Deucalion, the Righteous Fire

2»

Comments

• Hot.....

• Arador said:
    Hot.....

I C WAT U DID THAR!!!!

• I imagined more of a Yamamoto-esque inferno of Righteous flames rather than a burning toga. Like he's burning the very ground he walks on, and the even approaching him is to risk fiery incineration. Love the eyes, though.

Mediocre by comparison with Aurora et al, but still an excellent piece IMO.
  • Change him to the Balrog from lotr and I'll convert

• Chryenth said:
    I imagined more of a Yamamoto-esque inferno of Righteous flames rather than a burning toga. Like he's burning the very ground he walks on, and the even approaching him is to risk fiery incineration. Love the eyes, though.

Mediocre by comparison with Aurora et al, but still an excellent piece IMO.
    I dont get the adoration for the Aurora drawing. It seemed pretty bland to me. Also corpses being around her left and right like she just finished a battle, but it seems like she is just posing for a painting with that stone-face expression.
  • What is he doing standing near the Washington Monument?
  • Asmodron said:

Chryenth said:

I dont get the adoration for the Aurora drawing. It seemed pretty bland to me. Also corpses being around her left and right like she just finished a battle, but it seems like she is just posing for a painting with that stone-face expression.
    I only mentioned Aurora because she was the first one to come to mind. Substitute any other Divine if you prefer.
  • @Deucalion

What do you think of your representation? 

• was expecting something more like...

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Seldin said:
    What is he doing standing near the Washington Monument?
    Admiring the cherry blossoms.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Halos said:

- IG, the room descriptions of the Pillars of Morning suggest that they are crenellated towers rising from the Riverwall rather than stand alone egyptian obelisks. They actually have blazing pyres set atop them.

The northern Pillar of the Morning rises from the shores of Brighthold, an immense cylindrical tower
    that looms with stoic simplicity over the meticulously groomed surroundings.
    It is stand-alone, but the artist didn't get "cylindrical" right...
  • Yeah, miscommunication there. When I originally laid out Targossas, I had envisioned this kind of pillar, and had put this kind of pillar into a little graphical mock-up of the city, mainly because this Egyptian-style obelisk was the obelisk graphic available in it (Campaign Cartographer being the software). Other than laying out the original rooms though, I didn't have much to do with building the city. I manage the visual art though, and when I sent the instructions to the artist I included the the little mock-up I had made as a reference for what perspective on the city I wanted the view in the picture from.

And then I didn't actually realize that the Pillars of Morning had been built as cylindrical towers until after the painting was done and paid for. I can have it corrected in the future, but it's low-priority. For now, consider it a vision of the city by the artist in a painting created before the city was built, perhaps. ;)
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    I was inspired to watch the Billy Joel video, We didn't start the fire after seeing this.
  • Sarapis said:
    Except that Deucalion probably did start the fire. Don't take that guy hiking in a forest during summertime.

So Deucalion is the male version of

?

• hahaha, harsh.

• Deucalion said:
    If we're saying I'm the male version of some female, I'm going to go with this one:

because she does not appear to have nipples either?  Or because of the robed in fire thing?

• Hallowed are the Targosians?
  • Deucalion said:
    If we're saying I'm the male version of some female, I'm going to go with this one:

because she does not appear to have nipples either?  Or because of the robed in fire thing?
    Because she's also hot.
  • I'm surprised nobody's made the 'Deucalion, the God on Fire' joke yet. >.>

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I don't get it.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Kyrra said:

I don't get it.

Hunger Games reference.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    edited April 2013
    Oh. I see.
    Deucora is like the District 12 of the Garden?

Would pay to watch Aurora bake bread.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Kyrra said:
    Oh. I see. Deucora is like the District 12 of the Garden? Would pay to watch Aurora bake bread.
    District 12 is mining though.  BRB claiming Moghedu.
  • Delphinus said:

Daeir said:
    FIRE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Togassas.
    That joke was thurible.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.