Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules
Good RP and bad RP habits
So, I wanted to open a thread that helps people who are not so confident with their role playing ability. I am admittedly not the single best role player in the game, but neither am I the worst and this could possibly help me and other seasoned veterans take notice of some bad habits that we have developed so that we might fix them.
Here are some of my ideas that help build good RP habits:
- learn how to use the TMOTE system. It's amazing and much better than the standard, built-in emotes.
- Play your role consistently.
- Don't make abrupt changes to the core of your character's persona. Make gradual changes instead (unless you're lobotomized by Babel or something).
- Don't join OOC clans if you have a hard time separating IC and OOC feelings.
- Your character is not an extension of your OOC self. It may have started off as a reflection of yourself, but it is a persona of its own.
- You should feel slightly schizophrenic. (I do, at least, when I refer to Mosr)
- KNOW THE IC/OOC BARRIER AND RESPECT IT.
These are just my opinions on things that help build good RP. Below are some habits I find completely reprehensible.
- Spamming anything for any reason. You can roll on the ground laughing once, but doing it repeatedly just makes me think that you're having a seizure.
- Flying off the handle and dropping the f-bomb and other curses toward another PLAYER. The character killed you, your character should only be angry with the killer character, not the player behind the character.
- Issuing for anything less than genuine harassment or griefing.
- Telling someone to issue. Issues are an OOC mechanic and the decision to do so should be the issuer's, not the peanut gallery.
- Killing another player because "hey, I'm bored and he's just standing there breathing my air." Have some class and find an actual reason other than "even though I have never interacted with this person on any level, this neutral, non-enemy's presence insults me".
- BREAKING THE IC/OOC BARRIER
That's my spiel. I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg, though.
My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!Tutorials and scripts The Repository