Shop of Wonders - What are you hoping for?

Comments

• For the help scroll to be updated. I was confused as hell for about three minutes while I re-figured out what the bait hook did.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • I'd like the Estachian feedbags to be brought back and reduced in price. Maybe reduce it to 1 crown, but in exchange it's single-use this time, no way to recover it after it's attached.
  • Sena said:
    I'd like the Estachian feedbags to be brought back and reduced in price. Maybe reduce it to 1 crown, but in exchange it's single-use this time, no way to recover it after it's attached.
    RIP Estach. :(
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • The something of something - usable once per day, you can lay this whatever in a room and it acts as an alarm vibe or trap. 
  • @Penwize I'm starting to feel like the new artifact packages that never came.
  • ...you realize that we DID get one batch of 'new' SoW wares, right? The clasp, the hook and the other thing.

• Anaidiana said:
    ...you realize that we DID get one batch of 'new' SoW wares, right? The clasp, the hook and the other thing.
    That was before this announcement.  The new batch of wares you mention was announce #3947 on 09/26/2013.  The announcement that we'd be getting another batch was announce #3950 on 10/01/2013.
  • ...fair enough. Alright. I want new wares now too, then. >.>

• Penwize said:
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #3950 said:
    Additionally, I'm pleased to announce the extension of our Mayan Crown promotion through October. Keep your eyes peeled for new items in the Shop of Wonders in the coming weeks!
    When is this happening? Only one week left! :(
    They probably ran into difficulties coding the Bow of Eagles. (All arrows fired from the Bow of Eagles turn into eagles that attack your opponent.)
  • RyldaghRyldagh Ontario, Canada
    This.

This has me getting excited every single time I see my browser plugin, while I'm at work, tell me that I have something new.

I click it, thinking "awwwwright, Shop of Wonders, about time.  Wonder what's in it?"

Usually it's just a message.  And most of the time, it's a message from a street urchin no less.  But sometimes, it's an announcement, and then I get all excited, click it and see...

Well, I've never been so disappointed to see classlead posts before.  Normally I find them to be quite interesting, even for classes that I've never played and perhaps never will (at least until Multiclassing drops)...

Only 9 days left in October, and the crowns that I've been dumping credits on every time I see them go up on market are burning a hole in my pocket.  I want, nay, need my character to be poor once more so that I can go ham on rebuilding my pile of money.

• I'd like for the frankly ridiculous equilibrium time on the scrying bowl to be reduced. I just can't bring myself to spend the equivalent of 180 to 240 credits on scry when it's a ~2 second equilibrium.

Since that doesn't seem likely to happen, something cool I can't currently think of or something that other people want so the price of Mayan crowns goes up.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Antonius said:

I'd like for the frankly ridiculous equilibrium time on the scrying bowl to be reduced. I just can't bring myself to spend the equivalent of 180 to 240 credits on scry when it's a ~2 second equilibrium.

Since that doesn't seem likely to happen, something cool I can't currently think of or something that other people want so the price of Mayan crowns goes up.

It's the same time as farseeing, no?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    I'd like for the frankly ridiculous equilibrium time on the scrying bowl to be reduced. I just can't bring myself to spend the equivalent of 180 to 240 credits on scry when it's a ~2 second equilibrium.

It's the same time as farseeing, no?
    The EQ on scrying bowl is over twice as long as farsee. Not sure on the exact times at all, but off the top of my head it's like 1s vs 2.5s.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • RomRom
    edited October 2013
    Double post, but:

ANNOUNCE NEWS #3968                                     (10/23/2013 at 00:48)  
    From   : Tecton, the Terraformer
    To     : Everyone
    Subject: Updated Shop of Wonders Wares
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We're pleased to announce the release of an updated batch of Shop of Wonders wares! The details are as follows:

A maritime ledger: 5 Mayan Crowns
       - This hardy leather ledger will keep track of the current ship trading deals at the different ports around Achaea. Simply READing it will display the desired cargo and rewards for that month.

New elixirs: 1 Mayan Crown
       - Sipping these elixirs will grant an bonus to the consumer for 12 Achaean days (12 hours) - each vial contains 5 sips.

Elixir of life enhancement - bonus experience
       Elixir of the lucky - critical hit bonus.
       Elixir of the ogre - strength bonus.
       Elixir of the pixie - dexterity bonus.
       Elixir of the hunter - constitution bonus.
       Elixir of Epicurus - intelligence bonus.

Wooden Ocarina: 4 Mayan Crowns
       - These instruments are attuned to a particular environment, and when played, will summon a small wild creature from that biome to follow the summoner for one hour. Should you lose your companion, just play the ocarina once more to summon it back to you.

Caves (Underground) - a furry mole.
       Forests - a tiny chipmunk.
       Breakers (Beach) - a hermit crab.
       Deserts - a frill-necked lizard.
       Plains (Grassland) - a deer mouse.
       Swamps - a green frog.
       Jungles - a multicoloured gecko.
       Gardens - a small swallow.

