Simple Ideas

Comments

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    An ability in Augmentation to REMOVE ENCHANTMENT FROM <item>, please!
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Add an Ambient option to Tunnelvision which filters out environment messages such as city noise, weather messages, etc. Anything ambiance related that would just clutter a screen.

• Would really love a nametells option that allows you to send tells by name without TELL, but only when you use a full name(or at least a configurable number of characters). For example: You could use NAZIHK Stuff! to send him a tell, but NA Stuff! wouldn't work because there is nobody named NA. I'm very surprised this isn't already a thing?
  • KezKez
    edited November 2016
    @Vessil put a period on the end of the name!
    That actually only helps with mistells relating to similar names though.
    I'll see myself out.
    edited November 2016
    Aerek said:
    Kresslack said:
    Add an Ambient option to Tunnelvision which filters out environment messages such as city noise, weather messages, etc. Anything ambiance related that would just clutter a screen.
    I'd be disappointed to hear of folks turning off ambiance and such by default, but I would appreciate a re-write of that ambiance code so that when it fired, everyone in the room saw it. I'm pretty sure that 99% of every Achaea player, ever, has made the mistake of reacting to a room ambiance message, not realizing that no one else in the room sees the ambiance that you see at any given time.
    It's Tunnelvision. I just think it would be nice to hide general ambiance messages as an option when using Tunnelvision during combat.

• I'm thinking it would now be very nice to have a housing room upgrade that makes the room permanently darkened, suitable for shadowmancy abilities.
  • Depthswalker class section on forums, please!
    @Makarios @Nicola @Sarapis @whoeverisinchargeofforums
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Shop log to shops please. I will keep mention about this whenever I enter at forums.
  • Would like to see lightsources like lanterns that could be put up in cities, for example, so brand new newbies, for example, don't need to grope their way through the streets when depthswalkers are in town.
  • 9 lessons to nightsight, add it to your HHELP <classname> files.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Doesn't help brand new newbies that have to go to cities on the tour before they learn anything.
  • But lanterns and whatnot would completely ruin the aspect of DW's. You would have to make it either shadow or not in certain rooms, not a mix of both, so those would be 'safe' rooms for people fighting DW's. It just doesn't make sense. A lot easier to just tell your newbies that ask why they can't see that they need 9 lessons. 
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Why would they be safe rooms? I'm just talking about being able to see the exits.
  • Then just make exits visible through shadow? Rather than implement a completely new feature. I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're saying...
    Kez said:
    Would like to see lightsources like lanterns that could be put up in cities, for example, so brand new newbies, for example, don't need to grope their way through the streets when depthswalkers are in town.
    This doesn't say anything about exits, just light sources to make it so you can see. 
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Omor said:
    Then just make exits visible through shadow? Rather than implement a completely new feature. I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're saying...
    Kez said:
    Would like to see lightsources like lanterns that could be put up in cities, for example, so brand new newbies, for example, don't need to grope their way through the streets when depthswalkers are in town.
    This doesn't say anything about exits, just light sources to make it so you can see. 
    Light sources aren't a new feature. They exist. Whether or not they are actually functional is a completely different issue.

• Ah, my mistake then. Still seems silly to me, but I don't make the decisions either. I think just making exits show through shadow would be easier, but then again, I've never actually seen what shadow looks like. Perma-nightsight.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Magnar said:
    Shop log to shops please. I will keep mention about this whenever I enter at forums.
    I have thought about this a lot, and there is nothing that shop logs would do that good bookkeeping does. I don't think that it is necessary for the game to do the bookkeeping for us. It is nice that sales in carts are logged so that we can restock in a timely manner, but shop logs are not needed, sorry to disagree, Magnar. 

If you want to know how to keep track I can talk to you picky about how I do it. Drop me a pm.
    Kez said:
    Grove quarterstaves are lanterns. When one is in a room (held by anyone, or dropped), no one in the room needs nightsight.

Obviously, that functionality could be extended to regular items, like candles and lamps? But for the sake of not cluttering rooms enough as is, best option might be giving totems that ability?
  • Krypton said:
    Kez said:
    Grove quarterstaves are lanterns. When one is in a room (held by anyone, or dropped), no one in the room needs nightsight.

Obviously, that functionality could be extended to regular items, like candles and lamps? But for the sake of not cluttering rooms enough as is, best option might be giving totems that ability?
    I like totems having that ability, but we do already have lamps, it would be nice for them to be functional.

I just tested candles. Candles do that, too. Kalavia's lamps do not, yet.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    By the by, you can use both MAP and EXITS (short: X) in darkness.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Krypton said:
    I just tested candles. Candles do that, too. Kalavia's lamps do not, yet.
    Ah! Awesome. I thought it was weird! I tested with a candle from Khalys and a lamp from Kalavia.
    Not all candles made equal, it seems. Fragrance/scented candles are lanterns, but Khalys' candles and the Bazaar candles are not.
  • edited November 2016
    Lisbethae said:
    Magnar said:
    Shop log to shops please. I will keep mention about this whenever I enter at forums.
    I have thought about this a lot, and there is nothing that shop logs would do that good bookkeeping does. I don't think that it is necessary for the game to do the bookkeeping for us. It is nice that sales in carts are logged so that we can restock in a timely manner, but shop logs are not needed, sorry to disagree, Magnar. 

If you want to know how to keep track I can talk to you picky about how I do it. Drop me a pm.
    I have my own ways to track my sales now, but I still believe that a shoplog is needed for shops. It's needed for making shopkeeping easy for everyone. If there is log for carts, i believe there is a double standart. :D Like you have told "game shouldn't bookkeep for us" at all or it should do for every kind of shops.  I don't think that everyone are experienced like you or me or some others at shopkeeping. I believe you are thinking just one sided about this. Keeping logs at journals doesn't make any sense or keeping logs with ooc ways like notepad, word, etc. I believe these are kind of abuse about usage of journals and rp :D
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I mean, shop logs totally arent necessary. Shopkeepers have been proving that for years.

On the other hand, they -would- be a nice QoL addition, especially for less experienced shopkeepers.
    Huh. Neat.
    Shop logs have been on 'The List' forever. Though, I'm not really sure the status of said list anymore as it's no longer pinned and changes have been made to staff. Is this still being used as a reference, @Nicola?

• Krypton said:
    Not all candles made equal, it seems. Fragrance/scented candles are lanterns, but Khalys' candles and the Bazaar candles are not.
    What about the candles from White Flames ?