PlayStation VR

Who's getting it? You like it?
Discuss it all!

Comments

• Amanu said:
    Who's getting it? You like it?
    Discuss it all!
    I use the Vive VR and LOVE it. It's one of those things you can't explain to people or show them videos of. No one understand until they put it on and put the headphones on. Your brain decides psychologically you're really in the virtual environment. People try to lean on things that aren't real constantly. Horror games take on a whole new meaning. You can watch some videos of people throwing the controllers and curling up in a ball on the floor screaming. I had one friend almost throw the headset he couldn't get it off fast enough. Vive has the added advantage of room scale and motion controllers though. I didn't care for my oculus nearly as much. Only thing you have to watch out for is if you aren't a somewhat fit person...

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    It's not quite in the range I can afford it just yet, but when eventually I'm rolling around in cash, I absolutely will buy VR (playstation especially). It looks incredible and I'm highly jealous of anyone who gets to experience it on a regular (or ... any, really) basis.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    I got the PSVR with Valkyrie and Batman VR. Batman was too short but has convinced me that I won't play a serious horror game with it on or I'll try the headset up trying to get it off. Other than that, I love the concept. Just need to figure out the online games to get so I have some people to make teams with like Valkyrie. 

• Amanu said:
    I got the PSVR with Valkyrie and Batman VR. Batman was too short but has convinced me that I won't play a serious horror game with it on or I'll try the headset up trying to get it off. Other than that, I love the concept. Just need to figure out the online games to get so I have some people to make teams with like Valkyrie. 
    Told you the horror is real! I love playing intense zombie games on vive. Stuff jumps the crap out of me when I turn around and it's RIGHT there.
  • I'm definitely interested in the PSVR but I won't buy it until I am able to give it a solid play session. I feel like visually it's probably cool but the motion detection stuff using the PS camera makes me nervous. I've played the Xbox Kinect before and was not impressed with the wonky motion detection. I really doubt the PS camera is any different. 

I would love to try it out and be blown away though. I've been waiting for immersive VR since the shitty Virtual boy back in the 90's crushed my dreams.
  • How does the PSVR compare to the Vive?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • How does the PSVR compare to the Vive?
    I haven't tried the PSVR but Oculus vs Vive was no contest. Returned Oculus because roomscale+motion controller = the matrix
  • With games like Onward(fps) and MythicaVR(vr d&d), Vive is probably the best out.