Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules
(Another) Character Questionnaire
Those of you doing NaNoWriMo might've already stumbled across their official character questionnaire.
Looking at it, and on the eve of Syb's semi-reinvention and re(self)discovery as a rogue, I thought it might be a good exercise to have a bash at.
- Name: Sybilla Bravi'os
- Age: 106 years old
- Height: A handspan above the average human
- Eye color: Striking malachite
- Physical appearance: Gaunt, deer-like appearance (elongated features, a la Tsol'aa), rusty-red hair, dry and bony physique.
- Strange or unique physical attributes: Considering this is Achaea, she still has all her limbs/fingers/eyes etc. Maybe the Mark of the Twin scar?
- Favorite clothing style/outfit: Roman style stolae, most recently in shades of blue.
- Where does he or she live? What is it like there? Now, nowhere. The quintessential wanderer.
- Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip when he or she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.): The signature Bravi'os "gestures vaguely", "lewd gestures", but otherwise relying on the Viatrix upbringing with languid, graceful movements, and upper-class manners.
- Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to change: She's not particularly body conscious, but probably some scarring here or there.
- Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.): Rich and smoky voice, depending on her audience she can go from convivial storytelling to acerbic put-downs.
- Pet peeves: Giggling, vapid people.
- Fondest memory: Anatomy lessons in Fire and Spice, as that was the last memorable everyday event where (most) everyone she loved was together.
- Hobbies/interests: Tailoring, ritualism, obscure lore and traditions, seafaring.
- Special skills/abilities: ??? [Can't think of anything]
- Insecurities: The usual inadequacy and abandonment issues.
- Quirks/eccentricities: Does drowning babies count?
- Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Aloof and non-committal with the general populace, but very familiar and veering towards jovial amongst close social circles.
- Negative traits: Slow to execute, secretive to a fault, overly critical when cornered.
- Things that upset him or her: Feeling useless or overlooked.
- Things that embarrass him or her: Being shown up when it comes to intellectual pursuits.
- This character is highly opinionated about: Used to be the purity of the occult. Now her temperament is blissfully moderate.
- Any phobias? Spiders (she's overcome this when she hunts them, but can't deal with pet spiders still), deep/dark waters.
- Things that make him or her happy: Old friends, new journal smell, rain, one-off decorations, a straight sail through the sea of Screamed Prayers.
- Family (describe): As yet undetermined. She remembers a near-drowning when very young, and we therefore suspect she was one of Taraus' girl-children. Unclear how she survived, but has been a foundling stray adopted and raised as Viatrix until the Bravi'os, in true gypsy fashion, came back to claim their dues. So, Taraus (mother), Merador (beloved uncle-brother), Watchman (new father figure), Morro/Mariya (adoptive sisters), Colivar (uhm, best not talk about this), Amunet (adoptive mother), Orklanishkal (father figure), Fitz (begrudging father figure/elder brother figure) etc.
- Deepest, darkest secret: Gives sweets/presents to orphans/Theran children around Mayaween and Logosmas.
- Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: Detests people attributing kindly, motherly qualities to her.
- Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?): I've no idea. I guess she's like Marmite - love it or hate it?
- Favorite bands/songs/type of music: Scarlatan concerts are a guilty pleasure but there's none so far she'd rate. Sea-shanties are a favourite.
- Favorite movies: N/A
- Favorite TV shows: N/A
- Favorite books: Folkloristic stories
- Favorite foods: Fish. Mangoes.
- Favorite sports/sports teams: Foozle
- Political views: Indifferent/not applicable. A well-oiled autocracy, probably.
- Religion/philosophy of life: Vastarian until recently. Now looking for something else.
- Physical health: Recovering junkie.
- Dream vacation: Probably a Zanzibaar beach trip.
- Description of his or her house: Doesn't have a house now.
- Description of his or her bedroom: In the Viatrix mansion, a sandstone chamber with a large window overlooking the gardens and lake.
- Any pets? A flock of various birds.
- Best thing that has ever happened to this character: Becoming Demiurge.
- Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: The Occultists House being destroyed.
- Superstitions: Many.
- Three words to describe this character: "Stone cold bitch" would be nice, but I don't think it's applicable to her yet.
- If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be?