Quick Questions

Comments

• Can you acquire practice two-arts swords anywhere besides being a newbie?
  • What happens if a giftbag containing an artie decays while on the ground? 

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/JF0BhCf6 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • What kind of monster uses a ship prompt that isn't cryptic? Shame! Shame!
  • Cryptic reminds me too much of the word crypto which reminds me too much of crytocurrency which reminds me too much of why I didn't buy bitcoin when they were going for $0.15 each

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Yes. Though you can only have one sword made by you in existence at once. You can get someone to make a second sword and give it to you.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Morthif said:
    What kind of monster uses a ship prompt that isn't cryptic? Shame! Shame!
    I use battle prompt, all my ship GUI stuff is triggered off it

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Monster. 
  • edited August 2017
    Is there a way to change the colour of Serverside curing notes?

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Only by writing a trigger on "[Curing]:" to highlight it some other colour.
    I use the following script:

<div>-- replace line from MUD with colour-tagged string</div><div><br></div><div>creplaceLine = function(str)</div><div><br></div><div>	selectString(line,1)</div><div>	replace("")</div><div>	cinsertText(str)</div><div><br></div><div>end</div>

You can then trigger it thus:
    ^\[Curing\]\: ([A-Z\s]+)$
    With the following in the big white box:
    creplaceLine("<pink>[Curing]:<white> "..matches[2])
    Change the pink and white to whatever you want, natch :)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • So, I'm currently stuck in a loop when it comes to hunting. Moghedu, Catacombs, Istarion, Tir. I don't have a ship or a pebble, so Meropis is a pain unless I can find a serpent and I've never been to places like Prin.

Doing AREAS shows up a few places I'd never heard of..

The Osterrych Citadel and Barracks
    The Nemuritoaure Fortress
    Cor Triphyn
    The sunken maze
    The Granniftor Fortress
    The Abhal Tornu Desert
    The Modyara Obelisk
    The Prylator Pit
    The Bolgukova Fortress
    The Moldova Fortress

Are any of these accessible without needing to borrow a ship?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
    edited August 2017
    Sobriquet said:
    So, I'm currently stuck in a loop when it comes to hunting. Moghedu, Catacombs, Istarion, Tir. I don't have a ship or a pebble, so Meropis is a pain unless I can find a serpent and I've never been to places like Prin.

Doing AREAS shows up a few places I'd never heard of..

The Osterrych Citadel and Barracks
    The Nemuritoaure Fortress
    Cor Triphyn
    The sunken maze
    The Granniftor Fortress
    The Abhal Tornu Desert
    The Modyara Obelisk
    The Prylator Pit
    The Bolgukova Fortress
    The Moldova Fortress

Are any of these accessible without needing to borrow a ship?
    Underworld areas, the lot of 'em.

You might want to add Den of the Quisalis to your loop, there's some decent challenges down there, but avoid the Grandmaster :D

• As Klendathu said, those are all areas in the Underworld. That's not currently accessible, and I don't know if there are any plans for it to become accessible again.
  • That's annoying, I guess I never really noticed the area names when it was open. The Underworld is also mentioned in AREAS separately.

I tried the Fissures earlier for the first time and that wind makes it unplayable really, save for putting icewalls everywhere

• Sobriquet said:
    That's annoying, I guess I never really noticed the area names when it was open. The Underworld is also mentioned in AREAS separately.

I tried the Fissures earlier for the first time and that wind makes it unplayable really, save for putting icewalls everywhere

I'm pretty sure most of those areas were added during the Underworld war (when it was split up into many more areas), so you wouldn't have ever noticed them when actually able to go there.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I do provide trips to places like Prin for hunting, just need to catch me awake. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Sobriquet said:
    So, I'm currently stuck in a loop when it comes to hunting. Moghedu, Catacombs, Istarion, Tir. I don't have a ship or a pebble, so Meropis is a pain unless I can find a serpent and I've never been to places like Prin.
    If you have Seafaring you don't need to own a ship because you're a Hashanite. Just get yourself cleared to sail their naval ships, which is really pretty easy if you just want to use windcutters for island travel, and you're all set.
  • Nazihk said:
    Sobriquet said:
    If you have Seafaring you don't need to own a ship because you're a Hashanite. Just get yourself cleared to sail their naval ships, which is really pretty easy if you just want to use windcutters for island travel, and you're all set.
    TBH the free combat side of sailing puts me off. I don't actually want to -sail- I just want to get to other places. I have zero lessons in seafaring as it's never appealed. (I see it as yet another pay wall to enjoying parts of the game). But, saying that I should probably utilise others more who do like sailing and just hitch a ride. 

• Sobriquet said:
    Nazihk said:
    Sobriquet said:
    TBH the free combat side of sailing puts me off. I don't actually want to -sail- I just want to get to other places. I have zero lessons in seafaring as it's never appealed. (I see it as yet another pay wall to enjoying parts of the game). But, saying that I should probably utilise others more who do like sailing and just hitch a ride. 
    Kyrra, Kaiu, Seragorn, Proficy have island wings off the top of my head. Not sure who does for Hashan. 
  • Sobriquet said:
    Nazihk said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Getting seafaring is free and command is only 89 lessons into seafaring. I actually think seafaring is one of the more accessible aspects of the game to somebody with limited resources. Lots of cities and houses have ships for people to use if they can't afford or don't want to buy one. 

Also not to say sailing is risk free, but there are only a couple of people out there actively looking to sink people. Sinking is not expensive if you don't have cargo to loot. Almost certainly somebody you know will have a ship with a salvage crane to salvage for free. 
    Anyone got a description of a dalamyrr?

• Regarding Seafaring. The command ability just makes commands take less crew balance. A basic seafaring proficiency only takes 66 lessons.
  • @Rangor : yus you dah man. Who da man? You dah mahhhhhhhhhhhhn.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I have some questions about how libraries work.

Say I own a subdivision property and an out-of-subdivision property. I drop a library designator token in a room of both houses, and put bookcases there.

Does that mean that both bookcases will link to a single library, instead of being separate libraries on their own with separate permissions? And if the former, is there no way (perhaps by issue or email) to separate them into standalone libraries? The reason for this is I might want a private library in my own home where books can only be read by my friends and family, but also want to build a public facility where anyone can borrow books.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Echoing that problem, issued about it when I first ran into it but received a negative reply.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • ... When did they change what happens on wings failure?
  • Tahquil said:
    ... When did they change what happens on wings failure?
    They... haven't? Might need to show us what you're talking about.
  • edited August 2017
    My wings tell me I shouldn't.

But seriously... they are getting angry at me when I try and get them to take me to the clouds and it fails. I also apparently have close ties to a group of people and we should march to a place to do..... I dunno.
  • Apparently I inadvertantly stuck an  omyrr skull on my head.

Still want to take over the world tho.
  • edited August 2017
    Any suggestions on the best stance to hunt with as a Blademaster?