Guild Wars 2

Comments

• Thinking about picking this up, what's it like? Anyone still play it? How do the servers feel? I've seen a lot of mixed feedback from people who seem to like or dislike different aspects, but there's something to like and dislike about nearly every game.

i'm a rebel

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    you will enjoy it

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Is it ever on sale or anything? I've never seen it in any deals, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

i'm a rebel

• Sometimes it's 50% off. Play Tarnished Coast server

• Ugh, maybe I should redownload. Apparently my A-Team(not Ashtan) themed guild is still going cause they're telling me to come back.

• Where can I find it 50% off?

i'm a rebel

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it

I love it, but simply don't have enough time to play it, Achaea, and the 235436546547 steam games I have now. Would play it more if more people did, but since most of the people I play games with play other things and interaction is a huge thing for me in playing games, that's where I am.

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Tesha said:

Where can I find it 50% off?

Depends on how generous they feel. It randomly pops up on their website

• How's pvp like compared to Achaea? Never really played a person-based MMO (just space ones).

• RuthRuth Singapore

Playing as a thief is freaking hard. I need to try to dodge all the time because I'm such a glass cannon.

Really fun though.

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Definitely worth. I play on Devona's Rest, I believe @Xer and @Ruth still lurk on Devona's Rest, and @erasariel when he gets off his lazy ass. WvW is tons of fun, and has a variety of styles of play... the most common is zerg vs zerg conflicts. Those can sometimes be rofflestomps, to, ten minute hard engages.

There's also structured PvP(spvp) which is more akin to arena fighting. WvW is a more casual form of pvp... more like raiding in Achaea, except no one gets butthurt over it.(helps that there aren't consquences for dieing in wvw, ever since they removed the repair costs, which otherwise was the only penalty outright for dieing... well, that and travel time(or waypoint costs in PvE). PvE is also pretty diverse, especially after they made PvE instances into megaservers instead of seperating it by server. And there's no spawn camping, and etc etc... and of course, once you own it, it's free to play(with microstransaction options that are entirely cosmetic bonuses).

And yeah, you're only likely to see sales on the main website, they seem to come fairly often. You should definitely see one by around 'murican Thanksgiving, that's when I got my copy last year, if not Christmas... if you can wait that long for such an amazay game :3

When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Not sure if anyone is playing this anymore, but I picked it up recently and have a Human Warrior running around Divinity's Reach named Jhaeli Lucoster (I know, I know...) in the Devona's Rest server, as well as an engineer on the side.

Incidentally, this is as dangerously addictive as the first game. 

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Noice, Devona's Rest. Some of us are in it!

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!

Aurora Glade here

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited July 2014
    Jhaeli said:

Not sure if anyone is playing this anymore, but I picked it up recently and have a Human Warrior running around Divinity's Reach named Jhaeli Lucoster (I know, I know...) in the Devona's Rest server, as well as an engineer on the side.

Incidentally, this is as dangerously addictive as the first game. 

@erasariel wants to know your ID @jhaeliso he can invite you to Team Achaea :P (hit y, it should be listed right there in the top left corner. it'll be <name>.#### ... kinda need this to add people to friend's list. I'm daklore.3561 (according to this piece of paper I wrote it on ages ago, I'm not actually in-game right now to check)) ... or I could try and get you into the guild we spend most of our time representing, "Virtual Havoc and Chaos[Havc]"(which is a casual WvW guild that does PvE and the people are pretty awesomesauce).

Either way, yeah :3

• Send it to @Daklore though, not me. My gaming laptop is broken and is currently a thousand or a couple thousand miles away.

• I think I'm going to start playing some again. I have a 100% world completion thief because I'm a nerd.

• I'm working on my last area to get 100% map on my ranger. Partially so I can retire her and move my salvage-o-matic, watchwork pick and golem thresher to my other characters. ... mostly because I'm too lazy to switch to bank every time I log in XD
  • My ID is rainspren.7520 :)

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Fun session of WvW with @Daklore and @Jhaeli tonight. Hope to do that more often!

• Run around and hit things that the rest of the group hits. Works for me.

• RuthRuth Singapore

I probably should update GW2 and play more. Hit me up if you guys wanna run around again

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• I just reinstalled GW2 to get some of the Living World content (although I don't actually have any high level characters). Vaguely trying out a charr thief, because I never played a thief during my original run with the game. It's actually sort of neat. How does one get involved with other Achaeans? I haven't played since guesting came in.

• Find Achaeans who are on-line, shoot a whisper, form a party, and that's pretty much how it goes.

Only way to have wvw fun with Achaeans, though, is to main on their server... cause... yeah. But, PvE, just find someone who's online and ask :3

• I posted my username up above - feel free to add me as a friend!

Also, my highest character is still level 32, so level doesn't matter much to me. :) 

• For anyone who has been interested in GW2, it's on sale between now(Aug 14th) and August 24th on their site

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/save-50-percent-on-guild-wars-2-now-until-august-24/

• I will pwn you in GW2 Scrub

• After years of indecisiveness, I've gone ahead and bought it.  Team Achaea live on Devona's Rest?

• Screw devonas rest. Tarnished coast

• Damn it. I wish I had notifications on, I ended up buying a different game at like 10 last night, lol.

i'm a rebel