still useful but those seem aimed more at newer players.

Nevermind realized the ability was already there I just didn't see it. Works great!
  • Alright, I made and alt to try a class for multiclass just so I know what all classes are like right. I'm trying this new Achaea client and I have always been a fan of the new client. Unfortunately I found something that makes me extremely sad with it.

Vastar's abs are not a Character Avatar selection....I mean srsly how do you expect me to look at one of these faces when dem abs....mmmmm.

(╯° _°)╯︵ ┻━┻ I had to bring it up, you know it's on your mind.

• Sarapis said:
    You could always clip vastar's abs and upload them as your own avatar.
    Nice, yes. I will be doing that now.
  • I really like the changes and I think it is much more practical and functional. My only suggestion at the moment is if it is possible to either:

a) make it possible to move/resize the avatar box in addition to the health/mana/endurance/willpower bars and equilibrium and balance icons; or

b) have all the above accompany the resize/movement of the main box and text parser; or

c) make the avatar box able to move/resize by itself.

Any one of these would prevent the overlapping of the text parser over the avatar, when the main box is being resized/moved. Not sure which would be the best or practical option. maybe a)?

cheers!
  • Is it possible to have the Level / Experience that shows at the bottom of the client to automatically update as you're gaining experience? Without having to type SCORE to force it to update? If not, I think that would make a good feature request :)
  • @Ethryx Yes, we should really do that. Not hard actually.

@Zarco Can look at that stuff, yep.
  • Is or can there be a clan for people to ask scripting questions when they've no experience with coding? I think that was the biggest hurdle to using the client, I find it difficult to understand manual instructions myself if there's not someone who's able to explain it in another way or give a different example.
  • That's really nice... the question is, can systems be made as well in this as in mudlet? If so, someone needs to make one!

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• I try to make stuff, for it but I think I confuse myself on it. It should be noted I know next to zero about making a system I can make triggers and variables and functions but putting them together is what confuses me.
  • @Katzchen There was this discussion here, started by @Renoir

Not heard anything since, but would be lovely to see it made!

• Katzchen said:
    That's really nice... the question is, can systems be made as well in this as in mudlet? If so, someone needs to make one!
    I've managed to cobble together some basic curing systems based off the autosipper provided. Still a lot of work to do on them though, and I've made some very basic mistakes I need to fix just because I have only been playing Achaea for a couple of months (e.g. I didn't realize voyria sipping didn't use sip balance, etc.). Plus it's missing a lot of hunting trigger lines at this stage. I wouldn't mind getting willing (or unwilling >_>) volunteers to try it out sometime once I have time to fix some of the more glaring problems, just to get feedback on what needs to be added.
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    When resizing the main window, it appears to resize the day/night identifier at the bottom of the screen. If the main window is stretched entirely to the right, the day/night moves to be underneath the buttons for logging, scripts, mute, and they become unclickable, with the hover only telling you if it is day or night. Is there anyway the day/night could be made to not respect the main window size?
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • Katzchen said:
    That's really nice... the question is, can systems be made as well in this as in mudlet? If so, someone needs to make one!
    Yes. It'd be done a little differently, but you can write a fully fledged system in javascript. Hell, you can with just variables and if statements - everything else just makes it simpler.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • I've spent a very small amount of time playing around with the client, and had a relatively big issue when journaling. The dialog that's spawned is awesome, but when trying to scroll back up in the main window to check something it disappeared, and I couldn't see an obvious way to get it back up. It also caused havoc with trying to enter commands to cancel editing my journal since there was no actual output (I imagine it was still being sent to the spawned dialog). Not a huge issue for me since I remember the commands, but I can see some new players having issues with that.

Other than that, auto-update on XP would be really nice (I'm aware this has been mentioned already). The previous version had it for the percentage, but the level wouldn't update until you checked SCORE.
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    edited November 2013
    I was toying with journaling too, I found that if you write in the composition window and click save composition, it appears to take you to blank nothing, still within the editor. If you scroll up, or have the prompt activated, you will see that it takes you to the 'do you really want to save yes/no' prompt, but that is lost if you are using the client promptless.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • edited January 2014
    I'm new here, and the new UI is the only one I know. Running this on Chrome (not sure if it makes a difference) I noticed a couple of issues. Clicking on the Settings icon doesn't do anything, and the triggers tab is well, kinda wasted, since I see no way to put anything in there. Also I have no option to move the status bar nor the portrait.

Would be cool if the input bar could be moved seperate from the main window as well, if nothing else but to close the gaps there.

Also, the windows and such don't seem to save between sessions, so I have to reset everything by hand every time I close the browser and open it later.
  • Clicking on settings should open up a new chrome tab with the settings window in it. Do you have something installed that might block that from happening?
  • I believe Chrome might block tabs from opening off of a script by default. When you click, look for a little tab icon with a red x on the right if your address bar, by the favorites icon, and click the link in the status message it'll pop up that it blocked a tab from opening. That should open the tab that once, if that's what it is.

The triggers are just a little awkward at first, but they weren't that bad to figure out; I think you have to click on a button to add a new trigger text. I'm on my phone so I can't really look it up right now, sorry

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • We're right in the middle of substantial revamps to the client backend (redid how text rendering on it works) that have made it more responsive, as well as very substantial revamps to the scripting, to make it more powerful and also easier to use. For instance, recursive grouping support for aliases, keybindings, triggers, etc, drag and drop between them, optional case sensitivity for matching types, backreferences for regular expression ($0, $1, $2 in the replacement text), etc.
  • Don't know if it's possible or workable, but I tried logging in with chrome from my iPad and it gave some error about screen size and then killed chrome.

I think one of the major advantages of this client over mudlet could be access to it while on the go, I.e. When I don't have my laptop with me. So it would be great if that could be made to work.
This discussion has been closed.