Long Live Wundersys

Comments

• edited August 2016
    WunderSys handles a lot of the affs based on GMCP along with some of the lines to handle things where GMCP was not at the time if I recall correctly.  As well as a whole slew of functions to handle other situations. Take a look  under: 

Under the Scripts 
    WunderSys Folder
    Curing Folder
    Curing Functions Folder 
    Affliction Functions Script (The other Scripts will detail how other situations are handled)

Lines 482 to the bottom

function wsys.gmcpAffAdded()
       local aff,count = string.match( gmcp.Char.Afflictions.Add.name, "(%w+) %((%d+)%)" )
       aff = aff or gmcp.Char.Afflictions.Add.name
       if not exclude[aff] then
          wsys.affadd( aff, nil, nil, true )
       end
    end

function wsys.gmcpAffRemoved()
       for _,aff in ipairs( gmcp.Char.Afflictions.Remove ) do
          local aff2,count = string.match( aff, "(%w+) %((%d+)%)" )
          aff = aff2 or aff
          if aff_debug then echo("wsys.gmcpAffRemoved:'"..aff.."'") end
          if not exclude[aff] then
             wsys.affcuredconfirm(aff, true)
          end
       end
    end

registerAnonymousEventHandler("gmcp.Char.Afflictions.Add", "wsys.gmcpAffAdded")
    registerAnonymousEventHandler("gmcp.Char.Afflictions.Remove", "wsys.gmcpAffRemoved")
  • Doesn't look like that handles the magi burning stuff etc, since they are named oddly.
    Unless the excludeaff thing does that!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Atalkez said:
    Doesn't look like that handles the magi burning stuff etc, since they are named oddly.
    Unless the excludeaff thing does that!
    That's the reason for the string.match bit @Atalkez.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Can't wait to have Wundersys back. Thanks @Anze
  • Was this ever updated?
  • It was! Sorry about that. A new release has been drafted and is available at https://github.com/sailgoat/WunderSys/releases
    I encourage all adventurous testers to give it a try and report any old or new issues either here or via GitHub: https://github.com/sailgoat/WunderSys

As mentioned in the release notes, WBUG has been updated to send a message to myself instead of Tynil. I'm sure I'll regret that at some point but Rome wasn't destroyed in a day.

• I have made an attempt in adding a few changes specific for woodlore/metamorphosis, but it turns out that github and I have not come to terms yet. I did create a pull request, so it -should- be good.
  • edited August 2016
    @Coamenel I'm curious as to how you and @Fendo are editing these files. Do you have the WunderSys.xml file installed as a module with sync enabled?

I created a pull request myself and was able to view the changes I made in-request. With so many changes it makes it a bit more cumbersome to quickly see what's been updated.
  • I am using a clean mudlet profile to do the changes after testing on my mudlet profile. Just need to take out the extras on the new mudlet profile before loading the wundersys package and editing. 
  • I created an entirely new profile an installed WunderSys.xml as a package. 

Though it has to be noted that last time I worked an Achaea system, I ported IMTS to Achaea (not nearly as shiny as Vadi did though) and used Zmud as a client! So what I'm saying is that I do not yet "feel" the workings of mudlet. I might contact you when I have an actual keyboard instead of my iphone. 
  • Please install the xml file as a module instead of a package. You can then enable a sync option which seems to alleviate the over 900,000,000 insertions and deletions issue.
  • Anze said:
    Please install the xml file as a module instead of a package. You can then enable a sync option which seems to alleviate the over 900,000,000 insertions and deletions issue.

I was looking over and over why it did that. I'll install it as a module instead from now on. Thanks for the pointer!
  • Haven't heard anything nightmarish as of yet -- assuming a few other people have given the new release a spin.

I have a few things in mind to work on, first of which being a full transition to GMCP afflictions. Beyond that, it's a matter of going through the old issues and seeing which of those are highest priority.

I am always open to hearing ideas, feature requests or pain points people are having with the system!
  • Anze said:
    Haven't heard anything nightmarish as of yet -- assuming a few other people have given the new release a spin.

I have a few things in mind to work on, first of which being a full transition to GMCP afflictions. Beyond that, it's a matter of going through the old issues and seeing which of those are highest priority.

I am always open to hearing ideas, feature requests or pain points people are having with the system!

I've not done any combat-ish things with the new release, but I did notice that clot doesn't really seem to work. I'm working on that myself, so I'll push a commit when I've got something to push :)
  • Coamenel said:

I've not done any combat-ish things with the new release, but I did notice that clot doesn't really seem to work. I'm working on that myself, so I'll push a commit when I've got something to push :)
    I had a similar problem. I would set clotting to true, then wshow settings would show it as false, and it wouldn't work. I was looking for the source of the problem and didn't find it, but it started working on its own, so I don't really know how to find the source of the problem.
  • Fusco said:
    Coamenel said:

I had a similar problem. I would set clotting to true, then wshow settings would show it as false, and it wouldn't work. I was looking for the source of the problem and didn't find it, but it started working on its own, so I don't really know how to find the source of the problem.
    Actually figured it out, I had clot disable on the serverside curing system. I did push a commit that, if you have the clot ability and useclot on in wsys, turns it on. That did help in my case, it's now clotting where necessary.
  • edited November 2016
    -totes wrong thread-
  • I will be returning shortly to see how out of date this is. Any assistance would be lovely.
  • I'm working on integrating CURINGSET currently and am open to any other feature requests. 

In other news, the original documentation site is down thanks to Dropbox's public folder change. (Don't trust startups with your data, folks.) Was able to get a partial backup from @Jadys and I'll format/update it on the GitHub site shortly.
  • The repository has been updated to include the missing afflictions that @Sayenna brought to my attention. CURINGSET still needs some work so we don't break anything for existing users.

The afflictions should show on prompt and via echoes if enabled.

https://github.com/sailgoat/WunderSys

• Wundersys is still alive?!
  • Alive and kicking (ass).
  • What else would you use?
  • Morthif said:
    What else would you use?
    Your own system coded to do what you need it to rather than a system generalised to be usable by other people?
  • Antonius said:
    Morthif said:
    What else would you use?
    Your own system coded to do what you need it to rather than a system generalised to be usable by other people?
    The number of people who are capable of coding that can be counted on Pandora's fingers. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • There's also little point to coding an entire system for yourself even if you can code. Taking what others have made available and building on it is a far more efficient use of your time.
  • Until you realise how flimsy it is
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Tysandr said:
    Until you realise how flimsy it is
    Wsys is far from flimsy. A significant portion of "top tier" uses their own modified version.  Thats not to say it's not without issues, but calling it flimsy when it's base has such a firm hold on combat is just silly
  • I haven't got to touch it yet cuz work but it's awesome to see I can point it towards my newbies again. I coded my own system, so I'm against the views of other people who think it's a waste of time. But I also don't disagree expanding on something like wsys is great. As long as you're learning the ins and outs to coding by doing it you're solid. 

So the system is updated to recognize things like timeloop and shikudo skills and showing them in prompt and prio swaps?
  • Kythra said:
    So the system is updated to recognize things like timeloop and shikudo skills and showing them in prompt and prio swaps?
    Wsys has always shown them, just haven't had them updated for prios. Since it uses gmcp affs it pulls them from there, if there's not a shorthand name for the affliction (thus not 'recognised' by the system) then it just shows the full gmcp name.

To agree with the above, wsys is basically my own system now with how much I've changed things, to the point I can't even give it away because so much of my other stuff is intertwined into it. :s