Texas

Comments

• I'm in OKC,  I could probably make it to DFS on a weekend if you guys ever wanted to do a meetup.  I'd even boop Ellodin on the nose just like in pretend land.
  • Ren fest is back if we want to pretend we'll meet up there again and then not do it.
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    Peak said:
    Ren fest is back if we want to pretend we'll meet up there again and then not do it.
    I never miss it.  I usually go on barbarian weekend with the misses, but could probably be convinced to drive out there by myself a different weekend too, if meeting others (not near as fun alone, ya know).

http://texrenfest.com/
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • Guys,

I'm in Austin at the moment on holiday from the UK, out tonight with friends if anyone is close by?

We'll be in shooters at 620, I'll be the one with the English accent.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I'll be at the state fair tomorrow if anyone wants to meet up
  • Gonna be in Victoria and Lake Jackson this week for pre-thanksgiving family time in my hometown... Other than my family themselves, the only reason I was sort of halfway stoked to go to Texas was for the warmth. But noooo it's cold there right now too. Damnit, Texas. Why are you my nemesis??

• Saeva said:
    Gonna be in Victoria and Lake Jackson this week for pre-thanksgiving family time in my hometown... Other than my family themselves, the only reason I was sort of halfway stoked to go to Texas was for the warmth. But noooo it's cold there right now too. Damnit, Texas. Why are you my nemesis??
    oh, don't worry. today is warm... tomorrow will be our coldest day of this winter so far
  • Mannimar said:

Saeva said:

Gonna be in Victoria and Lake Jackson this week for pre-thanksgiving family time in my hometown... Other than my family themselves, the only reason I was sort of halfway stoked to go to Texas was for the warmth. But noooo it's cold there right now too. Damnit, Texas. Why are you my nemesis??

oh, don't worry. today is warm... tomorrow will be our coldest day of this winter so far

I wish there was an "it makes me frown" option. Cause I sure don't like it.

• I'm guessing you're in the DFW area? If so there's a few people in the area that we might be able to coerce into a meet
  • I'm in Victoria now and heading back to Lake Jackson tomorrow. Heading back to Cali Wednesday night via Houston. Otherwise I would have tried to round some people up! I love a good gamer meet up. Alas, I am in some seriously small towns. And never expect anyone to be around the area.

• I'm in Dallas Fort Worth, about 15 minutes from DFW International. Hehe.
  • You're from Texas? That's beautiful...

Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • For those in DFW stay safe, stay warm, stay off the roads. I recommend hot chocolate, a fire, and a good book.
  • i took your recommendation and now i'm stuck outside since i set my own home on fire, thanks mannimar

but really i went outside in a hoodie, shorts, and rubber slippers and it was okay.  this opinion will probably change in an hour or so, when it's dark.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • hopefully the book you grabbed was a good one! The burning house will be a great light for reading by
  • Hope you all did ok through this latest storm! Stay safe and warm!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I'm in San Antonio. 
  • Houston is so cold... It really should not approach freezing in a place where there is so much humidity :P
  • Downtown Austin here, seems like we have a few around.
  • Ah I just moved from South Lamar to San Antonio. Plan on getting back up to Austin soon though if anyone interested in meeting up.
    Okk tells you, "You 'woof'ed on a house channel in a conversation with the Lord Bard."

• I'm in Austin till mid-January.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    If something got planned, I'd turn up.

That aside, if anyone plays or wants to learn to play disc golf, give me a holler. There are a ton of awesome free courses in and around Austin and it's always a good time (walk through the woods, throw things, talk about achaea, drink beer (optional)). I'm a bit rusty but I have plenty of discs if anyone needs to borrow.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • I live in Austin! Off Riverside! I go to school here, any babes wanna hang out, let me know ;D

All I've had today are six gummy bears and some scotch
  • ShadracShadrac Denton, TX
    I moved back to Denton, TX a year and a half ago after being in East Dallas for half a decade.

Also recently came back to IRE MUDs - played Lusternia about 7-8 years back fairly extensively and even though I invested a ton of money in that character I wanted a fresh start.  

Currently digging the hell out of Achaea and trying not to break the bank.
  • ShadracShadrac Denton, TX
    Awesome!

So now that I've settled in a bit into Achaea - I figure I might as well bump this thread.

So Texas eh?  What's the IRE population like here these days?  Personally I'm up in the DFW area (Denton to be specific - which is great since I work at UNT).

Anyone had a meetup ever?
  • NieelensarsNieelensars Southern, Texas
    I know I live in Houston area, @Jasaadi in DFW, @Teldrim Austin, @Snareman somewhere southern than me in a place that is so miniscule it doesn't even register on the map.

On that note.. renfair this year anyone?
  • MayMay Texas
    Texas

I know I live in Houston area, @Jasaadi in DFW, @Teldrim Austin, @Snareman somewhere southern than me in a place that is so miniscule it doesn't even register on the map.

On that note.. renfair this year anyone?

I'm planning on being there one weekends! Not sure which yet, 2 hours from Houston.
  • NieelensarsNieelensars Southern, Texas
    I never realized so many people went to Renfare! I literally.. LITERALLY live 15 minutes from Renfare. Not even joking man its so awesome.
  • I remember a time when this thread was bare but then again it was like seven years ago now when we had the last meet in Austin. It was cool as all get out but I didn't think there was this many people in Texas again...
  • I never post on the forums, but.

I now live in Austin. Yay.