Please welcome, Cobra...

Greetings my fellow Achaeans,

My name is Cobra, and as I pen this wonderful scroll, I, no doubt, am turning 467 years old.  Being, 4th, of the first, I feel it necessary to say, Hello...   Back when most of you didn't exist, (You, can thank your parents.) I soaked your lovely Achaean streets with their great grandparent's blood.  As did my equals.  We, enjoyed a different side to Achaea, that which, is forever lost.  

However, I believe with a little push in the right direction, we can all feel that old Achaea once more...

Being from the age of Old.  I am forced, to bend to the New.  Granted, this is what is expected of us all, but I feel, that perhaps, with subtle guidance, some of you will want more from this land. More from the world in which we inhabit.  This is why, with the help of the my Shadow Cabal, I founded the Shadowsnakes.   A place where individualism is accepted and nourished.   

A home where your "talents" will go noticed.  That home is my home, and I will be expressing how to enter it in a few months.  In the mean time, if you find yourself wondering where you fit in.  Dare I say, "The Shadows".

Take care of yourself, Achaea can be a nasty place when you have the wrong enemies.

Sincerely yours,

Cobra

Comments

• Ruth said:
    Best forum RP ever.
    Dear Ruth,

Thank you very much but this comment of yours is in some ways disappointed to me.  This is my first post to our beloved Achaean forum.  Surely, the rest of the knowledge contained is better?

Sincerely,

Cobra 
  • what's going on in this topic

• Welcome back Cobra. Hopefully youll adjust to the changes soon.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I am nice! I gave a hint as to what was glaring!

That said, welcome to the forums, Cobra. You'll soon find that it is made up of a bunch of unforgiving, sarcastic and sometimes nice assholes.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• All those commas makes me think you speak like William Shatner when he was in Boston Legal…or Christopher Walken in pretty much anything.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• edited April 2013
    Well, technically speaking, I'm right. I just left out the part where Meletus shows up. So, I'm here giving free advice. But now I'm starting to feel just a little walked on, as -apparently- the expectation is to spoonfed the people asking for my help by explaining everything in Achaea! Babel: please. I want to see my family, and I think the people know I've suffered enough. Let me out of jail, ive paid my debt to society. Take me home.
    I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I like you @Babel

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Is it bad that this is the only thing I can think of when I see Cobra's name?

• Welcome back, Cobra! 

It is always nice to see old faces, and help with a "catch up" of the changes. (I had to go through that myself about 18 months ago because while I had not slept, I had also not paid a lot of attention to anything other than tending my Grove daily.)

I love "old" people, and love the memories and (I'm missing a word here, folks!) and..... perspective! they bring. 

We probably will not interact much in the lands, but out here I am smiling about your return.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Uh... I am gonna go call G.I. Joe. And you should be scared cause he apparently stole Barbie from Ken after like 500 doll years of married bliss.

GI Joe is taking you down, Cobra. Nothing can save you now.
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Wysteria said:
    All those commas makes me think you speak like William Shatner when he was in Boston Legal…or Christopher Walken in pretty much anything.
    Thank you for this. I almost had it pegged, in the back of my mind, and this drove it home :D

also, welcome to the forums, Cobra. Boy, are you gonna regret it.

• To give everyone an idea of Cobra's reacclimation, when he returned, he had to ask "what is dstab".
    Don't mess with him though. The guy's so old he, like, invented venom.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Achaea needs more of this guy.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Dear Sarapis,

How are you?  I have missed our conversations and walks together so much.  Seeing you about Achaea was and always will be a treasure that I hold onto.  Wondrous things you have done my friend!  I am so very impressed.  Had I known 18 years later...I would be still be able to put my feet in Cobra's boots...Wow.  I would like very much to catch up with you in a more private setting. 

Thank you for welcoming me back to the lands you created.  I believe the pleasure is mine.

Sincerely,

Cobra
  • So much win in this thread. Welcome back, Cobra. Achaea has needed you.
  • Always a pleasure to see an old friend, Cobra - you were one of the greats.

To answer your question, though - RPing on the forums is not something that people do and you won't be treated well. This is strictly an out of character forums, and RPing is to be kept in game. I'm sure you'll be able to find plenty in-game who would love to RP with you :)

• Dear Yue,  Thank you, but I think I need Achaea more.  It's good to be back!

Greetings Cooper, Let us assume I am always like this.  Professional to the core.  Sorry it's in me and I just can't shake it.  I will try to let my softer side show as I once did.  Until then, this is strictly me trying to say Hi, I am back for good.  I missed a lot of you and most of my friends are no longer here.  However it is good to see a familiar face.   

When I was but a gardensnake, there was no, out of character place to talk and hang like you have now and I would bet if I started mouthing off in this environment the Divine of Achaea would shut me right up.  So, for now, I will be presenting myself as Cobra.  With ONE mind, and ONE spirit.  Personally, I have been told what to do far to often already.  What is in character and what is out of character.  For me, there is no such no sense.  I am Cobra, you are you.  Let's move onto the fun stuff.  

Thank you welcoming me back, I look forward to seeing you about Achaea.

Sincerely,

Cobra
  • We need good role players, and I sense Cobra is one of them! Woot!
    Light prevails, always
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Salutations Cobra,

It has certainly been a long time since you and your Shadowboys left the Serpentlords in your hubris. I am sad to say the leadership over the past century has not lived up to your name, perhaps your return can instill some sense of meaning once more into that lot.

Vayne des Valois,
    Grand Hierarch of the Cult
  • @Cobra: It's more about separating IC interests (e.g. wanting Ashtan to be superior) from OOC interests (e.g. wanting a balanced game). Professionalism is absolutely great, but context is important, too.