Simple Ideas

Comments

• Victory -> Figurehead absorbs the soul of sea monster. ala Shang Tsung YOUR SOUL IS MINE
  • Your crew taking blood from the sea monster and anointing your figurehead to boost power would be cool.
  • Make it possible to DISABLE CURING during jousts? Being stuck trying to hold your breath in there blows.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    So, regarding the mark system and the drear of contracts. Infamous people are open to the mark, right? What if killing infamous people netted mark a point, or at the very least counted as if they had completed a contract for the sake of staying in the mark and not getting booted?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Why not actually sail to regen. Also if you don't anchor and keep moving while you hunt, you can effectively lose 0 figurehead power unless you are keeping up a shield

god forbid you have to do some risky sailing to regen.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Saeva said:
    Why not actually sail to regen. Also if you don't anchor and keep moving while you hunt, you can effectively lose 0 figurehead power unless you are keeping up a shield

god forbid you have to do some risky sailing to regen.
    I think the issue is not so much the times when it is risky to sail, but that most of the times it can be rather boring. Going up and down with nothing happening in-between is not too terribly exciting.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Wait, whoa, really? Implying I take no risks hunting sea monsters? I'm hurt. The Durande has the highest average level in the top 10 rankings.

I don't drop anchor because I rarely hunt anything less than the lvl 400s, and striders can't anchor-tank that. I've sailed around for about an hour and got ~1k. I can burn through most of that 1k in 10 minutes against a picaroon/warship because of the constant fire-setting and/or high damage that requires the occasional Wavecall/Shield to survive. That's a rough trade. I also enjoy tackling Tapoa in windcutters for challenge, which does require Shield, which means I can only do it once in a blue moon because of the cost and sailing time to build back up to a sufficient level.

Hunting Tapoa/Sapphire/Dardanos in a strider, yeah, you don't use much, but hunting Phocia can see you burn through it pretty respectably depending on sea conditions and which monsters spawn. Don't think our experiences line up.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Ur a sissy, dad

Sharper than any steel.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Hi

Any chance we can get the items rewarded by Ship trades listed somewhere with what they do? I've searched and frankly cant find it anywhere.

It could quite easily be listed in HELP SHIP ARTIFACTS or within HELP SHIP TRADES I suppose.

Some examples of the items for those that dont know what im talking about:

* A striking captain's hat
    * A Notic amulet
    * An unmarked crate
    * A Barrel of Rum

Please and thank you :)
  • edited April 2016
    New seafaring command: Ship Ram

Either out of foolishness or sacrifice, you may decide to ram your ship into another stopping it in its tracks as well as your own. Note that doing so will cause damage to both your ship as well as the others. Ramming a ship into another requires speed, the faster the ship the more damage. The target ship must be in line of sight and direction of your ship. A ship barely moving will not cause much havoc.

The size of the ship does matter. A windcutter attempting to ram a galley may find just how foolish a decision that was (More damage to the cutter).

Weaponry specialization: Fireship/Hellburner

A reckless but effective strategy. By setting your ship up and lighting it beforehand, you may cause your ship to explode upon ramming another. This will cause massive damage to your enemy, as well as setting their ship alight, but will however mean a quick drop to the seabed for your ship. A reckless venture like this will reduce your crew's morale.

Deckhand Specialization: Chum (or some variation that seems magical to utilize a seaspell)

By use of your figurehead, you may cause chum to appear around your ship for a small time, causing the chances of attracting fish to increase. You could be unlucky/lucky enough to catch a shark! (Last bit is just for kicks, doesnt really need to be added)
  • (I'm just filling up this page with my comments >>)

So with mini-pets, could we perhaps WEAR <minipet> with some, as in to place it on our shoulders? Although this may be strange with some like giraffes, others like ferrets, skinks and spiders seem adorable for it Perhaps they need to be in a certain weight range, below 50 pounds (My skink is only 10 pounds, and the giraffe is 100, so this could work)?

