Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Quick Combat Questions

13567171

Comments

  • ManifestManifest Member Posts: 86 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    That was me last month, too :(

    Forging is the absolute worst.
  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesMember Posts: 2,258 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Agree, once you trade in the hammer its a bit of a relief.  Hammer of forging is just a trap to get you shrubbed IMO.
    image
    ZeonMahtCahin
  • SynbiosSynbios Member Posts: 4,366 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Xith said:
    Iocun said:
    Only one you forgot is amnesia.

    Yeah, I had a feeling it gave that too, but my test subject obviously couldn't diagnose that one.
    He'd only be aware of it if he saw that the first diag did not go through, anyway.

  • XithXith Member Posts: 2,595 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Xith said:

    Just tested ring of pestilence. It seemed to only give these afflictions.
    Paralysed.
    suffering from epilepsy.
    unnaturally stupid.
    extremely generous.
    agoraphobic.
    afraid of heights.
    shivering.
    inspires disloyalty in those nearby.

    Anyone have conflicting data? If not, feel free to make note of that.


    Is it just me or is pestilence actually largely awesome for retardation? Like any one of those afflictions (or amnesia) is awesome.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • KadenKaden Member Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Xith said:
    Xith said:

    Just tested ring of pestilence. It seemed to only give these afflictions.
    Paralysed.
    suffering from epilepsy.
    unnaturally stupid.
    extremely generous.
    agoraphobic.
    afraid of heights.
    shivering.
    inspires disloyalty in those nearby.

    Anyone have conflicting data? If not, feel free to make note of that.


    Is it just me or is pestilence actually largely awesome for retardation? Like any one of those afflictions (or amnesia) is awesome.
    Pestilence is useful, yes, especially because the afflictions are hidden. The only drawback is the long equilibirum recovery (about 4 seconds for me even with quick-witted and diadem) but it can be useful all the same. I keep one handy on me for times I find myself in retardation without a very good vibestack or against another magi.
  • KadenKaden Member Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Question! Is there anything that'd stop sonicportal from just going through? I don't mean the portal opening but there'd be a monolith or something like that, I mean more just not happening. I tried to portal to someone but it just didn't embed. Had balance, equilibrium and I wasn't in dragonform and I tried twice and it just didn't happen. Tested my aliases to see if it was a problem on my end, which wasn't the case, so now I'm stumped. 
  • MishgulMishgul Sør-TrøndelagMember Posts: 5,302 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Probably Bal'met's fault

    -

    One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

    As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Do Two Arts infusions (fire, ice, lightning - presumably void is a special case) change the damage type of the slash, or just add a bit of extra damage of the relevant type?
  • SenaSena Member Posts: 3,761 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited December 2012
    Infuse changes the damage type. If I remember right, infuse void makes it magic damage, but I'm not 100% sure. The damage is unchanged except for the type.
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Sena said:
    Infuse changes the damage type. If I remember right, infuse void makes it magic damage, but I'm not 100% sure. The damage is unchanged except for the type.
    Hm, so armour does nothing against infused slashes?
  • SenaSena Member Posts: 3,761 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Eld said:
    Hm, so armour does nothing against infused slashes?
    As far as I know, that's right.
  • AradorArador Member Posts: 1,693 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    What are the minimum skills for a Blademaster to fight?

    Currently have Trans Twoarts and up to Voidfist in Striking.

  • VaehlVaehl Member Posts: 962 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Yeah, you're fine to fight. Most basic would be trans twoarts and knees in striking, but I suggest feet. You've got more than that so you're fine.
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Sena With a little testing, that seems to be correct, including void being magic damage.
  • DornDorn Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Arador said:
    What are the minimum skills for a Blademaster to fight?

    Currently have Trans Twoarts and up to Voidfist in Striking.
    That ought to be more than enough to get you started, though I'd -highly- recommend getting Shindo up to near Trans for Evade.

