While I'm some time away before looking very much into combat, I've been trying to find answers to some questions/discussions on the forums and been having some difficulty. Any information is very much appreciated!
Context: I have 0 arties, currently racial/trait specced to con for hunting. I've only ever done affliction class combat in Lusternia (balance lock --> crucify, TK heartburst stuff). I know stuff has to change, but I'd like to start locking away info in my head, sooner rather than later!
- Limb breaks are cured by apply restoration, right? What happens if a limb is broken through limb damage, and also afflicted with a break from poison? Does one cure have to go through first?
- What's the difference between a L1 vs. a L2 break? Are they both cured in the same time?
- If you deal damage to a broken limb, and they apply restoration to it, does limb damage persist afterwards?
- Does two broken legs automatically cause prone?
- Are there any innate affs that you cause when you break chest or head? (I've seen references to concussion and increased dragon bite damage)
- Is L2 the max break level? (like, break->mangle->amputate)
- I've found a number of 2h, SnB, dwb logs, but never any for dwc. Is there any I could look through to see how they do things?
- Do you break multiple limbs by doing like a jab lleg/jab rleg combo? Or do you dsl rleg, and then lleg? If the latter is the case, how can you possibly get two broken limbs and chest before apply restoration finishes?
- Can you time your falcon, or ents in general? eg. if ent attacks on 10s timer, order ent kill target, wait at 9.7s, order ent passive so on your spike for damage/shenanigans you order ent kill to sync it?
- Is loki a venom that can be used on weapons? Are there any venoms that afflict silently/without an aff message?
- Does impale stop any actions (i'm assuming movement)? Can you impale someone when they try to tumble to stop the tumble?
- Are L2 scimitars pretty much necessary? Let's say at a midbie level.
- When would I use arc?
- How much bleeding does DWC generally do with the runes? Is it enough to pressure mana?
- Does eihwaz on runeblades fire often enough to be problematic? If it's only an occasional diagnose then I would doubt it, but if a large portion of venoms are masked..
- I've previously seen a lot of comments about sketching hugalaz/thurisaz + fire meteor arrow and such for an opening, but I'm not sure that's recent. Is this still a thing?
- Is hugalaz scaled to weapons - specifically, is it worth fishing for a double hugalaz proc with dwc?
- Is a sleep lock(ish) strategy possible? I would be guessing double pith to drain mana to keep it low vs. metawake, then chained delph. Not sure how the insomnia is stripped.
I've heard that Runewardens can have other methods to kill besides disembowel, but not much explanation besides that. While I'll probably eventually switch to str spec, I'm curious where those routes might lie. I've spoken with @Aerek
in game and it was helpful for giving me a look, but it mostly boiled down to get more strength. I've heard kelp stacks, 'focus' lock through mana drain and pith, but these both seem more like paths to a dsb, and my dsb is only going to tickle right now. They also don't sound like they prevent your opponent from continuing their offense?