It could then add a small description to our appearance in the room of "A <minipet> sits upon his/her shoulder".

• Everyone who owns a tarantula. 
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    :sweat:        
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Asmodron said:
    (I'm just filling up this page with my comments >>)

So with mini-pets, could we perhaps WEAR <minipet> with some, as in to place it on our shoulders? Although this may be strange with some like giraffes, others like ferrets, skinks and spiders seem adorable for it Perhaps they need to be in a certain weight range, below 50 pounds (My skink is only 10 pounds, and the giraffe is 100, so this could work)?

It could then add a small description to our appearance in the room of "A <minipet> sits upon his/her shoulder".
    Feel like I've seen this before... Don't they do that in Aetolia?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• SHE WEARS A SNUFFLE OF HEDGEHOGS!!!

OMG PLEASE YES!
  • Would love to be able to wear Valk's midnight lizard, adorable!

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I've noticed in other IRE games they seem to have no limit on how may items they can stock in a shop, or their limit is much higher. I'd like to see a higher limit implemented in Achaea, or at least have it possible to buy slots to increase capacity... whether it's a one time purchase, or an addition that has to be paid for on a reasonable regular basis like renting extra space. The extra space is even moreso because you can just buy 1 of each cure at a time and they just dump all their cures into one thing and you can buy as little or as many as you want with the price set per plant instead of paying for an entire group.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Kayeil said:
    Asmodron said:
    (I'm just filling up this page with my comments >>)

Feel like I've seen this before... Don't they do that in Aetolia?
    Yep. A Celani rewrote the entire wear system there so you can describe how things are worn, and you can even wear random stuff like corpses, so you could do something like...

Attire belt wrapped about the waist
    Attire loincloth barely covering his naughty bits
    Wear corpse
    Attire corpse carried over the shoulders

Then on examine people would see:

He is a Troll. He is tall and burly. He is wearing:

A simple rope belt (wrapped about the waist)
    A tattered loincloth (barely covering his naughty bits)
    The corpse of a Mhun (carried over the shoulders)

At the least, it made for amusing pranks when you caught someone afk...

Re shops - Aet has an artifact that lets you expand stockroom capacity. You can also stock design patterns and just fill the shop cache with comma for the designs to be created when someone buys them. Lusternia has manses and Imperian has the stalls, so their shop situations are a bit different, since there isn't really a hard limit on the total number of possible shops.
  • it seems silly that you can only hire crew for your ship that have no experience at sea at all. If we are talking in realistic terms, then one should be able to hire both inexperienced as well as experience sailors for their ships. My suggestion is: Allow the purchasing of more trained crew members for higher prices.

This would not only make sense but would also provide another avenue of gold usage (since most everyone would want high ranking crew members) as well as still give the option to hire unseasoned crew members for the average cheap price.
  • Asmodron said:
    it seems silly that you can only hire crew for your ship that have no experience at sea at all. If we are talking in realistic terms, then one should be able to hire both inexperienced as well as experience sailors for their ships. My suggestion is: Allow the purchasing of more trained crew members for higher prices.

This would not only make sense but would also provide another avenue of gold usage (since most everyone would want high ranking crew members) as well as still give the option to hire unseasoned crew members for the average cheap price.
    Experienced crews are suppose to train new crew faster, so that might have to be tweaked a bit possible to deal with his option. I approve otherwise, sailing up a lubber crew suuucks
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • Experience from sea monster hunting also makes it easier to train up new crew now.
  • Some other ideas to enhance and saturate the Deckhand Specialization (which seems to be the smallest of the group). I previously suggested the idea of 'Chuming' the waters as well.

Suggestions:

- Ironline: Your experience with fishing has allowed you to properly maintain a fishing line even while sailing. This passive ability will never let your line snap if your ship moves.

- CargoHolder: Your careful maintenance of Cargo will allow it to never be lost at sea, should your ship sink.