    ...I can't remember if my limbcounter's posted on this forum or not. I should check that.
  • MizikMizik Member Posts: 2,024 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Airfist IS Striking. Gonna need Feet, though.

    Don't try to tank monks, just beat them to the prep.

    image
  • MizikMizik Member Posts: 2,024 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    @Eld What led you to believe that your Band was bugged at lv 2? I noticed right away that my output didn't change in terms of speed and breakpoints. Many opponents comment on my lacking offense, and I feel inadequate.

    image
  • AeolithonAeolithon Member Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Isn't Airfist a % chance to prevent a parry? I would have thought proning them with pommel/knees and slashing them then would be more reliable and less risky.
  • AradorArador Member Posts: 1,693 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dorn said:
    Arador said:
    What are the minimum skills for a Blademaster to fight?

    Currently have Trans Twoarts and up to Voidfist in Striking.
    That ought to be more than enough to get you started, though I'd -highly- recommend getting Shindo up to near Trans for Evade.

    ...I can't remember if my limbcounter's posted on this forum or not. I should check that.
    Please check :)

  • MizikMizik Member Posts: 2,024 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Aeolithon said:
    Isn't Airfist a % chance to prevent a parry? I would have thought proning them with pommel/knees and slashing them then would be more reliable and less risky.
    100% on Guarding. Parry is no risk. Just keep slashing!
    image
  • DornDorn Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    It's 100% on Guarding? You sure?
  • MizikMizik Member Posts: 2,024 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Super duper. Was my request.
    image
    EldYurdan
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited December 2012
    @Mizik Figured out the band was bugged when I was testing drawslash damage on a falcon after the recent change to make stances and bands affect denizen damage went in. Most of the relevant numbers are recorded in this thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/165/miscellaneous-mathstesting-ii/p1.
    The speed difference between level 2 and level 3 is only going to be like a tenth of a second, I think (Thyr drawslash, for example, going from ~1.8s to ~1.7), so maybe hard to see; I haven't gotten around to testing speed in detail with the level 3, though. As for breakpoints, I haven't done enough combat since it got fixed to notice whether they've changed significantly or not; I'd expect them to be different for some opponents, not for others.

    Also, I know I've hit guarding on airfisted opponents before. Is that a recent change?
  • MizikMizik Member Posts: 2,024 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited December 2012
    Who cares. Use it.

    Edit: I think it was the first classlead I ever put in, right before I hit dragon.
    image
    Eld
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited December 2012
    Did Discern messages get changed?

    You discern that your target is not sufficiently weakened to unleash your wrath.
    (4034h|99%)(3184m|89%)(18228e|98%|15900w|98%)(S)(thyr)(Vrass)(nilF)(0I)(0h)
     700+ BROKENSTAR


    The 700+ Brokenstar thing is my replacement line for
    ^You observe heavy torrents of lifeblood spilling from (\w+)'s near-fatal wounds\.$

    Acctually nevermind the replacement line I had two lines set to fire off for some reason for the discern message, but still did discern get changed at all in the past yearish?

  • TvistorTvistor Member Posts: 2,883 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    This counts as a question: I need to talk to someone fairly knowledgeable in serpent combat about fitness keepup/impatience priorities on people. Is anyone here willing to lend me a hand?
    The quickest way to a woman's heart is through her ribcage.
  • SynbiosSynbios Member Posts: 4,366 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dorn said:
    It's 100% on Guarding? You sure?
    It was set to 100% on Guarding from one of the early Blademaster classleads.


  • DornDorn Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Huh. Teach me to not pay attention. I probably hit Guarding right after Airfist dropped before I figured out how to track it and just decided Airfist didn't counter it. >.>
    Eld
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Dorn said:
    Huh. Teach me to not pay attention. I probably hit Guarding right after Airfist dropped before I figured out how to track it and just decided Airfist didn't counter it. >.>
    QFT. This has also led me to think that the monks I spar against are really bad at using guarding.
Sign In to Comment.