Quick Questions

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Fflam said:
    Armali said:
    100%. 
    But as a Runewarden, I wouldn't be a second class citizen or anything, eh?

Being able to rune citymates will enhance your popularity

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • There's only one version of Good, and all citizens are expected to believe in/follow it. Class doesn't matter in terms of your ability to do that.
  • Fflam said:
    Armali said:
    100%. 
    But as a Runewarden, I wouldn't be a second class citizen or anything, eh?

You can be any allowed class. The Dawnlord practices shadow magic. -cough-

• edited August 2017
    Sylphie is also an angsty emo edgelord. 
  • @Farrah pretty sure its for the time magic. Else no way you would get everything done.
  • TalamondTalamond Atop his throne of books
    Exactly. I mean, she's gotta have something to keep @Micaelis on the Paperwork Plane.
  • Antidas said:
    Torinn said:
    Alchemist is restricted?? (Kidding, should just say all should it not?)
    No, Eleusis doesn't have alchemists - they picked forestals over alchemy during the event, for obvious reasons.
    And boy oh boy did they choose right. :(
     <3 
  • Except they didn't really have a choice in the first place. It was pretty much decided right from the start that cities would get Alchemists, and Eleusis would get forestals.
  • edited August 2017
    No it wasn't. The players made that decision, and any city could have chosen differently.

Edit: aside from Eleusis of course

• Cooper said:
    No it wasn't. The players made that decision, and any city could have chosen differently.

Edit: aside from Eleusis of course

I can confirm, this was 100% up to the leaders of cities at the time.

• edited August 2017
    Dunn said:
    Can we get a do over?
    It does seem like if we'd known back then what we know now - i.e. Alchemist is a garbage class that nobody likes, forestal classes are going to get amazing reworks - that things would have gone very differently.

EDIT: Actually, no, fuck a do over. My bank account can't handle needing to learn and buy artefacts for another three classes.
  • Alchemist is in a great place! It's completely lackluster at everything unless you use mayology, then it's OP. Definition of balance, I'd say.

:trollface:

• Dunn said:
    Can we get a do over?

No.

• And you guys want to nerf Mayology. :(

Make Eleusis regret their choice instead!
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    I get the feeling if a bunch of cities had chosen forestal, there would have just been Gaia/Artemis events down the line that pushed it toward effective factionalisation anyway, à la Devo/Necro.
  • Makarios said:
    Dunn said:
    Can we get a do over?

No.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Someone explain the joke.

#I'mSoNotFunny
    Huh. Neat.
  • I can't remember who but Targ swears they picked forestals and got told to pick again. 
  • Morthif said:
    I can't remember who but Targ swears they picked forestals and got told to pick again. 
    That's definitely false. We didn't pick forestals lol.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Targ wasnt around yet, Alchemists came around during Shallam.  I want to say the Garden at the time pushed the city leaders to pick alchemists.  I know I wanted forestals, we already had a lot of active ones plus they were the only had the best counter to astralform.
  • TalamondTalamond Atop his throne of books
    As far as I'm concerned, HOMUNCULUS SAY alone justifies the class.

HOMUNCULUS EMOTE now, please.
  • Bad science. Bad! 
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Morthif said:
    I can't remember who but Targ swears they picked forestals and got told to pick again. 
    Targ wasn't a thing when this happened, so...

• Newbie here, although not IRE newbie, but I have some questions about how to proceed.
    • 1400 retirement credits
    • Tsol'aa Race, Magi Class
    • Lesson packages will be bought but no more credits for the time being

My current understanding from looking through the forums is:
    • Trait to CON spec and Quick Witted, changing to INT spec when my health levels are higher and I get into PvP a little more
    • SOA + Diadem should be considered as first artefact purchases
    • Learn at least up to Diamondskin for hunting, as that includes Staff.
    Questions would be really where else should I concentrate lessons and is maxing out all class skills still the recommendation before the artefact purchases?

• I'm no magi, but thank you for reading other threads first.

Most classes, the recommendation is always tri-trans'ing your class skills before arties, so I'm going to assume that is correct for magi as well. 
    @Aegoth @Farrah errr yeah all you guys, correct me if I'm wrong.
  • edited August 2017
    I think  you -might- get away with trans elementalism and crystalism for group fighting. But I felt like all I could really do was staffcast and reflect people who were getting hit. But then again I don't know what I'm doing.
  • I'd definitely trans class skills first, yes.
  • Thanks @Volphrin for that question because I myself is in a dilemma of saving the bound credits for artefacts or using them to buy lessons (Runewarden here). I know what I am going to do next.