*Lord Sartan, Mhaldor, Events, and Great Rewards*

edited May 2013 in North of Thera
This could have gone a few places, but the forums have an open bar, so let's get started.

First and foremost, Lord Sartan, who has always been here, feels its time to change things up a bit. Mhaldor is His, and with that, your sweet little money maker too. His involvement is a blessing, and as such, be on your best and I promise if you are doing your part, He most certainly has no reason to hold back on empowering you to perform even better. Those are the perks we Mhaldorians work hard for, now its time to spread some of the love around. You fanatical die hards out there are to be moved to the front of the line. Those of you that have trouble hearing my orders, of that of my Viceroy's, I pluck you up like a weed and put the hot shot all star making you look bad in your spot. Trust me, I have every bit of confidence my interpretation of this place is one of His making. Sandbagging, dragging ass, and showing me you want to passively resist utter obedience calls will be smashed and replaced. Its not so much we have a discipline problem, rather than I don't tolerate mere "getting by." Yes, I will replace you if you are doing your job. If you are bringing in your grain quota. Because I promise you the next nug in line would be happy to make you look like soup sandwich when he brings home more bacon for papa.  I expect more than the mere standard. Brutality? Overexpectations? Wrong again. I will always have the advantage that is the ace of spades: utter service to Sartan and actions only that empower Him are my interpretations of the Seven Truths, and I'm the bad cop to His good cop, thats the nature of the mortal and his flirtations with human emotions. History will prove you wrong, get on board. Lord comes first, the city grows in power, and we are all going to benefit.

You guys are kicking ass. This isn't being critical of you or any one person, this is what we do, and being called on to do more require action is what He wants and doing otherwise is just showing me yes men and no men, honestly. You are promised good clean fun OOC and any hurt feelings or trouble gets put on non Mhaldorian player-denizens as I call them. Those punching bags are here for your enjoyment. Love your fellow citizen, save your moon kicks and shrub story making pointed East like the good family you are. Political reliability, service to the Master, and loyalty are measuring sticks used to see whos going up the ladder. Your name, your personal background, all that is irrelevant. No good ol boy system, no cronyism, and certainly no clique or grudge will ever have any influence or safe place to hide with me around. You show me loyalty and I show you a man that was right, and He will nod at you with approval. The slave and Troni among you walks the future Tyrannus and Viceroy. Maintain these ethics, or go back to corruption and blasphemy. It is just better this way, and now we only focus on the God, and you can relax because your life is clearer. Bottom line, your God walks among you now, Lord Sartan is here, and so we celebrate Him and His city.

I want to hear from you OOC, from Malefic and Grunt, to you extremely valuable Troni's and Dynamis, all the way up to the big kids. What sort of player ran competitions do -you- want to engage in for some of the best prizes in our history? You tell me, on this thread, what makes you have fun in Mhaldor, from a competition standpoint, purely related to our faction. Whatever we come up with, it will be balanced so that dragons and slaves really don't have an advantage or a weakness, your combat ability will help you, but this is a race that gives the everyday man a shot at glory. You tell me what you want, and I'll take your motivation as a clear sign that I was right to offer the following to you.

GRAND PRIZE 
Apple iPad Mini

Brand new, from the factory, mailed straight to you for our Grand Prize Winner. Black/Slate or White/Silver. Custom engraving comes free, with the choices:

- "From the Shitty Leader"
- "He said 64GB, that fucking liar."
- "Is this really from Apple -or his neighbor's house?"

No, whatever your heart desires goes there. Just know deep down, this is a faction that cares about you, you are family. Push our ways well into the future, and pay it forward. 

Don't ask about details, just -win- first. Your participation in this thread, your motivation to spur others to action, and your part in celebrating our Lord will up the ante, I promise you.
Will only be referenced IG by the token that validates it: a slate knight figurine, or a silver knight figurine. Please keep OOC where it belongs.

FIRST PRIZE 
Achaean Artefact - Earrings of Sinope
CUSTOMIZED: The Sigil of Lord Sartan Medallion (no longer earrings)

By popular demand, aka Bonko the Bold, earrings are in hot demand and on the subject of efficiency and doubling down -we help 2 Mhaldorians with this prize! Also,
because your Tyrannus won't have you prancing around looking like a sissy ladyboy, I'm gonna man you up a bit and give the rare and legal image only I can give: The 
Black Hand emblem of Lord Sartan, on a medallion. Your ears will be clean of piercings, giving off that clean cut military appearance. 
(2x) Subject to appearance changes. (Female winner consideration: see me in private should you win)

SECOND PRIZE
Achaean Artefact - Earrings of Sinope
Earrings of Sinope (2x)

Popular demand is no joke, and again we empower two citizens for one. Pick that dirtbag wisely, and make sure you both have shelf life. Remember, if you have this
artefact already, you're gonna be a hot little bitch with a second set. Truthfully, you know I'll make things right. But please do not discuss anything about these artifacts
in the thread, you will disrespect me when you do it, so please just wait until you actually are in a position to be receiving them. 

THIRD PRIZE
CREDITS -300 count-
Shiny Credits, Lord Sartan on one side, Captain Picard on the other

FOURTH PRIZE
CREDITS -150 count-
Shiny Credits, Jurixe gank smile on one side, Kaevan facepalming on the other

FIFTH PRIZE
CREDITS -75 count-
Shiny Credits, Ruth with spyglass on bow of ship on one side, Kinilan on a liferaft on the other

********PRIZES SIX thru TEN  TBA!********

NON-MHALDORIANS
CREDITS  -NONE-
Don't worry you glorified denizens, the celebration I offer extends to you as well. 
Papamorph left a fresh batch of hepatitis on the toilet seat. You guys can claim your prize right now.

