What character class do you enjoy most?

2»

Comments

• YueYue
    edited April 2013
    Antidas said:
    Aepas said:
    Either way, I'm typically a healer/tank/support.
    You realize that nearly every class falls into one of those three categories, right? :D
    classes that don't fit into one of those three categories:
    * magi - burst/nuke
    * rogue - burst/dps
    * knight(agility spec (FF/RO ne1?)) - burst/dps

some healers can tank
    some tanks can dmg
    some fighters can tank
    some supports can tank
    some supports can heal
    some healers can support
    a WoW paladin could be any combination (all 3 even) of healer/support/tank

no support or healer or tank can inflict the raw damage of a magi or fighter class, in just about every game I have played anyway
  • I have always had a fascination/love for hybrid melee/casters or archer/casters.

Spellsword, Arcane Archer, that kind of thing.
  • Antidas said:
    Aepas said:
    Either way, I'm typically a healer/tank/support.
    You realize that nearly every class falls into one of those three categories, right? :D
    Not true.

Healer is just that, a person that heals his allies and party members.
    Tank is a person that has a good proficiency in parrying, is aggressive, slow and ponderous and only causes enough threat to keep his enemies focused on himself.
    Support is typically the one that will be enhancing his allies abilities.

Each of these three skills go more hand in hand, creating classes like Cleric or Shaman (from wow) instead of the other way around, which is that every class falls into these catagories.

I would say that a destruction based mage would not fall under any of these. A rouge is mild support, but more of a "utility" class. Even a fighter doesn't really fall too much under these catagories, as the fighter class is typically more well rounded in forms of DPS and health.

As I said before, examples of Healer/tank/support is:
    Mystic Knight: Dragon's dogma
    Shaman: WoW
    Cleric: DnD
    and I'd say to some extent, druids in achaea as well as other games.

To an extent I can enjoy one side of the spectrum as well.
    Playing a shield/sword knight class is enjoyable for me,
    Divination/alchemy mages
    white mages

Things that would not really fall into this catagory are:
    Saboteurs: Warlocks
    Dex Classes: Ranger, Theif, Rogue, Assassin
    Offensive magic: Destruction, Conjurer, red/black
    dual wielding fighters, monks

I wrote way too much. I was just horribly offended you would consider my favorite classes to be.. any class. We are our own breed, good sir.

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • I don't know why but no matter what game I play I can never ever enjoy any type of ranged. I can't do it (never say can't-well I did!). I tend to enjoy melee and tanking  8->
  • YueYue
    edited April 2013
    @Aepas - too slow and rogues are typically burst-damage/dps, not "utility" or "support"
  • Yue said:
    @Aepas - too slow and rogues are typically burst-damage/dps, not "utility" or "support"
    Depends what you're playing. I'd hardly call a good rogue in DND burst damage, though the backstab is always nice. The real reason you want a rogue is for the trickery and ability to get into places your party could otherwise not access. At least that's usually my experience with playing
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • My general go to class in MMOs are Rangers/Archers. However, if those are not available to me I go the Mage class. Normally a mage that can use powerful magic and might be able to summon a few things.