Furniture? Really?

Comments

• Finally! I can breathe life into my run down little house!
  • I forgot to add that I like this a lot but a bed purchase is in my very near future
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Speaking of beds, does this mean we can now get non-artefact beds?!

• edited August 2016
    I can't get enough lacquer to get Legendary Blacksmith in the manner that I want. How on earth are we going to support Furniture needing lacquer also?

Please give more lacquer @Sarapis . I want to make Embrasures already. 
  • Devran said:
    I can't get enough lacquer to get Legendary Blacksmith in the manner that I want. How on earth are we going to support Furniture needing lacquer also?

I'm the wrong person to implore there! @Makarios and @Nicola are the ones! 
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Sarapis said:
    Devran said:

I'm sure they will find the right balance. :) (miss ya tho)

• Lacquer demand should theoretically settle in time. At the moment i assume there is huge demand because a lot of people are pushing to get grandmaster because artefact armour and embtlrasure are relatively new additions. The demand may decrease in a month or two as people will acheive this goal and drop out of the market (as it is another one and done system).

Patience will hopefully deflate the market.
  • Welp. Here I was thinking it would be another tradeskill like Tailoring, wherein you could create your own furniture appearance etc without needing to shell out credits to customise it that way.

Womp.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Yeah, thats what I thought, too. I mean, what people have always disliked is the bare-bones shitty description all furniture has. So...

Welp.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Kasya said:
    Man, I saw the public news post, immediately came to the forums. Saw the topic of this post and thought it would be along the lines of "Really? After saying it would never, ever happen, a chair was just going to be a chair with a covering of light blue fabric, we now get to have actual furniture?!??"

So. I am excited and well done Garden on making this happen, even if Kasya and her ridiculous house are both gone. There are other ridiculous houses out there that can use this. 

<3
    Challenge accepted.
  • Sarapis said:
    Devran said:

Yes! Please @Makarios and @Nicola !

It's taken me a week just to get another 300 Lacquer. I still need something like 1900. And, I'm the one paying ridiculous prices like 550g per for it too!
  • OMGOMGOMGOMG!  THIS IS SUPER EXCITING AND THE BEST THING EVER.  <3
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • @Devran it doesn't require lacquer at all.
  • @Nicola, make thrones give people who sit on it a 5 month Truefavour. Pretty please
  • Nicola said:
    @Devran it doesn't require lacquer at all.
    I love you so much.
  • Can I get a lockable chest now?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • This puts the exact same bare, plain furniture into the hands of the player. The same that you could get from Fronk. What was the point? All I see right now is this costing a player a hell of a lot more money to get ugly furniture. 

Not a fan. At all. 

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Lets get locked furniture and then introduce lockpicking.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Yeah without actual design capabilities, this just seems like another way to put credits into the stream before the gold sink, requiring even more investment from players to get the same thing. 0/10.
  • Customisation
    -------------
    On our side, this new furniture structure will be far more dynamic in the sense of customisations and interaction.

Furniture will no longer be subject to its own unique customisation process, and may be customised simply through the same automated process available for normal items.

In combination with this we'll also be taking suggestions for new materials and furniture types over on the Achaean Forums!

It's no worse than customisation for..anything else in the game?

Not sure what the complaint is about re: design input.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • So we've replaced one of the biggest gold sinks there is, on a game that desperately needs more gold sinks, with another 400 credit per player drain on the already strained-to-the-limit-and-about-to-implode credit market. Hmm.

I'm not an economist so I have no idea if the theory is correct about it all balancing out down the road due to players needing resources instead of just buying furniture outright... but honestly, I kinda doubt it.

The apparent lack of design ability I'm reading about also seems pretty disappointing. Although looking over the tradeskill itself, I really can't find any other fault with it on its own, apart from the the above. From a purely design point of view it seems just fine. I just wonder why this addition and why now.
  • Anaria said:
    on a game that desperately needs more gold sinks
    This assumes the current gold-generation levels are acceptable. The generation could be far higher than other IRE games. From my slight dabbling, that seems to be the case.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited August 2016
    Atalkez said:
    Customisation
    -------------
    On our side, this new furniture structure will be far more dynamic in the sense of customisations and interaction.

Furniture will no longer be subject to its own unique customisation process, and may be customised simply through the same automated process available for normal items.

In combination with this we'll also be taking suggestions for new materials and furniture types over on the Achaean Forums!

It's no worse than customisation for..anything else in the game?

Not sure what the complaint is about re: design input.
    The complaint is that its basically the same stuff we already had at least as far as appearance goes. At least my hopes was that the furniture thing would work more like Tailoring and Jewellery. As it is, I don't see why people who have historically not bothered with furniture would bother with it now. But thats me just being admittedly pessimistic and jaded after originally being pretty damn excited.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Not entirely true. Aetolia has always been lower on the gold generation side. So low in fact that they bumped it up, but then tuned it down again. Imperian was pretty easy to get gold in. And the gold you can generate in Lusternia is ridiculous. Without even trying very hard I regularly had 32mil or so on average.

So Achaea is kind of somewhere in the middle.

The problem with gold generation and caps and all that is that the people who had hoards of gold before are still going to have hoards of gold while the people who don't, weren't dragon, or can't afford credits to sell over the market for instant gold remain the other 99%.

Also, I do love the furniture idea... but I'm not sure if I love it as much as I'd like to if it's essentially just going to be the same design idea with very little customisation. I'm reserving judgement though until some people have picked it up and I"m more familiar with how it's working.
  • I doubt we will every get anothe tradeskill akin to the tailoring or jewellry or cooking design methods. Ithas been mentioned before it takes to much time admin time to oversee where the time is better spent making events or devugging code.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited August 2016
    Anything that requires admin oversight is, unfortunately, going to be somewhere on the bottom of their idea list. What's important at this point is that they fixed up the legacy code, allowing any further changes in the future to be done so more easily and efficiently. Which hopefully means in future we can request for things to be put in with more regularity >_>  

• What about moving furniture that was made by Fronck, that's already placed? Is he still able to do that? And what about furniture movement later? Is that allowable by owners or creators, or both?

@Makarios @Nicola