Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Fashioning, and the royal pain that it is.

Comments

• SeftinSeftin Posts: 923 @ - Epic Achaean
    why are you staying in their room long enough to get hit with minuet
  • JovoloJovolo EnglandPosts: 3,099 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Jester really has no room to complain about Minuet with their hinder.

And lol did I see someone earlier in this thread say Jester has poor hindering? Wtf. 
  • ErnamErnam Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Yes, you did.  Seems we agree on more than one thing today.

"Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."

Manda  |  Godzilla  |  SLC
      1. SeftinSeftin Posts: 923 @ - Epic Achaean
        Ernam said:
        I believe it was Bluef actually.
      2. BluefBluef DelosPosts: 2,176 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Seftin said:
        Ernam said:
        I believe it was Bluef actually.
        Bluef said:
        Bombs can still be very useful if you know how to use them, but they do have some issues at present. Jesters definitely don't have the same kind of hindering that shamans do, but there are ways to address that. 
      3. JovoloJovolo EnglandPosts: 3,099 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Which is wrong
        JhuiKaieBluefMishgulAchimrstDaeirXith
      4. BluefBluef DelosPosts: 2,176 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        edited September 2014
        I play both classes and I don't see a lot of similarity between being able to hinder with curses every 1s, runes and totems amid fashioning and the kind of stuff that jesters use to hinder. I never said jesters couldn't hinder or that they had poor hindering, just that the playstyle is somewhat different as far as hindering goes. 
      5. KaieKaie Posts: 158 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
        It's not wrong really. It isn't the same type of hindering when you think about it. You might think "omg that's so fake.. jesters have hangedman!" However powerful hangedman is, it's not quite the same. For fashioning Shaman > Jester. For stopping momentum Shaman < Jester.

The reason I say this is because Hangedman takes balance which grants you what, like .5 seconds gained between the time you gain balance back and they writhe? Opposed to dropping runes over an area or hitting with a propped totem. 

No contest, the latter is clearly better for gaining fashions with no resistance.
        The former (hangedman) being better for on the fly ball stomping against affliction classes.
        Bluef
      6. JovoloJovolo EnglandPosts: 3,099 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        So how exactly does Shaman have better hindering than Jester?
        Ernam
      7. JhuiJhui Posts: 1,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        these poor souls, I bet if they were priest they would think priest sucked too.
        MishgulAtalkez
      8. MakoMako Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
        Jester these days I would go for vlock with sleep in aeon. THEN FASHION THEM HAHAHAHAHAHA (aint that jesterly?) then you kill them with a full puppet
      9. MakoMako Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
        i was thinking about this last night before i went to bed. You could slowlock + truelock + sleeplock someone  and not kill em. Why you could collect living specimens even
      10. MakoMako Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
        i dont think they could heartstop, someone correct me if im wrong
      11. MakoMako Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
        as of now i see jester as the most powerful 1 vs 1 class

12. MishgulMishgul Sør-TrøndelagPosts: 5,302 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        heartstop goes through aeon and sleep iirc

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
        hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
      13. MakoMako Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
        thats lame
      14. MakoMako Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
        some people don't want to heartstop tho so theres that
      15. MakoMako Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
        a jester could take their hocuspocus's pretty far if they wanted too. Gonna end this with that
      16. JovoloJovolo EnglandPosts: 3,099 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Jovolo said:
        @Kaie @Bluef @Achimrst
      17. AtalkezAtalkez Posts: 3,565 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Brb going Jester

You hug Aurora compassionately.
        Bluef
      18. DaeirDaeir AustraliaPosts: 5,837 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        #justmakothings
        :pleased::pleased:
      19. AchimrstAchimrst CaliforniaPosts: 3,604 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        edited September 2014
        Jovolo said:
        Jovolo said:
        @Kaie @Bluef @Achimrst
        Why for art thou summoning me Combat God @Jovolo?

I never said Shaman have better hindering than Jester >.> I don't even know wtf Jesters do other than they have puppets and itching powder gives impatience or something. Oh and OMG I freaking hate tarot... this is why I don't play occultist anymore or jester at all :P

Um, so anyway. Shaman can force a tumble and throw you into runes and bind. I guess that is hindery. Force tumble and leave to prop a totem might be fun although I have never tried it and depending on the totem configuration it can he hindery. Um...can't blight sleep right now because of serverside curing last I checked so that's out, you can blight dizzy or bind and mangle or something....WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME HARD QUESTIONS!

Edit2: Continuously blight dizzy and curse paralyse? Just another idea I had in the three seconds since I edited.

Bluef
      20. JovoloJovolo EnglandPosts: 3,099 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Why did you disagree when I said Jesters have better hindering than Shamans, then...?
      21. AchimrstAchimrst CaliforniaPosts: 3,604 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Jovolo said:
        Why did you disagree when I said Jesters have better hindering than Shamans, then...?
        Basically because we have totems which can transfix, paralyze and put you to sleep. Then we can immediately begin attacking with a doll to add a bind and slow you.
        HasarPraxidesErnam
      22. JovoloJovolo EnglandPosts: 3,099 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
        Ernam
      23. SeftinSeftin Posts: 923 @ - Epic Achaean
        Ok, time to make this thread obsolete.
      24. TalysinTalysin Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
        Oh God, you made him go Jester.
      25. PatroklosPatroklos Posts: 213 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
        Talysin said:
        Oh God, you made him go Jester.
        Works for me, gives me someone to work with and bounce ideas off of. I've found one tactic I can do that uses zero fashions and no prep, but Jesus it's terrifying depending on if the concussionbomb is much longer than what I set it for. 
      26. KaieKaie Posts: 158 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
        Jovolo said:
        @Jovolo man, if you'd simply utilize those eyes to read the post. I never said Shaman has "better" hindering. I said it's not exactly the same. The styles are apples and oranges. Each has their shortcomings, but if you're talking simply about just using hindering to fashion. then Shaman is where it's at because it won't consume balance to hinder via runes/totems. It's a pointless conversation anyways, fashioning is boring and time consuming for everyone.
        Bluef
      Sign In to Comment.