- Polish: Once a month you may polish and refine the figurehead of your ship, boosting its power by 1000.

- Fire barrels: After having purchased them from a dock, you can light these barrels and release them behind your ship. Should any ship collide with them, they will explode causing damage and possibly start a fire.
  • Asmodron said:
    Some other ideas to enhance and saturate the Deckhand Specialization (which seems to be the smallest of the group). I previously suggested the idea of 'Chuming' the waters as well.

Suggestions:

- Ironline: Your experience with fishing has allowed you to properly maintain a fishing line even while sailing. This passive ability will never let your line snap if your ship moves.

Hello fishing+ship trades being a thing. Would have to be a chance of not snapping to get it through

- CargoHolder: Your careful maintenance of Cargo will allow it to never be lost at sea, should your ship sink.

Don't think this would get approved, but you never know!

- Polish: Once a month you may polish and refine the figurehead of your ship, boosting its power by 1000.

Not sure how I feel about this, would probably need to be balanced around combat/sea monster hunting

- Fire barrels: After having purchased them from a dock, you can light these barrels and release them behind your ship. Should any ship collide with them, they will explode causing damage and possibly start a fire.

Sea mines! These would obviously have to have a short timer before disappearing, otherwise you get an asshole throw out tons of these around Tasur'ke/Thraasi/Shastaan or a city harbour with no way to clean them up except to ram into them
    my thoughts. Trying to think of more ideas but coming up blank right now
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • Dortheron said:
    Asmodron said:
    Some other ideas to enhance and saturate the Deckhand Specialization (which seems to be the smallest of the group). I previously suggested the idea of 'Chuming' the waters as well.

Suggestions:

Hello fishing+ship trades being a thing. Would have to be a chance of not snapping to get it through

Don't think this would get approved, but you never know!

Not sure how I feel about this, would probably need to be balanced around combat/sea monster hunting

Sea mines! These would obviously have to have a short timer before disappearing, otherwise you get an asshole throw out tons of these around Tasur'ke/Thraasi/Shastaan or a city harbour with no way to clean them up except to ram into them
    my thoughts. Trying to think of more ideas but coming up blank right now

Thing is, if ironline was only a chance of not breaking then it wouldnt be worth it. Catching some large fish can take about 2+ mins and if we were to consider during that time a ship moving...then the line would have a very high chance of snapping. I could see some concept of a bigger line for deckhands, but then Fish rankings wouldnt be as fair. This is basically based on an idea of being able to refill a figurehead while doing something.

The Polish idea is also based on another avenue to refill a figurehead. With the Deckhand spec being the least attractive and not much for offense and defense, I thought we could throw in another utility enhancement.
  • To my understanding, ironline would work against their current fishing system.  Right now, areas have a certain supply of fish, which will deplete over time and force deep sea fishers to move about.  It's just one of the little anti-AFK systems they have.  If you're fishing with ironline, which pool of fish would you take from?  Where you cast? Or where you reeled in? And, I suppose for that matter, wouldn't it make these fishing pools somewhat moot at that point, since you could just sail in a circle and perma-fish?
  • Man being able to fish while sailing would be baller but it would have to have an increased chance of line snapping to be balanced. If it was a decreased chance then people would just fish trawling up and down the coast. 

• What's the point of having clotting in chivalry when it's already in survival(pretty far in too)? Can that not be replaced with something more worthwhile? Also, in the two-handed weaponmastery specialization, some of the skills have the <venom> variable within the syntax, but others just don't for some reason .. I feel like those should all be able to be used similarly
    Certain classes get Survival/Vision utilities in their class skills because there were deemed either necessary for that class, or good flavour for it. It's a good thing when you're a midbie playing with only your class skills, not everyone starts out with Survival, Vision, and Riding transed.

Can't think of any 2H abilities without the in-line envenoming that need it. Blunt weapons can't be envenomed, so naturally anything that uses blunt weapons exclusively won't have that option. Post specifics?