Combat Logs

Comments

• I used incinerate on him. All I had to do was get him below half health. With Forrest hitting him as well, it did not take long.

• No forest defs and no soulpiercers Kalvon. If you had those, our unartied Proficy would die pretty fast to your damage too.
  • Don't need forest defs or soulpiercers, just need a pair of Salik forged rapiers =)
  • No one who's good in their heads will bother forging those kinda rapiers Salik! 
    It takes less time to take a couple extra shifts and buy the arties. :)
  • But level 3 artie rapiers got less DPS than mine. So you could take a couple extra shifts and buy them from me =) also why would you buy level 3 rapiers that's worse than the rapiers you could forge?
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    If you factor in how often you miss with forged rapiers your DPS might be lower on say serpents or mounted opponents.  I think you still hit quite a bit with clumsiness if you have soulpiercers.  That said, buying text swords for $928 (@29 cents per credit without factoring in promotions/elite) doesn't make sense to me either.
  • If you add in I miss once in a while I still got higher dps than level 3 rapiers. Also I do not miss much. So 928$ vs steel and forging.
    Depends on who but I miss mounted serpents with weaving and trans avoidance a bunch.  Your DPS on someone unmounted without trans avoidance would no doubt exceed that of soulpiercers.
  • People are generally willing to pay more for artefact rapiers than forged, stats aside, because they'll never decay.
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • Salik, your rapiers will decay. Then you have to make new ones. SP's ftw.
  • That is why I'm setting aside a month or two to forge rapiers. I'm trying to get 2 more pairs of rapiers like this and store them in a stockroom. Then after 500 RL days my first set decays I can pull out the next pair and got another 500 RL days to use those. =) I love having better rapiers than level 3 artefacts
  • Hi Salik.
  • Except you don't.

For reasons listed above.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• If you keep the rapiers in bags of stasis and never touch them, yes, they will last 500 days.

• Stockroom;qq
  • Sohl said:
    People are generally willing to pay more for artefact rapiers than forged, stats aside, because they'll never decay.
    And I get to make them look pretty. :')
  • what artefacts would a mage who wants to get into combat get?
  • Diadem, collar if wants easy, torc if wants initially hard then super easy once you learn what you're doing.

Sash if you can afford it, but collar is best value when trying to boost your damage.

SoA for defence.

• how much would all this be?
    Tanris said:

Diadem, collar if wants easy, torc if wants initially hard then super easy once you learn what you're doing.

Sash if you can afford it, but collar is best value when trying to boost your damage.

SoA for defence.

• Less if you buy it before the end of the month.

All of it? um

Diadem 850.

Collar 800-1600 (level 2 and level 3 respectively).

Sash 1250-2500 (level 2/3 respectively, don't get 3).

Torc 700

SoA 500.

• Tanris hit it on the nose.

If you can figure out why Tanris separated the two setups then you're off to a good start.
    -----------------------------
    @DontarionDrakor for twitter boredom.

• Do yourself a favor: Custom staff, 50 credits.

Looks badass, no longer decays.

• why not level 3?
    Tanris said:

Less if you buy it before the end of the month.

All of it? um

Diadem 850.

Collar 800-1600 (level 2 and level 3 respectively).

Sash 1250-2500 (level 2/3 respectively, don't get 3).

Torc 700

SoA 500.

diminishing returns I assume.  Also big price difference to go from 2 to 3.
  • edited August 2012
    what do these artefacts do?

• Jespar, your avatar is kinda cute.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    edited August 2012
    @Jespar: Level three is regarded as having a poor benefit per dollar.

Artefact descriptions (tried to copy and paste, but the post limit was too short):

Use Ctrl-F to search for each. Note: SoA is short for "shield of absorption".

Basically:

• Collars increase magical damage.
    • Diadems decrease equilibrium recovery time.
    • Sashes increase intelligence.
    • Torcs let you use mind paralyse and mind stupidity on people.
    • An SoA is shorthand for "shield of absorption". Probably one of the best artefacts available. When wielded, it completely absorbs the damage from 15% of physical attacks. It does not stop afflictions, however.
  • Level 3 is more of a "once you have everything else". Essentially, you're paying 1250 credits extra for minimal benefit.
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    Agreeing with @Tanris. Thankfully, you can purchase an upgrade for the difference. It used to be that you had to take a penalty in credits to upgrade, but not anymore. Level 2 is the way to go, and then upgrade to level 3. I will also advise that I often purchase level 1 arties and upgrade those, as there is no penalty.