Deucalion, the Righteous Fire

edited April 2013 in North of Thera
Standing tall on top of the Ziggurat of Targossas - the Heart of Dawn - with one of the Pillars of Morning in the background in front of the Greater Eusian Falls, cloaked in the Righteous Fire.

Comments

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Fantastic. Both Deucalion, and the new Targossian architectural theme. I admit that I was expecting something Lord of the Rings or similarly fantasy-themed for the new city, so Egyptian is an excellent, excellent surprise.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Ooops, I accidentally spilled all this water I was carrying on Him.

Oh my..
  • Looks like someone had a serious accident with their thurible

http://youtu.be/hyZYfE3o5cM?t=2m12s

• Made me think of the Colossus of Rhodes for some reason. I guess it's the "mostly naked man standing in front of water and wielding fire" thing.
  • edited April 2013
    And here is a Guy who never ever needs to worry about paying His heating bill.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    This is awesome. Blazing Toga of Fiah!

• Not as nice as the other ones.  It looks more like a guy who had a -very- unfortunate accident involving a campfire and is remarkably chill about it than a God.
  • XaeXae
    edited April 2013
    Where is his nipple!? And I don't really think that his feet are proportionate to the rest of him. 
    But DAT TOGA. <3
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• Xae said:
    Where is his nipple!?
    It burned off.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Hmm. Rather wish he had a good set of clothes/armor about him, but great work nonetheless. Not one of the best, though.
  • Trevize said:
    Xae said:
    Where is his nipple!?
    It burned off.
    ....and we're focused on the boobies again. -_-

also: why do men have/need nipples, anyway?

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    It's beautiful artwork but it doesn't win Kyrra's lust.

The toga of fire is interesting but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the density of the flames. It's just.. a mass of flames. You'd think there would be some thigh flashed or something.

I'm having trouble envisioning Aurora standing next to him in that delicious looking armour. Wouldn't all that heat make her sweat?

I'd love to see what the actual city looks like.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Now -THAT- is a God.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Anaidiana said:
    Trevize said:
    Xae said:
    Where is his nipple!?
    It burned off.

Because we like to look at them.

It's the difference (okay not the only one) between a real man and a ken doll.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Halos said:
    Anaidiana said:
    Trevize said:
    Xae said:
    Where is his nipple!?
    It burned off.

Because we like to look at them.

It's the difference (okay not the only one) between a real man and a ken doll.

All mammalian fetuses are by default female until testosterone is added at... some point I forget when.
    But yeah. Little dude-babies have all the lady-bits so when they grow into man-bits they still have the nipples left over.
    Seeing as He's a God and not necessarily a mammal and so never went through fetal development. No nipples make sense.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • edited April 2013
    Halos said:

- What happened to his arm it looks malformed :(

arm is foreshortened for forced perspective. I demand 3-d rendering and glasses to make the most of this effect. >.>

• pretty disappointing imo. 
  • The chain irks me. It is drawn as if it was suppose to loop over his arm again near the shoulder... but it just defies gravity by looping back upwards but isn't supported by anything.

I know it's been explained away as being a Eygptian obelix, but to quote two specific awesome people :  'MERICUH!!
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Xae said:
    Where is his nipple!? And I don't really think that his feet are proportionate to the rest of him. 
    But DAT TOGA. <3
    Wait.
    Wait.
    Wait............

...no.
    I see it.

I see the nipple.
    Ignore the fire and smoke. It's there. It's just real faint.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • In 5099 years that obelisk will be reclaimed by the sea due to erosion. Get your money back from those builders.

Not overly impressed but still a good picture .
  • Upon photoshop examination, he is wearing a pastie like the strippers in Virginia wear.