Penned by My hand on the 20th of Ero, in the year 638 AF.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • Penwize said:

Penwize said:
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #3950 said:
    Additionally, I'm pleased to announce the extension of our Mayan Crown promotion through October. Keep your eyes peeled for new items in the Shop of Wonders in the coming weeks!
    When is this happening? Only one week left! :(
    They probably ran into difficulties coding the Bow of Eagles. (All arrows fired from the Bow of Eagles turn into eagles that attack your opponent.)
    Damnit @Silas!
    Hey @Penwize, what level are you now?

You're welcome. B-)

• edited October 2013
    Triak said:
    Underwhelmed, again.  :-q
    I like them, but all of them seem pretty overpriced this time. The ledger and ocarina should be 2-3 crowns each, the elixirs should last maybe twice as long.
  • The elixirs are ridiculous. A way to pay for temp combat buffs on demand is such a stupid concept.

• Silas said:
    The elixirs are ridiculous. A way to pay for temp combat buffs on demand is such a stupid concept.
    Six crowns for a truefavour? Don't mind if I do, I don't have a god that dispenses them like candy.

• When I first saw the new items, I was moreso interested in the Ocarina. Sure, it's 4 Mayan Crowns - but it could be used to add such flavor to my character! Discovering the beauty of music and all that, right? Sure, the animals are useless - but they're a neat addition to a performance! I mean, it's kind of cool to be able to summon different animals from different biomes, right?

..Oh, wait. You can only summon ONE type of animal, from ONE biome. You don't get to summon eight little useless critters from eight different biomes - you only get one. For 4 Mayan Crowns.

NOPE.

Seems like the Shop of Wonders promotion is a moderate to severe case of NOPE.

And there's a whole lot of NOPE where that came from. So if you guys need some more NOPE, I'll be here with my stash of NOPE. Just call me the NOPE dispensary, the NOPE dealer.

NOPE NOPE NOPE.

• The ocarina doesn't lock you into one option permanently, does it? Just one at a time?
  • Bronislav said:
    When I first saw the new items, I was moreso interested in the Ocarina. Sure, it's 4 Mayan Crowns - but it could be used to add such flavor to my character! Discovering the beauty of music and all that, right? Sure, the animals are useless - but they're a neat addition to a performance! I mean, it's kind of cool to be able to summon different animals from different biomes, right?

..Oh, wait. You can only summon ONE type of animal, from ONE biome. You don't get to summon eight little useless critters from eight different biomes - you only get one. For 4 Mayan Crowns.

NOPE.

And there's a whole lot of NOPE where that came from. So if you guys need some more NOPE, I'll be here with my stash of NOPE. Just call me the NOPE dispensary, the NOPE dealer.

NOPE NOPE NOPE.
    Trying too hard.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    No, there's one kind of ocarina for each biome. More-over, it doesn't seem to (presently) follow you or can be summoned outside of its biome, or so I've heard. Not sure, not willing to buy one until I get more info.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • That sounds horrible for 4 crowns. That's more like a 1 crown item, and even then it could use some upgrades, if all of that is accurate.
  • Silas said:
    Bronislav said:
    When I first saw the new items, I was moreso interested in the Ocarina. Sure, it's 4 Mayan Crowns - but it could be used to add such flavor to my character! Discovering the beauty of music and all that, right? Sure, the animals are useless - but they're a neat addition to a performance! I mean, it's kind of cool to be able to summon different animals from different biomes, right?

NOPE.

NOPE NOPE NOPE.
    Trying too hard.
    Maybe, but THAT is the depths of my disappointment in these items. I'd say that the people in charge of the promotion should know better, but Globes of Shifting Continents are being sold at 2 Mayan Crowns apiece. So maybe I should know better. :(

• Bronislav said:
    Silas said:
    Bronislav said:

NOPE.

NOPE NOPE NOPE.
    Trying too hard.
      NOPE
    I saw something broken and fixed it~
  • Daeir said:
    Well, that was disappointing. Truefavor-in-a-can is about the most useful thing to be bought with crowns thus far, but I don't like that they're all apparently expendable. Maybe have them fill with one sip a week or something?
    They would be crazy powerful if they regenerated. You'd effectively be paying 1 crown for a timeshare on a level 1 stat artifact, that stacks with artifacts and all other stat buffs.
    Bronislav said:

You can only summon ONE type of animal, from ONE biome. You don't get to summon eight little useless critters from eight different biomes - you only get one. For 4 Mayan Crowns.
    Pet-zoo entourages of are already out of control, with a huge number of resetting loyals that last forever. The limitations associated with ocarinas indicate that they are realising that and trying to reel it in a little, although you could still argue that the thing doesn't need to exist at all. (I'd be more excited if it was a Woodlore ability or something.)
    Ruth said:
    5 crowns for that maritime ledger isn't very worth, given there's only two ports with trade deals daily. Expensive laziness! Unless we're looking at opening more ports with deals?!
    I'm a little concerned that ledgers undermine one of the balancing factors of ship trade deals, potentially serving as the same initial investment = free money button as trader's satchels, but I'm not sure how it will work out in practise.