Simple Ideas

Comments

• They all have it, they just don't list it in the AB files. HEW, OVERHAND, UNDERHAND, and CARVE for instance all have the option but it isn't listed in the syntax. You can file a Typo if you care Tolan.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • Rom said:
    They all have it, they just don't list it in the AB files. HEW, OVERHAND, UNDERHAND, and CARVE for instance all have the option but it isn't listed in the syntax. You can file a Typo if you care Tolan.
    Didn't realize they actually had it, as it didn't say in the syntax. Thanks!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Tolan said:
    What's the point of having clotting in chivalry when it's already in survival(pretty far in too)? Can that not be replaced with something more worthwhile? Also, in the two-handed weaponmastery specialization, some of the skills have the <venom> variable within the syntax, but others just don't for some reason .. I feel like those should all be able to be used similarly
    Not everyone has Survival. Clotting's also a part of Kaido (i think its Kaido).
    Huh. Neat.
  • Yeah, it's SUPER early on in Kaido like...
    200 lessons?
  • Uh, it's like 90 lessons in Kaido.

Pretty much what Aerek said, really. To help those newer to be able to properly play their class without a massive investment. Sort've like how pretty much every class that uses venoms, now has envenom on their main skill instead of needing to spend ~600 lessons on weaponry just to get it. (bard/jester the main two, there might've been others.. sentinel? Idk)

• If only we could get the same for parry.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Trueparry (Swashbuckling)                     Known: Yes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Syntax:            PARRY left leg|left arm|right leg|right arm|head|torso
                       TRUEPARRY centre|left|right|none
    Works on/against:  Adventurers
    Details:
    The trueparry ability, combined with the weaponry parry ability, allows you to actively defend 
    attacks against two parts of your body. 'centre' parries attacks to both the head and torso. If you 
    do not have the weaponry parry ability, then trueparry allows parrying, but not trueparrying.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #BardzaretehStarz

• I have this idea, about baldrics. Right now, you can only physically wear one baldric. This has no effect on my outside of how cool drawing/sheathing is(I know, I have lame needs) ..

I think it would be really cool to be able to ATTACH BALDRIC TO <mount>, to which you can draw/sheathe from if you are mounted(or maybe standing next to your mount?). Would be really neat, and make things look really cool.
  • Qwyn said:
    It would be nice if nondecay/resetting items showed up in artifact list, or in their own command-generated list.
    I like the idea, as it would be nice(I made something nondecay/resetting, and the first thing I did was to check artifact list), but I think it would clog up the list for people who do that with a lot of items. So yes, another list in all would be swell
  • Qwyn said:
    It would be nice if nondecay/resetting items showed up in artifact list, or in their own command-generated list.
    There is a DECAYLIST, make a NONDECAYLIST!
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Tolan said:
    I have this idea, about baldrics. Right now, you can only physically wear one baldric. This has no effect on my outside of how cool drawing/sheathing is(I know, I have lame needs) ..

I think it would be really cool to be able to ATTACH BALDRIC TO <mount>, to which you can draw/sheathe from if you are mounted(or maybe standing next to your mount?). Would be really neat, and make things look really cool.
    It would be nicer if we could just wear more than one baldric, and more than one backstrap. We can already wear infinite scabbards, beltloops, belthooks, etc, but classes that deal in multiple two-hand weapons or multiple shields are handicapped in this manner for some reason.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    It would be even better if we could fit two-handed swords into scabbards. </3

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Your ludicriously large anime style weapons is one of the strongest arguements against that.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited May 2016
    Tahquil said:
    Your ludicriously large anime style weapons is one of the strongest arguements against that.
    Not really, unless you are under the weird delusion that someone could not customise a one-handed sword to be just as big. 

In the end scabbards are much more interesting containers for swords, and there are nowhere near as many nice baldrics are there are nice scabbards around. Even the Bazaar seldom bothers with them

ETA: Also, baldric just does not have the same associated image/idea as a scabbard. Dunno, lots of reasons why I think something like this would be nice.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• A simple idea but could we have the option to simply give our BM sword to Murad for reforging purposes rather than to a Humgii? I frankly cannot blame some BM for wishing to change their sword name, either from a rather bad name or simply one not fitting, but it also hurts thematically for BM to throw their swords to Humgii to try and make another.

The function could be simple:

*Give sword to Murad*

Murad will look up curiously and ask if you are seeking to reforge your blade

*Say no* will return the blade

*Say yes* will cause an emote of him melting down the sword and asking for new components for it (as in the same sword procedure), thus equivalent to using a Humgii.

-

In this way, the 'spirit' of the blade is remaining, but merely it's shape, form are being changed and a new name given for the new form.

• Asmodron said:
    A simple idea but could we have the option to simply give our BM sword to Murad for reforging purposes rather than to a Humgii? I frankly cannot blame some BM for wishing to change their sword name, either from a rather bad name or simply one not fitting, but it also hurts thematically for BM to throw their swords to Humgii to try and make another.

*Give sword to Murad*

*Say yes* will cause an emote of him melting down the sword and asking for new components for it (as in the same sword procedure), thus equivalent to using a Humgii.

-

In this way, the 'spirit' of the blade is remaining, but merely it's shape, form are being changed and a new name given for the new form.

And Murad could sell those blades which others have turned in!

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Asmodron said:
    A simple idea but could we have the option to simply give our BM sword to Murad for reforging purposes rather than to a Humgii? I frankly cannot blame some BM for wishing to change their sword name, either from a rather bad name or simply one not fitting, but it also hurts thematically for BM to throw their swords to Humgii to try and make another.

*Give sword to Murad*

-

As much as I wish it were easier than doing the blade quest over and over again, I kind of see it like the wands in Harry Potter... if you RP it very strictly and go by you get what you get because that's what came as a result of your quest. Then again, so many don't abide by that RP, so it's really hard to say what the right thing is... to leave it as is, or change it up some. The Garden did confirm more than one person can have the same blade name so it's not like you're trying to go for something only you can have and no one else can, and RP-wise it's not necessarily exclusive to you.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Add in a TALISMAN MARKET CANCEL option, or allow us to trade items not on market. It seems to be an oversight that I can't make a private sale and pull the item to sell.
  • edited May 2016
    Shirszae said:
    Tahquil said:
    Your ludicriously large anime style weapons is one of the strongest arguements against that.
    Not really, unless you are under the weird delusion that someone could not customise a one-handed sword to be just as big. 

In the end scabbards are much more interesting containers for swords, and there are nowhere near as many nice baldrics are there are nice scabbards around. Even the Bazaar seldom bothers with them

ETA: Also, baldric just does not have the same associated image/idea as a scabbard. Dunno, lots of reasons why I think something like this would be nice.
    Something like Lusternia's frogges would work.

Basically just a leather clasp/loop that can hold a weapon (typically used to hold scabbards of swords to the belt though, I think? But Lusternia uses them for holding two handed and blunt weapons.

Although historically swords like claymores and great swords were transported in hand (slung over the shoulder) or like on a cart.

Could have a flavour kind of thing added in the game where you can sling the weapon over your shoulder and hold it with one hand, freeing up the other hand. Otherwise just unwield the weapon.
  • I think a lot of that could be done way better if we could just customize the wield/unwield lines better.  I hate how if you put reactions on wield/unwield, you still have the wield/unwield lines before your reactions.  If they could replace them, or if that's not possible then be configured to happen after the reaction line (for certain lines, depending on customisation), then that would be a very real option for weapon flavour.
  • @Penwize Pretty sure DRAW and SHEATHE are among the commands that allow custom emotes to be used with them, so that would be an option.
  • If it's not a thing, being able to emote WITH draw/sheathe could be cool. Aetolia lets you emote with item manipulation, eg handing an item over, dropping an item, placing an item on /in something, you can make an emote and that will replace the drop/put/give/etc line with the emote as well as actually transfer the object. I bet that bit of code could be snagged and modified for draw/sheathe. 
  • That's already a thing I think. 

• Yep, that's what he means by them allowing custom emotes.  It certainly does help, but draw/sheathe are just a small subset of what could be a host of other interesting interactions with weapons and wielding/unwielding them.
  • Speaking of Blademasters:

2016/05/03 07:58:54 - Everligene has bled out, slain by the might of Tendril Aesh, of the Grass in 
    The Collosea en Duir.

Brokenstar doesn't have a custom deathsight. Profound sadness...
  • Brokenstar does have a custom deathsight. Deathsights in the arena are based exclusively off of the damage type that did the finishing blow.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • Speaking of... Engage is supposed to have a custom deathsight, but it's never actually worked. Need to try to remember to BUG that when I can log in next.
  • I knew it!!
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Penwize said:
    Yep, that's what he means by them allowing custom emotes.  It certainly does help, but draw/sheathe are just a small subset of what could be a host of other interesting interactions with weapons and wielding/unwielding them.
    What kinds of things are you thinking of? Maybe we're getting beyond the realm of "simple ideas" though, might be worth putting a new thread up to discuss all of this.