Nothing is set in stone yet, the timetable has many factors effecting it. Know that I run a tight ship and I am extremely busy. You guys need to remember that I am never ignoring you, and that I depend on you to use your chain of command so your leaders are in the know, and you are doing your jobs. This has to happen so that you have my best. Your Viceroy's are an outstanding  team of individuals fully hand picked by God Himself. You are to use them, as they are fully empowered and backed by me to act as they need. This event doesn't come into play until a Mhaldorian city post kicks it off. I'll be as prompt as possible, but remember, there are things behind the scenes that come first in Mhaldor, and His desires will place yours second every single time, its just what we do.

Remember guys, the city does this all for you, and its a fun chance to get involved and help your faction grow as a team, and celebrate in unity our God who is with us, who was always with us, and whom we must never forget. You have no idea what it is like to lose Lord Sartan, and I never want that for you. Show eachother loyalty, show the Master loyalty, and show the same to your leaders. Mhaldor is always going to be a reflection of its player base and the ethics that the leaders enforce, or ignore. I have a great respect for each and everyone in my faction, and you guys are the reason Achaea will outlive PS4, let alone all the other ones that came and went. To you guys that said it was a stupid decision to put faith in me, I will never give in to the baiting, and I offer you my hand and support if you want to come home. I'll show you the brotherhood I want from you the next and final time. This is a faction that stands as one, or its purposely sabotaging Lord Sartan's combat team, that he is owed.

I want to see some good ideas, remember, this is supposed to be fun, competitive and not a pain in the ass. So I leave it to you, you tell me what floats your boat, and be creative. I for one, demand a series of events or culturally significant events rather than a lone game or event. A format like that we can stretch out of a one year interval will provide us anticipation and enjoyable time frame to reflect on why we are doing all this: Because the Mhaldorian Government, every single last Minister and Viceroy, honor not only you as hard working citizens, but the fact He has returned, and He has returned pleased with your progress. I will guard you fiercely and advocate for you, but I will execute all of you, followed by myself, the moment you forget Him.

I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Shit makes less sense than half the gifs I post.

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    The poor person in me wants to answer. On the other hand, I just woke up and am still unsure if I am dreaming.
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Shunsui said:
    I fully expect @Silas to make an offer as good(read: equally insane) or better to the Good people of Targossas. Don't let that crazy Mhaldorian outdo you man.
    Do it @Silas! I Believez in u!
  • Silas said:
    Stop trying to associate Me with this lunacy, please.
    FTFY.
  • HaldonHaldon I forgot...
    Aepas said:
    Can someone make a chronological archive of every post Xenomorph has ever made? I'd like to see if there is a progression to this insanity. At the same time, I feel like if we combined all his posts together, they'd form some kind of megazord post that might be blindingly beautiful and too much for our mortal brains to handle.

Either way, it's got to be one or the other.
    @Xenomorph is Cthulhu, oh damn y'all we better run.
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead.
  • FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    He's not, trust me. I spent weeks back August chanting in R'lyehian near Shallam, and nothing happened. If he was, he'd have smote the city for me.

• HataruHataru Midwest USA
    This thread made me agree with Delphinus, this makes me VERY UNHAPPY.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • Silas said:
    Stop trying to associate me with this lunacy, please.
    Yeah, he has his own brand of lunacy to employ!
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    We all laugh then Ruth shows a pic showing her new iPad mini. D:
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

To make a srs comment I would like to see some things (just to throw it out there) and mostly those things are inter-house activity related or pushing people to get involved with things they normally wouldn't to foster religious growth.

1. I'd love to see Trial of the Five Spires done ever 35 years so that there's about an OOC year in between. Like make it a recurring thing perhaps encompassing idea #2?

2. I'd also love to see a combat competition with a 'winner' who gets a lovely RP-flair title to brandish that's Mdor style. We're such a combat-focused city as a whole that I feel like it'd be nice and a title with a reward always helps to get people interested.

3. I'd also really love to see something promoting sermons and public ritualism again because that really seems to have slunk back to just being done privately within the Clergy or for special-events only and I really find it so important that it be a PUBLICLY active part of Mhaldor.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
    @Daeir I'd really love to get back to those days when that stuff happened in public - the focus on combat is really great in the city, as well as promoting history but I'd really love to see religious things become really popular and promoted again.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    @Hataru:

Regarding #2: Tirac won the last combat competition. That's why he has the title, 'Champion of the Blades' or something.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

@Ruth

I know we have a sort of title, but I mean do it regularly, like full on turn it into a thing not just sorta happen-stance randomly without rhyme or reason beyond we're having some festival.
    Ohhh @Saibel that's something I was thinking about in mine as well, adding some sort of group combat aspect that's more than just random KoTHs. When I was still MoC I really wanted to try and do a Mdor Capture the Flag with 2-3 teams (depending on interest) within the city itself but no one who was above me at that time wanted to approve it :(

More group combat is another thing I'd definitely like to see put forth in Mhaldor to help people learn how to raid/defend as a group better.
  • @hataru @daeir, @kresslack (what they wrote).
    “There is no greater sorrow than thinking back upon a happy time in misery--”

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I had a long post (because my posts are never short) written out here as the head of Cultural Affairs in Mhaldor, but decided I didn't really want to discuss it on the forums, and not in this topic.

Long story short, it's good to see that there's interest in the cultural aspect of Mhaldor, and I'm always open to ideas. There is already a clan dedicated to such activities in the city, and documented evidence on how they each fared. You're more than welcome to send me an IC message about it and see for yourself.

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs