Sites you visit

13»

Comments

• facebook, gaiaonline, pinterist, reddit, penny arcade, oglaf (don't judge), tumblr (most of us host our pics there), youtube. 

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    www.neopets.com

:D

• HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Most of my time online would go to:
    news.google.com
    twitter.com
    facebook.com
    flickr.com
    espn.go.com

and various infrequent visits to sites listed above (kongregate, deviantart)

What was the success (or failure) rate for facebook? Admittedly, many of their games are social, click games (not too involved).  But, they, like Achaea are free to play, which must be something of an attraction.

• edited April 2013
    Haven't seen boingboing or io9 mentioned yet. Don't forget there are a lot of good sf/f zines/blogs out there that have advertising slots open which are read by serious sf/f (and more mature types).

Example: http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/advertising/

Clarkesworld has cred. Serious cred. I know you might not get as many pageviews as say, some of the bigger gaming forums, but quality players might be nice. Of course, if you can convince someone on boingboing to do a write-up, that would be pretty sweet too.

The other stuff I regularly read/refresh may not be as helpful because I alternate between sff/fandom and my music nerd haunts (gorilla vs bear, pitchfork, cokemachineglow etc).

Oh, ps: xkcd forums.
  • www.imdb.com
    www.mangastream.com , www.mangareader.com
    AppleInsider, TheAppleBlog
    www.lifehacker.com, www.apartmenttherapy.com
    www.threadless.com
    43rumours.com
    slashdot.org
    Webcomics: Looking For Group, Ctrl Alt Del, DLC, Questionable Content, Leftover Soup, xkcd
  • Perhaps counter-intuitive, given his ruthless style of slating games, but I reckon if Yahtzee were to do a video on his first 20 hours of Achaea it would be a real crowd-puller.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • I use an adblocker so I don't see ads. I'd guess a lot of people do now a days since most ads are down right annoying. I started playing because Fratley, Nicolai and Tanor was playing in class and I got interested and tried it out (Well more like they spent 2 weeks talking me into it)

So you'd prolly do better with a post on a geek forum as some of the others said.

But for sites I visit these days...